Nisa’s Scaly Legs Auto Applicator Tutorial for CC mermaid tails!

[Currently for v LL.2.3 which will be released shortly. I'm also not sure if this is the place to post a tutorial for using one of my mod's systems. But this looked like the most correct so, neh.]

Aloha!

My mod Nisa’s Wicked Perversions comes with a new feature that will auto detect which mermaid tail a mermaid has equipped in their first bathing suit slot and then give the mermaid’s human form scaly legs automatically that match their tails.  However, by default, my mod only supports the default base game vanilla tails.  So, if you have created a custom tail and would like their scaly legs auto-applied with the tail then this tutorial will guide you through plugging into my auto-applicator system.

What your mod users will need to use this:

• To be an Adult!

• Nisa’s Wicked Perversions and it’s requirements [Patreon version 2.1.3+, LL version LL.2.3+]

What you will need before you start:

• Sims4Studio [http://sims4studio.com/board/6/download-sims-studio-open-version]

I’m also including an example of a working mod package that plugs into this system below for your benefit.  Please remember to change the instance Id’s of all items in these packages if you are intent on reusing it, else it will function as an override and disable this package for anyone else that may be using it for recreational purposes.

image32432432.png.c77fbd3e0d7ab6bb3abc548afb635dca.png

The core of my new system is the new type of snippet tuning called NisaScalyLegs.  This works just like any other tuning, just copy the snippet tuning template into new snippet tuning inside sims4studio [you can create a empty package via Tools->Create Empty Package and then add new snippet tuning via the add button in the lower left and then enter a new, unique ID.  Then convert this Id to decimal and enter it into the second line of the tuning template where s=”[your instance id in decimal here]”].

There are a few entries here that may need more explanation.  The first is the ‘stat’ entry.  This is perhaps the most confusing part.  You will need to create Commodity with states.  Each state should have at least a value entry and a buff entry.  When the statistic is set to the value specified, the buff will then be applied.  The buff, in turn, should contain an appearance modifier entry with the cas_part here corresponding to the instance ID for your scaly legs item.  The instance id for the statistic tuning should be entered in the ‘stat’ field in my NisasScalyLegs snippet tuning.

Next up is the ‘scale_detector’ entry.  This is a list of tuples.   You can place as many tuple entries in this list as you like.  For this example, I just include 2.  Each tuple in the list has three items in it.  The first is ‘tail_id’ which will be the instance ID for your custom tail in decimal.

image2352343245325632.png.06f34b975a9e5f259d68fc0e3312dded.png

You can find this by opening your tail in sims4studio, going to the warehouse tab, clicking on the CAS part tuning that corresponds with your tail, and then scrolling down it the data tab to the right to the key category and then the ‘instance’ entry.  This number will be in hexadecimal.

image23523432453256uieeuieui32.png.f57a915e5aa7c7a5945ac5435241cbcc.png

Convert it to decimal.  You can do this easily by going to the tools->hash generator in the toolbar and then pasting the hexadecimal number into the hexadecimal entry and then copy paste the decimal number that’s generated above it into ‘tail_id’ entry in the NisaScalyLegs snippet tuning file.  Next is the ‘legs_stat_value.’  Remember the commodity you created for the ‘stat’ entry?  This is the value that corresponds to the state that you want the sim to be at when the tail referenced by the ‘tail_id’ entry is being used in the first bathing suit outfit for the mermaid in mermaid form.  Finally, we have the ‘sex’ category.  This is simply the sex that corresponds with the mermaid tail.  Since male and female sims require different meshes it’s necessary you state their sex here and while the same leg texture can be used for both mermaids (and thus they have the same ‘legs_stat_value’ in my example package) they by no means need to.  If you only wish to make male tails then you do not need a corresponding ‘female’ texture for female sims.

That’s pretty much it.  If you install my mod just to test the applicator, then remember to go to the tam explorer found on any computer and then to the settings menu->optional mods-> enable scaly legs to have the scaly leg applicator enabled.  Then just equip your custom tail and the corresponding scaly legs should auto equip too.

NisaK_scaly_legs_example.zip