Blackthorn Male Patch SSE 1.0.7z

View File

Blackthorn - a buildable town MALE PATCH

While trying to answer a question, I somehow managed to delete the forum part of this mod. And I don't know how/ if I can get it back. If you have a question about Blackthorn Male Patch, please post it on the forum of one of my other Skyrim mods for now. Sorry for being a ditz.

This is an all male NPC replacer for the mod Blackthorn - A Buildable Town mod. The original patch was made of "oldrim" by ffabris, then I made a "nordified" patch of his patch.

This file is the SSE conversion of my "nordified" patch, which includes all of ffabris original work, with some tweaks by me.

So, what is this?

I am glad you asked! Blackthorn is a great mod that adds a village in the Rift. The original mod makes this village buildable. The mod adds a host of villagers and merchants, stores, guard barracks, a farm, a mine and an inn.

This patch changes the following from the original mod:

ffabris' changes (copied from LE mod description):

• The entire town is now prebuilt; you don't have to build it yourself.
  • All NPCs are now adult males
  • The guards now wear orcish armor
  • The Manor was themed to the Thieves' Guild. I decided to change it. I do play Stormcloak (I love Ralof's dialog!). So I stuck a statue of Talos in the town, ripped out the TG display in the manor, and replaced the TG banner with a Stormcloak one.
  • Tons of mannequins with armor lag my game to death, so I never used the mannequins. Which led me to decide to just remove most of them. Thus the large area in the basement has been converted to a rock pool, of sorts.
  • I don't do the adoption thing either. Plus this is now an adult town. So the kids room has been converted into a sauna.
  • The Edgewater Tavern is renamed to Stonewall Tavern.
  • There was a problem with guards getting stuck on the idle markers inside the jail cells. The author of the original mod has mitigated this somewhat but there is no way to completely fix it. So I ripped out the markers altogether, along with the prisoner. This makes the jail basically useless, but I preferred to have the guard earn their high salaries by protecting the town, rather than hanging out in a jail.
  • Added insects outdoors.
  • Replaced many of the aspen trees with pines.
  • Expanded NPCs' AI to make them more active, while still respecting their various jobs in town. This affects most, but not all. I left the 2 innkeepers alone, and miners, guards and inn guests. So, don't be surprised if, for example, you see a couple of guys idling on the dock, enjoying a romantic evening together.
  • The grounds-keeper now has a dog.
  • Something unexpected was discovered in a little visited part of town. It has been tidied up and made available to the townsfolk. (Special "Deco" in this area is initially disabled; it can be toggled via a switch near the entrance.)
  • Tons of exterior navmesh fixes. Hopefully, NPCs and animals won't be running into buildings or walls anymore.

My changes (copied from LE Mod description):

• NPCs are dressed in vanilla outfits. Guards still wear Orcish armor.
  • NPC's use only vanilla hair (maleimperial and maleredguard)
  • Removed the dependency on Sexlab Aroused. Sexual preference (and many other things) can be easily changed with the Manipulator mod.
  • Changed most of the landscape to use as little added grass as possible to accommodate the use of grass/ landscape mods. The mods can/ will add grass all over the place. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that.

The SSE version has been cleaned with xEdit. Be advised that the original Blackthorn mod will have to be cleaned with xEdit!

Form has been changed to 44.

All textures and meshes have been optimized with Cathedral Assets Optimizer.

I have been testing the conversion extensively, so I am pretty sure I managed to fix all the quirks. If you do find anything strange, please let me know.

Requirements:

Skyrim SSE

Blackthorn v1.1

Recommended:

The Manipulator

Sextalk (gay)

Updating to version 1.2

- Download new version and install

- when in-world (be outside or in the manor) open the console with the tilde (~) key

type: pcb (to clean cell cache)

- close console with the tilde (~) key

Check the Alchemist and/ or farm to see if the kidstuff has gone (the doll on the bedside dresser at the alchemist; the wooden sword and child clothes in the farmhouse)

If they are still present, go outside or into the manor and reset the affected cells like so:

- open console

- type: resetinterior aaaBlackAlchShop

- type: resetinterior aaaBlackFarmhouse

- close console and check again

Credits:

ld50365 - creator of Blackthorn

ffabris - doing most of the work of creating the patch

Celtic Decor for Skyrim I - additional pictures and frames
Static dishes and food resource - static additional food and dishes

88x31.png NOTE: This mod is released under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike. In other words, feel free to make changes to the mod in any way you like, and upload the changed version. You do not need to ask permission. If you do so, you must credit me, and your version must be free. Further, you also need to credit any other mods used as resources, including those used in my original. Your own creation must in turn be released under these same conditions.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/19/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim SSE, Blackthorn v1.1
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Thanks for this!

No matter how I tried I could never manage to run Blackthorn in Oldrim - it was always crashing when I got close to the town. But it works perfectly in SSE/VR and I can finally get to enjoy it.

