Quick question about PC stuff

Oh shit WTF

On 11/13/2019 at 11:30 AM, yag1z said:

It is the opposite for me. The game runs good till I install much mods. Even my cpu (i7 3630qm) in skyrim can't handle  dyndolod when I install it, It gives gpu bottleneck (gtx680mx sli)

I know people that used SLI for Skyrim (Bethesda Gamebro games for that matter) and the results are awful. Stutters and other issues besides bottleneck. ... Also  that processor is from a DDR2 / PCI experess 2 board generation. One that has only x16 for one of the PCI slots if you use two they BOTH drop to PCIxpress x1 as opposed to PCI express x2 so you are cutting the possibly of performance again in half. It is as if you are running on an much older generation of hardware.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/71459/intel-core-i7-3630qm-processor-6m-cache-up-to-3-40-ghz.html

SLI is a bottle neck to a small degree in itself. With the processor.. it is not a good result. Likely created by a company but doesn't mean they did it correctly or optimally. The processor itself can only handle x16 lanes for essentially what is needed to be x32 lanes. There isn't enough PCI express bandwidth. 

IN FACT.. most motherboards for Intel (many older AMD) don't have enough PCI express lanes to run a cross fire or SLI system without seriously hitting the performance.  What is needed before even considering this is a processor / motherboard setup that has at  least x32 lanes to use. That is only if you don't use any M.2 cards. If you do you need another x4 for each of them as well. (x20 pci express for a standard graphics card / M.2 system. ) Which most modern Intel boards /processors don't have (at the regular consumer level) You will be bottle necking things out of the box otherwise. (note.. if the M.2 is setup or can be setup as a sata than this is not the case.. however.. you will have a much slower experience with your M.2 basically close to if not actually the speed of a standard 2.5 in SSD. )

I can still rock my old system because as @Antrox stated you need proper specs running together to get the best results. If you do, you can get sometimes, more performance out of an older system than a newer one regardless of what the box says.  I still haven't even overclocked my system either. Still running stock. (prefer to for at least most of its life.. last longer and stays cooler easier. ) I still have some space to improve!

Build a proper system, even if it is cheaper, and you can have a great time and good results gaming. ;) Oh, and if wanting to upgrade your system.

Archived