Ion

View File

Meet Ion.

Someone asked me if I'd release my PC as a follower. This is my first attempt at doing so.

Ion was the look from which Elsie LaVache was derived and so you'll see a strong resemblance. The close-up photo is Ion. The photo of what looks like twins is Ion on the left and my PC on the right (also named Ion... coincidentally)

SSE Ported version HERE

SSE port by Tron91 (thank you). I can't provide support for the SSE version as I do not have SSE.

Ion can be found at the Braidwood Inn in Kynesgrove.

Body type is UUNP Special (Zeroed sliders preset)

She'll be naked when you find her, but trading anything with her should have her equip her clothes (currently that's the wedding dress and sandals)

Right now she's pretty much a simple follower. So have a look and let me know what I've screwed up. She works fine on my setup, but it's easy to miss things.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/15/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

26 minutes ago, Sleepytigereyes said:

She is actually very pretty in her own way. Upper lip looks a bit odd and a little overdone on the eye shadow for so much green. I think you did very well on her. I am very impressed.

20191115130222_1.jpg

Thanks! I take that as high praise from you. I love your followers and have lots of them :D

That green isn't that dark on the PC from whom I exported the head. Same thing happened when I exported Elsie's head. I should have remembered to lighten it before exporting but it's been a couple years since I did Elsie so... didn't think of it.
So far it appears I've at least gotten all the right pieces in place.

Thanks again for the comment and ... her lips are as designed. I was after very full, a bit pouty... almost botoxed.

There are a few problems with the HeadNif.

The Brows texture pathing points to textures\Actors\Character\femalebrows\CUbrow_09.dds

Hair texture pathing points to Textures\sghairs\hairholic.dds

Eye texture pathing points to textures\Actors\Character\eyes\eyemysterylight.dds

FaceTint path points to textures\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Ion.dds

If the end user doesn't have the parent mods installed, there will be loads of Pink Texture bug.

1 minute ago, Tron91 said:

There are a few problems with the HeadNif.

The Brows texture pathing points to textures\Actors\Character\femalebrows\CUbrow_09.dds

Hair texture pathing points to Textures\sghairs\hairholic.dds

Eye texture pathing points to textures\Actors\Character\eyes\eyemysterylight.dds

FaceTint path points to textures\Data\SKSE\Plugins\CharGen\Ion.dds

If the end user doesn't have the parent mods installed, there will be loads of Pink Texture bug.

Thanks. Thought I caught those. I know I redid them the first time I NifMerged. I can edit her head mesh easily enough

28 minutes ago, Tron91 said:

I will re-download when you upload the newer files and then port her for my SSE Build ?

Where are you seeing those paths? I opened her head mesh and don't see those paths.

There is a head nif in her "body" folder, but she should be using the one in her "head" folder. I'm going to remove the one that's not used.

** edit** ahhh.... you're looking at the nif in her facegendata... lemme see if I can fix this without breaking her face :D

Version 1.0.1 uploaded.

Fixed texture paths

removed unused files.

Try this one and see if I broke anything. When tested here it works, but.... :D

** edit **

looks like correcting her facetint texture path also fixed her makeup which was too dark. Much more like the PC she's based on.

25 minutes ago, chajapa said:

Did she port easily? And have you posted this in the SE downloads? 

You have my permission to post it SE downloads, with credit, and a note that I can not provide support on the SE version as I don't have SE

OR... I can just link it here.

Standard porting procedure, You just link it here. Let it be at the source.

OK... just gauging interest. I might crosspost this in the Elsie LaVache support thread as well...

Since Elsie and Ion look so much alike (they really are different. I compared them side by side)... would there be any interest in me developing some kind of story line where they're sisters?

Separated for.... some reason I haven't really thought much about yet.... same mother, different fathers (since Elsie is Breton and Ion is technically Nord, but she has elf ears).

I'd have to work out how to make them aware that the other is in game somewhere, without affecting things if someone didn't want to install both.

I *THINK* that could be as simple as having the Ion follower mod start a quest. Then The Elsie mod could check at some point to see if the Ion quest is running and the Ion quest could check to see if Else's main quest is running. Then figure out the mechanics behind creating an Ion Alias in the Elsie mod and an Elsie Alias in the Ion mod IF they're both running.... might take me a bit.

So... just curious how much interest there is. It won't be quick with the holidays coming, but I could at the very least start planning it out on paper.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, volt347 said:

I have installed ION but this happened. After installation I started a new game and before that I run FNIS. What could be wrong?

Untitled.png

I'd say you have something seriously fucked up. 

Ion's default body is UUNP. It shouldn't matter, but... are you running Skyrim SE? Or Skyrim LE?