Blender animations

Bashis

im learning how to use blender, and my goal would be to fix the spellsingers cast animation, for those who dont know the spell forms and fires about a foot left of your pc in third person, making the anims unusable for actual fighting, ive gotten as far as opening the skeleton and anim in blender. that leaves me with the skeleton in the fire spell stance standing on the grid, but i have no clue how i would go about adjusting the animation to make the spells fire out properly in game.

An Actual Pic in Game or Preferably Blender to show whats Wrong and what you want to correct is Essential .

What Type of Spell / Projectile etc is Also Necessary to determine if it can be fixed in Blender or Just By Scripts ,

Cheers

An Actual Pic in Game or Preferably Blender to show whats Wrong and what you want to correct is Essential .

What Type of Spell / Projectile etc is Also Necessary to determine if it can be fixed in Blender or Just By Scripts ' date='

Cheers

[/quote']

the problem with that is i dont know the first thing about blender, i can provide a screenshot from in game, but i dont know how to play an animation or see the projectiles in blender, when i load up the kf on the skelly i get a still model of the end frame of the cast.

i grabbed a few screenshots, the spell actually originates out of the fireball to the left of your pcs head and travels towards your crosshair, making it accurate only at long ranges, short to mid the bolt hits to the left because it hasnt traveled far enough

post-108325-13597882986916_thumb.jpg

post-108325-13597882988063_thumb.jpg

post-108325-13597882988979_thumb.jpg

the problem with that is i dont know the first thing about blender' date=' i can provide a screenshot from in game, but i dont know how to play an animation or see the projectiles in blender, when i load up the kf on the skelly i get a still model of the end frame of the cast.

i grabbed a few screenshots, the spell actually originates out of the fireball to the left of your pcs head and travels towards your crosshair, making it accurate only at long ranges, short to mid the bolt hits to the left because it hasnt traveled far enough

[/quote']

OK, your first steps will be to get comfortable with importing meshes and animations in Blender.

This is a probably the best tutorial that will guide you step by step through the basics of importing an animation into Blender, modifying it, and saving it. http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/28326

The basic flow is this:

1. import your body meshes and delete the armatures

2. import skeleton.nif from your _meshes folder, in addition to the defaults, choose the options "import animation" and "import skeleton only and parent selected". Before you clock done, also click on the ... next to "keyframe file" and select the animation that you want to import.

3. go nuts.

4. export and fix the idle name and loop settings in Nifskope

That's right...you need to import the skeleton and the animation together.

Notes: many (but not all) of the techniques listed in that tutorial are probably obsolete if you are using Pose Converter.

Your next step will be to figure out which animations need to be modified. Start by going through all of the animations that have the word "cast" in them.

After you have imported the animation, look for the bone called "magicnode". That is the one whose keyframes and/or ipocurves you will probably want to modify.

From the Look Of It ' date=' The Magic Node was Bouncing all over the Place .

I cant Test to See whats Wrong , So I tried to Fix It , It may be Messed up , But Just Replace this With the Existing Casttarget animation,to see if its fixed or whats wrong .

Cheers

[/quote']

thanks for trying, but whatever you did made it so i couldnt even cast flare in game, like the anim didnt even exist. ill keep trying to figure out how to blender.

Hey It worked , I forgot to rename the NiControllerSequence From CastTargettest to CastTarget,

Just open the .kf File And Change the Value .

You Have to Manually adjust the Magic Node In Blender , to Get this Fixed

I did It a Bit and The Trajectory is Sorta Fixed But there is A Bounce

Cheers

Archived