Legraf Tweaks - ABANDONED

Legraf, some feedback for when you return to modding:

The panty theft UI can be improved.  The layout is confusing because there's a toggle for panty theft being "possible" with gift, with two separate odds settings for with-gift and without.  The help text is correct in noting that the two are mutually exclusive, but I didn't read it because I thought the controls were obvious.  So I set "with gift" odds to 50% and "without" to 10%, and wondered why I never had panty theft.  I thought I was enabling non-gift panty theft in addition to with-gift, and I was wrong.

I suggest that you either remove the toggle and support both chances (being careful not to have two thefts), since either can be disabled by setting the chance to zero.  Or use just one chances setting and rename the toggle to Panty Theft Requires "Gift" (you'll have to reverse how that flag works in the script).  The current arrangement with the toggle and two chances settings is confusing.

I also suggest a Reveal Thief button, useful if the player has turned off naming the thief (I like the mystery) but wants to debug or verify that the mod if working.

Last, if the mod stops tracking thief when the thief leaves the area (I think that's how it works; I could be wrong), please reconsider that.  A fair number of NPCs visit the inn in the evening but return home after midnight or leave the inn for work in the morning.  When I figured out my goof with the settings, I managed to get the theft to occur but I noticed a lot of NPCs departing right after I awoke in the morning.

On 5/3/2020 at 1:19 AM, HexBolt8 said:

Legraf, some feedback for when you return to modding:

Thanks HexBolt8, all good suggestions and easily fixed when I split out Panty Theft properly.  For now I think I did put in a way to know the thief even if "reveal thief" wasn't ticked... ah yes, for the SleepCreep event, it uses debug.trace() to put the thief's name in your papyrus log.  Of course, that means alt-tabbing out of Skyrim, so hardly an optimal solution!  I'll make it better.

• 3 months later...
On 8/8/2020 at 4:36 PM, handsandarrows said:

Hello! First time i see your mod, and i would really like that SPERG unarmed fix, but i can't find it with downloads?

Okay i am stupid, i see now it is part of LegrafTweaks file ? But would it not be better release every tweak alone?

Yes, it probably would be - somehow it all made sense when I started this project!  I didn't want to have numerous .esp files for each minor fix.  Of course, many people know how to merge .esps, so for them it wouldn't hurt to keep things separate.  However, there'd still need to be one MCM, since that's not mergeable - that (and some globals for configuration) are the main reason for the one .esp.

Luckily, the SPERG change doesn't have any configuration, so for this you don't need the MCM or the .esp.  All you need is speunarmedmanager.pex.  So I really should package that separately.  I'll make a note to split that out, next version.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! From what I understand, you've removed the panty theft portion of this mod, to be made separately.. however It doesn't seem to have been updated recently. Am I not seeing a more updated version somewhere, or has it simply not been uploaded yet? Wonderful mod by the by!

Hi nebellious, you have it exactly right.  Most functions have been moved to the stand-alone panty theft mod but I haven't quite finished the switch (nor even tested it!) as I suddenly found myself doing new tasks including simple but abundant coding work "at work".  So I'm afraid PT is on hold until I can get through that (another month, assuming no new surprises).

However, I've left the old Tweaks version up - if you use that and just take the new scripts packaged in the latest Tweaks, theft should still work while also updating the scripts for new versions of MME, SLApproach, and SLAdventures.  Umm... "should".  And if you don't use those other tweaks, there's no need to update at all until I cobble together the new & improved PT.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

`Hello, I am having a very strange bug and I am having a tough time troubleshooting it.

I have all the requirements, this file and Panty Theft (the loose one) installed, however, the Theft event never happens, not even when setting the chance to 100% (with gift, without gift does not matter).

I double checked my load order: SL Adventures -> Legraf Tweaks (1_2_1) -> Panty Theft

Anyone any ideas of what might be wrong?

3 hours ago, ChibiUser said:

I have all the requirements, this file and Panty Theft (the loose one) installed, however, the Theft event never happens, not even when setting the chance to 100% (with gift, without gift does not matter).

To work with SL Adventures, in that mod's MCM, on the Miscellaneous Options page, Sleep Creep must be enabled.  Even if "without gift" is 100%, the sleep creep event still has to occur.

30 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

To work with SL Adventures, in that mod's MCM, on the Miscellaneous Options page, Sleep Creep must be enabled.  Even if "without gift" is 100%, the sleep creep event still has to occur.

Ah! So if I say 100% sleep creep and 100% panty theft (without gift or with) it should trigger? (to check if it actually works)

3 minutes ago, ChibiUser said:

Ah! So if I say 100% sleep creep and 100% panty theft (without gift or with) it should trigger? (to check if it actually works)

It should.  As I recall, sleep creep was a little tricky, but once it's set up in Adventures and working, then this mod will do the panty theft.

Be aware that the thief might not remain in the inn.  If the blacksmith is drinking where when you go to sleep and he steals the panties, the smith has left to open his shop when you wake up in the morning.  Therefore, just checking those present in the inn that morning might not find the thief.

• 2 months later...
On 4/28/2021 at 9:05 PM, HexBolt8 said:

It should.  As I recall, sleep creep was a little tricky, but once it's set up in Adventures and working, then this mod will do the panty theft.

Be aware that the thief might not remain in the inn.  If the blacksmith is drinking where when you go to sleep and he steals the panties, the smith has left to open his shop when you wake up in the morning.  Therefore, just checking those present in the inn that morning might not find the thief.

It's been a while, but have still not been able to get the panty theft part to work. The Adventures part *does* work (the sleep creep event happens every time if I set it to 100%), for some odd reason the Panty theft part never triggers.

I went on a troubleshooting spree to try and find the cause, but even in an extremely barebones setup (just Panty Theft and the requirements of it and it's requirements) and it still won't trigger!

I also tried enabling debug logging, but no logs seem to appear (in game, or in the papyrus logs themselves).

Any ideas what I could check to try and get it to work?

• 9 months later...