Very Specific CTD with Devious Devices

Hey All,

I recently reset all of my mods when I switched from Vortex to MO2, when I decided to pick up modding again. I want to use Devious Devices on this character, but during my playthrough I get some crashes, usually when an animation is supposed to play. After creating a new mod profile and using ONLY Devious Devices (Assets, Integration and Expansion), all related requirements, the DDHotfix and DD Runtime 1.5.80 (I found it in this comment by pugwash99: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-beta/page/50/?tab=comments#comment-2651375), and AddItemMenu to gather items for testing, I found that I get a crash when I do the following;

1) I set the blindfold mode to either "DD Blindfold" or "DD Blindfold w/ Leeches Mode"

2) I put on the blindfold, running through the usual prompts.

3) I go into third person.

Before I even see my character, the game crashes without fail, and I'm returned to the desktop. This is not the only time I get a CTD, but it's the most consistent one by far.

I have run both FNIS and Bodyslide prior to loading up Skyrim (Skse).

Anyone running into the same issue? I've had this issue prior to switching mod managers, though I don't recall if I ever solved it, or if so, how. This has been extremely frustrating for some time, a fix for would be greatly appreciated!

(Also, yes, I am using uiExtensions as required for AddItemMenu, I don't know if that is contributing to my crashes)

1 hour ago, NoNameWasTaken said:

Hey All,

I recently reset all of my mods when I switched from Vortex to MO2, when I decided to pick up modding again. I want to use Devious Devices on this character, but during my playthrough I get some crashes, usually when an animation is supposed to play. After creating a new mod profile and using ONLY Devious Devices (Assets, Integration and Expansion), all related requirements, the DDHotfix and DD Runtime 1.5.80 (I found it in this comment by pugwash99: https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-beta/page/50/?tab=comments#comment-2651375), and AddItemMenu to gather items for testing, I found that I get a crash when I do the following;

1) I set the blindfold mode to either "DD Blindfold" or "DD Blindfold w/ Leeches Mode"

2) I put on the blindfold, running through the usual prompts.

3) I go into third person.

Before I even see my character, the game crashes without fail, and I'm returned to the desktop. This is not the only time I get a CTD, but it's the most consistent one by far.

I have run both FNIS and Bodyslide prior to loading up Skyrim (Skse).

Anyone running into the same issue? I've had this issue prior to switching mod managers, though I don't recall if I ever solved it, or if so, how. This has been extremely frustrating for some time, a fix for would be greatly appreciated!

(Also, yes, I am using uiExtensions as required for AddItemMenu, I don't know if that is contributing to my crashes)

Make certain that everything that you are using is for SE. Mixing LE mods into and SE game is a recipe for CTD.

Otherwise, when a CTD occurs consistently with a particular location or item you most likely have a corrupted mesh. I would suggest deleting your current DD items and loading only the three mods (DDa, DDi and DDx) and their requirements and retesting. I have consistently used AIM with DD without any problem and feel that mod is not likely your issue.

Followed your suggestions. Made sure all mods were for Special Edition, and reinstalled DD using only the three core mods. Still run into the same CTD.

On a hunch, I wonder if I didn't install SKSE correctly, but I'm not sure. You install the data like any other mod, then manually drop the loader into the SSE folder, right? What about the SKEE plugins? Are those necessary? If so, what is the correct way to install those?

Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it!!

13 minutes ago, NoNameWasTaken said:

Followed your suggestions. Made sure all mods were for Special Edition, and reinstalled DD using only the three core mods. Still run into the same CTD.

On a hunch, I wonder if I didn't install SKSE correctly, but I'm not sure. You install the data like any other mod, then manually drop the loader into the SSE folder, right? What about the SKEE plugins? Are those necessary? If so, what is the correct way to install those?

Thank you for your help, I truly appreciate it!!

skee comes from Racemenu.

16 minutes ago, NoNameWasTaken said:

Ahhhh, did not know that. So installing skee would be redundant then. Thanks!

For me it sometimes seems like switching to 3rd person causes crashes. But it is nothing that I can reproduce in most cases. 

Archived