Fallout 4 Update Messed Something Up

It's hard to put my situation into a small title. Essentially Fallout 4 updated a couple days ago and I had to reinstall the new script extender. I went through everything normally but now my AAF seems to be having difficulties again. This sucks because I JUST figured everything out and had everything working. I don't know if I need to update all my AAF animation mods or what but it's stuck loading at 80% again and it doesn't do the normal script when I load a game. It's just stuck in the corner saying [AAF 80%] or something along those lines. Before it said something along the lines of "This usually happens because script extender was installed incorrectly" so I went back after updating it and reinstalled Script Extender from scratch but it's still just at 80%. Sorry if I'm repeating anything but it's frustrating. Do I need to update all the mods or could it be something deeper? Also if you reply, please put it in dumb people words. I'm bad at processing information. 

13 minutes ago, YaoiPotato said:

It's hard to put my situation into a small title. Essentially Fallout 4 updated a couple days ago and I had to reinstall the new script extender. I went through everything normally but now my AAF seems to be having difficulties again. This sucks because I JUST figured everything out and had everything working. I don't know if I need to update all my AAF animation mods or what but it's stuck loading at 80% again and it doesn't do the normal script when I load a game. It's just stuck in the corner saying [AAF 80%] or something along those lines. Before it said something along the lines of "This usually happens because script extender was installed incorrectly" so I went back after updating it and reinstalled Script Extender from scratch but it's still just at 80%. Sorry if I'm repeating anything but it's frustrating. Do I need to update all the mods or could it be something deeper? Also if you reply, please put it in dumb people words. I'm bad at processing information. 

uninstall it and download the one found here last page:  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/97147-advanced-animation-framework/page/256/. post 6383 @EgoBallistic

3 hours ago, YaoiPotato said:

preach it , i had crash crash crash. not just from AFF  but NM too. had to disable or uninstall about half my mods. i also had just spent 2 days working to get trans blueprints meshed with f4se and my build mods working then crash crash crash. i didn't get the notice from the update till 8 that night so spent about 5 hrs trying to reload my game over and over. steam and bes should notify you of major updates and upgrades that crap on your brand new MSI gaming laptop!

10 hours ago, AA Huffman said:

preach it , i had crash crash crash. not just from AFF  but NM too. had to disable or uninstall about half my mods. i also had just spent 2 days working to get trans blueprints meshed with f4se and my build mods working then crash crash crash. i didn't get the notice from the update till 8 that night so spent about 5 hrs trying to reload my game over and over. steam and bes should notify you of major updates and upgrades that crap on your brand new MSI gaming laptop!

That's why it's Advised when modding any game to make a backup and switch of updates.... learning the hard way is never nice :(  so I hope you got things sorted now and you have switched off Auto updates in steam!

On 11/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, mashup47 said:

That's why it's Advised when modding any game to make a backup and switch of updates.... learning the hard way is never nice :(  so I hope you got things sorted now and you have switched off Auto updates in steam!

Only  been modding about 3 weeks and didn't understand what was happening. o well we live and learn. doesn't really matter now. It didn't kill my laptop, would take more than that. It's just aggravating. 

1 hour ago, AA Huffman said:

P.S.  steam was still crashing about every 15 minutes until i uninstalled hardship: beggar/whore mod. the mod never loaded it's animations any way and I followed step by step instructions and watched the vids on how to do it. maybe i missed a step but couldn't find out what.

Hay no worries. Best thing to do is take it slowly get the Game updated and installed with FSE and working first, Then with no mods installed  check in game and make a save just before you take the lift out of the vault for the fist time. This will save you time when testing. this will be your base clean saved game (which you can return to if things go wrong). then once working you can start installing mods one or two at a time remember to also check in game that they are installed and working. To get you started this guide

is the best easy and really the only install guide for AAF.  Just remember not too get carried away and install 10 or 20 mods at a time as this will end badly. And if you have problems ask in the forums you'll  find there is a lot of knowledgeable people and the mod authors who are happy to help you. ?

3 hours ago, Phelps1247 said:

I didn't even update the game and this happened. Super weird. Though it'd crash at 60% instead of 80%.

AAF was updated only a few hours ago. So if you downloaded it with in those few hour's and have not updated your game the same result. As there will be a mismatch of FSE instruction's. Either up date your game and FSE to match (which is recommended) or Use the old version of AAF(Not recommended).

24 minutes ago, AA Huffman said:

well got MCG mod to let me turn tricks once. then wouldn't let me ask the male settler at 10 pines bluff if he wanted any. the wife did twice with a strap on. also it loaded anims. yeaa! mabee need to go to another settlement.

Glade your problem has gone. By the way The Hard ship mod to the best of my knowledge dose not have any animation's. ?

Free Fall crash and burn

I ran into key lock on my game. Not the keyboard , not the mouse, and not the Xbox1 controller would operate; trigger,zoom,activate,block,ect ect. all i could do was move and use the pipboy. The keys worked in the pipboy but not in game mode. I tried every fix i could find until i got to disabling mods. Half way down the list FO4 stopped loading. it would load the play options screen but crash when i hit play to launch  crash. I hit uninstall and reinstall. All because i want a little spice in a already graphic game. And yess the AFF mods gave me what  i wanted even if only once. Does anyone know if NMM keeps a copy of your mods even if you uninstall the game.

what mod manage should I use for Skyrim SE or does NMM work. I tried to open NMM but it keeps saying no FO4 ESM found. I already have Skyrim on my comp.

Archived