Dirt Effects Removed During AAF Scene

3 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I'm not sure how Get Dirty works. I would have guessed that it uses overlays. But, AAF copies the overlays.

So, maybe it uses spells?

I think its probably a spell, overlays, like cum and tattoos are still visible. 

I checked it in xEdit and it's a spell with effect shaders. I like it, and its not critical that the dirt stays, would be nice though.

I'm asking around. But, it doesn't appear that the functions exist that would be needed to copy spells. There is no "get list of current spells" function that I can find.

So, the only way to fix the Get Dirty issue would be to make exception code just for that mod. I'm not really wanting to add one-off code for lots of other mods. I have no way of knowing if/when they change, if they become unsupported/broken, etc.

It would be a better solution if the author of that mod made it "AAF Compatible". AAF already sends out the information they would need to do this.

19 hours ago, dagobaking said:

I'm asking around. But, it doesn't appear that the functions exist that would be needed to copy spells. There is no "get list of current spells" function that I can find.

So, the only way to fix the Get Dirty issue would be to make exception code just for that mod. I'm not really wanting to add one-off code for lots of other mods. I have no way of knowing if/when they change, if they become unsupported/broken, etc.

It would be a better solution if the author of that mod made it "AAF Compatible". AAF already sends out the information they would need to do this.

Understood, it would get overwhelming pretty quickly.  I don't know if this helps, but from what I can see in xEdit, with somewhat limited understanding, it uses Spells to control Magic Effects which control the Effect Shaders.  Is there some function to get current magic effects, seems there must be, but I'm not experienced in this.

The author is still active on nexus, but Get Dirty seems to work fine and hasn't been updated in a year and a half.  If there is nothing for Magic Effects, I will contact them to see if they are willing to do anything.

Thanks

PS - I use a second mod which makes a few changes to Get Dirty, so having the author change it might not work in my case anyway.  Seems the best solution would be a blanket copy current Magic Effects function if it exists, like for Overlays.  If not, its not a huge deal for me.

From what I've seen, you can check for specific MagicEffects. But, you can't get a list of all MagicEffects to copy.

Having to look for specific forms means that you have to hard-code a script for each mod that has something to look for. I asked about this on the F4SE discord and nobody answered. So, I suspect that there just isn't a solution for it.

14 hours ago, dagobaking said:

From what I've seen, you can check for specific MagicEffects. But, you can't get a list of all MagicEffects to copy.

Having to look for specific forms means that you have to hard-code a script for each mod that has something to look for. I asked about this on the F4SE discord and nobody answered. So, I suspect that there just isn't a solution for it.

Thanks for trying, appreciated!  I'll send a message to the author to see if they are willing to take a look at making it AAF compatible.  If you wouldn't mind, could you give me a link to the info they would need for this issue specifically?  I think that would streamline it, and possibly better chance for them to have a look.

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Whacked said:

Thanks for trying, appreciated!  I'll send a message to the author to see if they are willing to take a look at making it AAF compatible.  If you wouldn't mind, could you give me a link to the info they would need for this issue specifically?  I think that would streamline it, and possibly better chance for them to have a look.

Thanks

Sure. If you could convince the F4SE team to add a function that gets the list of currently active spells on an actor, I could copy all spells to the body double during animation. That might fix some other mods using spells as well. So, that is the ideal.

But, the Get Dirty author could also copy the appropriate effect to the body double by using AAF's API. Here is what they would need to use:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit.md#!event-onsceneinit

and

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneEnd.md#!event-onsceneend

25 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Sure. If you could convince the F4SE team to add a function that gets the list of currently active spells on an actor, I could copy all spells to the body double during animation. That might fix some other mods using spells as well. So, that is the ideal.

But, the Get Dirty author could also copy the appropriate effect to the body double by using AAF's API. Here is what they would need to use:

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneInit.md#!event-onsceneinit

and

https://bitbucket.org/dagobaking/advanced-animation-framework/wiki/API/OnSceneEnd.md#!event-onsceneend

Thanks a lot.  I'm not sure I have much pull with the F4SE team, or anyone for that matter, ?.  I'm not sure how many other mods use spells, but I'm sure it would be useful to have as a function for future mods, more options seems better.  If I could make it happen I would!

9 hours ago, Whacked said:

Thanks a lot.  I'm not sure I have much pull with the F4SE team, or anyone for that matter, ?.  I'm not sure how many other mods use spells, but I'm sure it would be useful to have as a function for future mods, more options seems better.  If I could make it happen I would!

I don't think it would hurt to ask. If they see that there is interest in a feature that may motivate them to build it. Probably depends on how easy it is to implement. I don't know enough about the insides of F4SE to judge that.

On 9/30/2019 at 12:45 AM, dagobaking said:

I don't think it would hurt to ask. If they see that there is interest in a feature that may motivate them to build it. Probably depends on how easy it is to implement. I don't know enough about the insides of F4SE to judge that.

I will send a message then, like you say can't hurt.

Archived