Armors and outfits that do not replace the body ?

Hey. I'm in need of some armors that do not "replace" the body mesh. I have Coco's succubus legs installed, the problem is that the legs replace the whole body (since it replaces the shape of the legs). Coco has some armors included with the succubus legs, but there's not a lot of choice.

If I want to equip an armor, it's gotta be a mesh that is not attached to a body, simply a floating bodyslided piece. 

Thanks !

Actually, sorry if my explanation was lousy, I have some issues explaining complicated stuff in english. 
It's not really a slot problem : the legs I'm using have to be a "torso" type ; the body mesh contained in the legs.nif has legs distorded so they "blend" in the hooves. Problem is, most armors have a body with their armor meshes, to reduce clipping. Which means, equipping a torso armor while equipping the succubus hooves will either unequip them, or equip another body on top of the hooves armor, loading two bodies at the same time. 
I'm looking for the armors you can find in the Midnight Breed or the Nereid Pirates, modular pieces that come in parts. !
Thanks for taking the time though man !

1 hour ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Actually, sorry if my explanation was lousy, I have some issues explaining complicated stuff in english. 
It's not really a slot problem : the legs I'm using have to be a "torso" type ; the body mesh contained in the legs.nif has legs distorded so they "blend" in the hooves. Problem is, most armors have a body with their armor meshes, to reduce clipping. Which means, equipping a torso armor while equipping the succubus hooves will either unequip them, or equip another body on top of the hooves armor, loading two bodies at the same time. 
I'm looking for the armors you can find in the Midnight Breed or the Nereid Pirates, modular pieces that come in parts. !
Thanks for taking the time though man !

Take a look at my PM! 

8 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Hey. I'm in need of some armors that do not "replace" the body mesh. I have Coco's succubus legs installed, the problem is that the legs replace the whole body (since it replaces the shape of the legs). Coco has some armors included with the succubus legs, but there's not a lot of choice.

If I want to equip an armor, it's gotta be a mesh that is not attached to a body, simply a floating bodyslided piece. 

Thanks !

why everything so complicated, I understand what you mean, others do not understand it!
the succubus hooves are merged with the legs \ body, if you put on armor, then the hooves disappear.

but how do one say, a picture says more than 1000 words. :classic_wink:

https://eskrimmods.blogspot.com/2018/11/cocosuccubus-orc-cbsubssmp.html

I changed a  custombody in Bodychange by the armor meshes. It works well, I don't have to equip them anymore, and I can equip some stuff I couldn't before. The problem is easily understandable in the picture below.

When I equip an armor, the legs come through the hooves !

Is it a problem of priority ? Of slot ? Is it even possible to have the body have the priority over the armor ? 

20190813231806_1.jpg

3 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

I changed a  custombody in Bodychange by the armor meshes. It works well, I don't have to equip them anymore, and I can equip some stuff I couldn't before. The problem is easily understandable in the picture below.

Is it a problem of priority ? Of slot ? Is it even possible to have the body have the priority over the armor ? 

20190813231806_1.jpg

bet hooves are sbp 37, and body is sbp 32

so it's normal, when you equip the body, for the legs to clip with the hooves

because of that thoses hooves come with and edited body

solution 1 : you put the body of those hoves inside all armors you want to equip
solution 2 : you finish skyrim body (in fallout you can cut arms, legs, whatever, that's done by

having sbp 38 on the legs of the body, when you equip armor legcut that is sbp 38, those parts from the body are unload, to be replace with whatever you want)

if that was in skyrim body, you could give sbp 34 and 35 to armor cyborg arm, for iron armor, leather armor to not remove the cybord arm

if you give sbp 38 to those armors, and to those hooves, you can do the same (but it's as time consuming as replacing the body from all those armors, and will be problem with new armors mods, so it's too late)

5 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

20190813231806_1.jpg

Best is to make your the legs larger in bodyslider. And use leg slider -100 in game. Then the original body will be inside your new legs.

Send the file if you want help.

18 hours ago, Redflyingmonkey said:

Nope can't work without the hooves looking like an abomination ! Isn't there an easy way to only allow one specific mesh to override the armor body parts ? 

Jeeeeze

Can you share the nif in a massage? You have to add the hooves to to the slider. So the need the be bigger as default to.

Best is to mask the them and use scale +2 and move them to the right place.

• 2 months later...

I use those hooves too and couldn't figure out a solution. I've been searching for outfits/armor that don't use slot 32 but still cover the body. No luck of course as of yet because normally this isn't an issue for most people. So most mods use slot 32 because how many people actually use Coco's hooves right?

I am also really bad with modding and only know the basics. So playing with body slot numbers and the like is actually really challenging for me. I may just do away with the hooves though, as there are numerous outfits I really like, but cannot wear.

Such is life, but if anybody knows of any armors or outfits that do not use body slot 32 let me know.

Didn't never tried Coco's mod ingame. Use it just as modder resource.

Just delete the ordinary body under the required armor and change the armor slot 32 into an other free slot! Then you change it in CK too.

Wrote once a tuturial which explain among other things how to deal with the slots.

www.mediafire.com/download/zd7vo7nwng52gug/From+a+noob+fo.

Personally work with another variant.

Spoiler

20181206132548_3.jpg.38c994d222853c9dfd02e94d7eb74622.jpg

20181206132545_3.jpg.16eae8461f52cc19b9561999208b3d85.jpg

Work with custom races. It allows me to delete the ordinary body and to add the custom body with hooves to the armor (in Nifskope). Just have to make a few changes in CK (feet or hooves have to become part of the body). Et voilà, my chars are able to wear whatever they like...

Archived