I have tried some of the other ffabris' mods and I have problems with some of them. I wonder if you or somebody else have them working in SSE,

Become a guard - animations don't start (so also do not end and the mod relies heavily on ending animations). Maybe it is because I use SL Light and maybe the animations are not tagged the way it expects.

Brother keeper - the 2 NPCs are nowhere to be found

Cocksmen - the twins don't want to talk to me.

I'm curious if somebody have made them work.

Thanks again for the patch conversion ?

On 9/21/2019 at 3:53 PM, prinyo said:

Thanks for this!

No matter how I tried I could never manage to run Blackthorn in Oldrim - it was always crashing when I got close to the town. But it works perfectly in SSE/VR and I can finally get to enjoy it.

I have tried some of the other ffabris' mods and I have problems with some of them. I wonder if you or somebody else have them working in SSE,

Become a guard - animations don't start (so also do not end and the mod relies heavily on ending animations). Maybe it is because I use SL Light and maybe the animations are not tagged the way it expects.

Brother keeper - the 2 NPCs are nowhere to be found

Cocksmen - the twins don't want to talk to me.

I'm curious if somebody have made them work.

Thanks again for the patch conversion ?

Hi Prinyo,

Sorry for my late reply. I had forgotten to follow the thread myself, so I didn't get a notification. Yeah, I AM blond.

Anyway, I am glad you are enjoying Blackthorn so far. For me, Blackthorn has always been a must-have mod, made all the better with ffabris' patch.

As far as his other mods:

Becoming a guard - I have always had problems with that mod in Oldrim and was never able to figure out why, since everything seemed to be scripted correctly and such. I am not going to attempt to convert it to SE for this reason. But then again, maybe when I am feeling masochistic enough, I just might. Btw, why are you using SL light? the full SL works perfectly fine?

Brothers Keeper - I have never used this mod, so I have no idea about that.

Cocksmen - Is this my SE conversion you are talking about? I have never heard about the twins not talking to anyone before. And do you mean the Inn twins or the Manor twins? Can you give me more details?

8 hours ago, Vachnic said:

Cocksmen - Is this my SE conversion you are talking about?

Hmm, nope. Will try it out.

Becoming a guard  was working for me in Oldrim. I was thinking of removing the filters for animation tags to see if this will help.

I'm using SL Light because the full SL is not available for SkyrimVR.

5 hours ago, prinyo said:

I'm using SL Light because the full SL is not available for SkyrimVR.

Ah ok! I know absolutely nothing about SkyrimVR (or anything VR), so it will be interesting to see if the mods work in VR. I am one of those people that gets incredibly motion sick when using anything VR, so I won't be able to try it out, test and (most likely) give support for it though, unfortunately. But let me know if you run into weirdness and I will see what I can do.

• 1 year later...

I am horrible with CK, so I figured I'd ask here. Is there a chance of getting a version that adds just the pool to the manor? Like you, I don't use the mannequins, but I'd rather keep the original NPCs since I have a replacers for them I like.  I know it may be a big ask, but you never know until you ask. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn you Blackthorn! WHAT ARE YOUR SECRETS?!

No but I seriously appreciate everything you and ffabris have done for the gay Skyrim modding scene. I absolutely adore y’all. But I’ll be honest this “special deco” thing is confusing me and I have no idea how to activate it. I even found the secret storage room in the manor but no dice. I would be terrible at escape rooms lmao.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/27/2022 at 9:27 AM, i0Bjhansen0 said:

So I just got the mod and I saw how many beds there were in the manor. What's a good way to fill those beds?

On 1/4/2023 at 12:20 PM, i0Bjhansen0 said:

has anyone figured out how to open the locked sarcophagus? activating it does nothing as far as i can tell.

Hi i0Bjhansen,

Sorry for the, um... delay in answering (see my post above).

Regarding your question about the beds: You could use a follower mod and set Blackthorn Manor as the home for followers.

As far as the sarcophagus goes: it indeed does nothing. I am not sure what ffabris had planned for it originally, but it is basically just a pretty shiny thing now. (and called that in the scripts). So your answer is as good as mine in that respect.

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2024 at 9:40 PM, ASD12QWER said:

why does it need USSEP? original mod doesn't

GOG game is incompatible with USSEP, is there any way to remove the dependency 

Hi ASD, I tried answering you yesterday during a super-lag period on LL. And somehow managed to delete the whole "Get Support" forum for this mod... Thankfully it has been restored by the kind LL moderators.

Anyway, to answer you question (finally): the mod uses a few script improvements from USSEP, which is why it is a dependency. I don't have Steam and Skyrim setup on my PC at the moment to check which script and perhaps other assets from USSEP it uses and remove them if possible.

You can potentially do that yourself with xEdit, provided that the GOG version will load USSEP, despite it being incompatible.

Due to "real life" commitments, I am not able to mod/ use Skyrim at the moment, otherwise I would have looked into it myself. If you are unable to remove the USSEP "stuff, let me know and I will put it on my list for when I have more time.