[AAF] RSE II:Wastelanders Rash(01/10/20)

[AAF] RSE II: Wastelanders Rash (01/10/20)

View File

WR.jpg.e84619e0ca04b0e3c6e5e1ef47f8aa87.jpg

Wastelander's Rash has arrived for RSE II.

This mod requires the RSE II Resources ESM, as well as AAF, MCM and it is coded to take advantage of Family Planning Enhanced's condoms if you have that mod installed.

This mod adds a Fallout variant of herpes to your game! It functions by randomly assigning the disease to spawned actors, be they ghoul, human, super mutant or dogs. You can catch it and you can spread it. Same goes for the NPCs that are infected. Left unchecked, with appropriate mods in place (Random Shenanigans or SEU), you could have the entire Commonwealth infected in no time! The disease is persistent on the afflicted characters and never goes away unless it is cured.

When infected, you will suffer periodic episodes of flareups. This incurs charisma penalties and damage over a span of time. You can find or purchase relief items that will stop an ongoing flareup. You can also find or buy the cure item. Also, you can remove the rash by visiting a doctor and curing your wounds.

NPCs infected might die if they have sex with another infected person. You can enable or disable this in the MCM.  You can also mitigate this with an NPC antiviral medication that you can craft in the CHEMLAB.

If you are cured and have sex with an infected person, there is a 50% chance they will be cured by your fluids. Or, as of v1.1, you can simply give a friendly NPC the cure item and they will be cured ~ this must occur as a transfer of the cure from your inventory to theirs for it to work. It cannot be done via the console.

Installation:

Just install it like you do any other mod. Due to its overrides of certain faction ACTOR types, the lower you place it, the better, just to ensure propagation of the disease to these actors can occur.

Requirements:

A functioning install of AAF.

MCM -> https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21497

LEGAL:

The source code is provided for you to make personal changes, should you wish to. It is not provided for you to alter, compile and redistribute your own version of the mod. The mod, Wastelanders Rash for RSE II is only allowed to be hosted and downloaded from Lover's Lab, under my specific user account.

Screenshots:

ScreenShot349.png.a5e76001e0af23126241b5e8e5779efc.pngScreenShot350.png.1e7909494865fa9a38c1c0a57440cb80.png

ScreenShot351.png.3b740cba159e802e9dca460b7dbbe778.png

ScreenShot352.png.1c955d626039159ee8c9f2780dd5803d.pngScreenShot355.png.00b982b627e397a9f7e69c03d7920ec1.png

ScreenShot356.png.8d553fe26528c70204854c84e18d6cf5.pngScreenShot357.png.fa9f2fd628126b2f1894dd0491c202d4.png

Just as an FYI to those who do not know what this mod is and want to understand what it does.

This mod will not be for everyone. It simply adds an STD to the game, that is quite capable of propagating all over the game world when coupled with RSE II's NPC/NPC sex mod: Random Shenanigans! Or if that mod is not installed, you alone will be capable of giving the disease to everyone you cum across. This mod works behind the scenes via ANY sex animations triggered by AAF, be it Sex Em Up, Violate, RSEII's CSA, whatever you've got installed.

There aren't quests. There aren't perks.

There are debuffs. There are risks.

This is more for people who want to add an extra layer of immersion to their sexualized game, where risks abound for having unprotected sex.

As a sidebar: It just dawned on me that, aside from this being my very first mod for Fallout 4, reworked and updated, it is also 1.5 years old! Crazy!

v1.1 Available to download

Small update that makes it so you can cure friendly NPCs that are infected with the Rash by simply adding a CURE ITEM to their inventory.

This does not work via the console. The item has to be changed from your inventory to theirs in order for it to cure them.

Does persistent mean I could say walk into diamond city market, or corvega assembly, or the forged base camp, fuck around, leave, and come back days later to find them all sick and such?

Is it limited to spreading by load doors?  Like, If im sanctuary doing the frisky presumably any thing not behind a load door- even down to boston airport is in danger?

12 minutes ago, sillybear said:

Does persistent mean I could say walk into diamond city market, or corvega assembly, or the forged base camp, fuck around, leave, and come back days later to find them all sick and such?

Is it limited to spreading by load doors?  Like, If im sanctuary doing the frisky presumably any thing not behind a load door- even down to boston airport is in danger?

What persistent means here is that once an actor is flagged as infected, they remain infected forever, until cured, whether they are actively loaded into your current location or not. Meaning if you infected say Myrna in Diamond City and then teleported (Fast traveled) to Sanctuary and then came back later, Myrna would still be infected. And anyone she has sex with via some mod or other, would become infected.

