Oblivion, Alpha property help

movomo

I'm trying to make some rigged wigs.

I exported the mesh into obj, import it to blender, and weighted.

Here's what I did.

r80lyn20uutjpypbg.jpg

I treated this just like any other typical clothings, it appeared to be fine.

But as soon as I add the alpha property, it screwed.

frf3mn2k11l3rhybg.jpg

What else is needed for this to work? :-/ What am I missing? It's very obvious that I need 4845 alpha property to get any wigs to work, but it seems that I'm missing something very important.. or doing something very stupid..

Or any wig tutorial somewhere? My google search showed no luck..

that is because the rendering priority needs to be set. tesadventures forums has a tutorial of sorts that deals with that. I recommend looking it over. http://tesadventures.com

there are other things too' date=' but it is a hell of a lot to get into and much of that will be answered in the tutorial i mentioned

[/quote']

Thank you sir, um.. can you be more specific? Is that tutorial(s) is in the tutorials forum? There are many interesting things I see but I cannot seem to find exactly what I want.

the attachment contains two links that should take you to different threeads there related to what you are trying to do. you may also wish to contact those posting in those threads for additional help. Additionaly I did write a beginners tutorial on wigs for another user who was having trouble but that got lost here on LL. I searched for it myself but have been unable to locate it

New Folder.7z

Thank you sir' date=' um.. can you be more specific? Is that tutorial(s) is in the tutorials forum? There are many interesting things I see but I cannot seem to find exactly what I want.

[/quote']

Probably this one

http://tesadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=2893.0

the attachment contains two links that should take you to different threeads there related to what you are trying to do. you may also wish to contact those posting in those threads for additional help. Additionaly I did write a beginners tutorial on wigs for another user who was having trouble but that got lost here on LL. I searched for it myself but have been unable to locate it

Thanks for uber fast replies:D I'll try those and report back.

No luck.

I understood that the vertex age thing is important for displaying multi layered alpha meshes properly, but is it really relevant to the problem I'm having?

n1x7li8b63l4u83bg.jpg

To reduce my agony I deleted all except just one part. You see this is the simplest thing I can imagine, there are just 2 layers, one is heading inner and the other is heading outer.

I tried all 3 ways discribed in those tutorials. Ctrl+F method, snap & copy method, separating and re-joining method. I thought I managed to order the rendering priorities but still does not work in game. It's just floating in the air.

=====

edit:

Still same result with only one layer mesh.

:huh: What's the point of ordering the priority between one layer?

part of the problem i see is that you are using the skeleton that imported with the nif. dont ever do that as it screws everything up. after importing the nif delete the skeleton. the next thing to do is delete any existing vertex weight that you assigned to the meshes.

once that is complete press ctrl A and apply

from there uvmap and assign your textures once that is done set the rendering priority and then go about weighting your mesh

after you have completed this hold shift and select each mesh import your skeleton and parent it

from there export and do your bit in nifskope

HOLY COWS the culprit was associated _hl.dds (or _hh.dds).

I renamed those files to something else (as Apachii told)

then it works!

Thank you GSBmodders Gerra and Apachii really

I'll update the OP and change this thread into tutorial once after I succeed to convert a full hair.

HOLY COWS the culprit was associated _hl.dds (or _hh.dds).

I renamed those files to something else (as Apachii told)

then it works!

Thank you GSBmodders Gerra and Apachii really

I'll update the OP and change this thread into tutorial once after I succeed to convert a full hair.

I feel kind of embarrassed I assumed that you knew a bit more then you did otherwise this could have solved some time ago. Perhaps though it is better this way as it is now very unlikely that you will forget the lessons you learned in this project.

As for the skeleton, any time that you import anything which contains a skeleton you need to delete the skeleton. Not doing this causes serious issue's that sometimes cannot be fixed. to make things easier i keep a copy of growlfs universal skeleton nif on my desktop for easy import.

Aaaah' date=' I hope eventually you take requests :P

[/quote']

I started to wonder how beautiful that hair is so making you to want it badly. That is more or less (arguably, less) job than creating an armor...hmm.. like throne set? :rolleyes:

Anyways before thinking about taking any requests, I better write a tutorial so that everypony in the pony lab won't feel the agony I had.

Archived