It is a true disease propagation model, applied to Fallout 4. Everytime a new NPC spawns in the game, they have a chance at becoming a new vector immediately upon spawning. Which for you means, any settlers you may attract to settlements, well, they may just be diseased right from the get go. Same goes for ANY npc that spawns in for the first time. This could include companion NPCs! So be careful! Wear a condom!

I wasnt kidding when I said, left unchecked with a mod like Random Shenanigans installed, the WHOLE Commonwealth could become infected - I tested this liberally when first making Wastelander's Rash 1.5 years ago. Within 3 hours of play, my infected NPC count was in the hundreds!  And that was with the NPC death enabled - where, when an infected NPC fucks another infected NPC, there is a chance the disease will not interact well and just kill one of the NPCs.

So yes, this is a be very careful mod. Not that it wrecks your saves or anything like that, just that, well, anyone and everyone could be a sexual hazard for you. And that includes those dirty-assed raiders who rape you during violations or CSA, where you CANT put a condom on! Loads of risk for your health with this installed.

44 minutes ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

What persistent means here is that once an actor is flagged as infected, they remain infected forever, until cured, whether they are actively loaded into your current location or not. Meaning if you infected say Myrna in Diamond City and then teleported (Fast traveled) to Sanctuary and then came back later, Myrna would still be infected. And anyone she has sex with via some mod or other, would become infected.

It is a true disease propagation model, applied to Fallout 4. Everytime a new NPC spawns in the game, they have a chance at becoming a new vector immediately upon spawning. Which for you means, any settlers you may attract to settlements, well, they may just be diseased right from the get go. Same goes for ANY npc that spawns in for the first time. This could include companion NPCs! So be careful! Wear a condom!

I wasnt kidding when I said, left unchecked with a mod like Random Shenanigans installed, the WHOLE Commonwealth could become infected - I tested this liberally when first making Wastelander's Rash 1.5 years ago. Within 3 hours of play, my infected NPC count was in the hundreds!

one more question, is there a console command or something to bring up wether a NPC has it?  

5 hours ago, mashup47 said:

would that not spoil the fun? as your going to find out when you have sex with them. Bit like life or a box of chocolates.

no, it wouldn't for me personally.

1) want to better understand of how it plays

2) attempting to weaponize it.    Best way I know to make sure i weaponized correctly, is to know what to expect/time frames/if folk actually get infected :)

3) I play the CCDC  and I have reports to write :)

v1.2 Available to download

I call this the forward thinking update. I added hooks into the RSE II Karma System, so that infecting and curing NPCs can count towards karma. There are controls in the MCM that allow you to enable or disable karma gains for EITHER of these actions, so that you could tailor your gains to your character type. IE: Infecting Someone is disabled, because youre a badass that doesnt care about anyone else, so, no bad karma.

At any rate, there are no mods out that actually use the karma system yet, so like I said, this is just a simple forward thinking release.

Some things in the pipe for future updates.

1. I am currently in the works of integrating this mod a lot closer to Family Planning Enhanced, for those that use it. The goal is to check the mother at time of birth and if it finds her as infected, it will infect the baby by default, so that they will grow up infected. So far I have the mechanism in place to catch all births and to scan the mother for the disease. I am currently working on checking her inventory for the baby object and flagging it as infected. From there, I will need to make a mechanism to monitor it's growth into an adult, at which point, the flag turns into the disease.

2. I am also beginning to investigate how Vinfamy applied the cum overlay in FourPlay, with the goal being to apply a persistent magic effect on infected NPCs, to have an overlay around their mouths and genitals that show the rash. Nothing done on this so far other than look at the cum over image in photoshop and to examine the forms in the fourplay.esp to see how it was applied. Im fairly certain something can be done here though - whether it remains persistent is another question, but at the least, my hope is the overlay will stay on them so long as there isnt a fade time applied to it. I may also look at Polistiro's overlay mod to see how he applies his, since the resolution on his overlays is so much better.

Either way, these are two things I am looking into. Number one, I am fairly optimistic I will be able to trigger baby to adult as infected - for sure I can intercept the birth. The next part is tricky, but I'll continue on. Number two, well, optimistic but more on the side of hopeful with a solid dose of it probably wont work.

More as it develops.

• 1 month later...

Id love the ability that kind of address this question.

"Hmm, Im having sex with this person, maybe I want to inject them during sex with a disease that will kill them. "

Another STD, that the player has and controls... its a mutation caused by the radiation.  When they choose to activate it, it infects the victim with a plague that coats them with blood-bug goo or something and kills them near instantly.

• 5 months later...

Wastelander's Rash has been updated to v1.3 to make it compatible with Crime And Punishment.

Having CAP installed is not a requirement, but WR will take advantage of it, if present.

Hi JoeR

Love you work

I'm experiencing CTD with WR v1.2, it worked just fine in this recent 1d and 14h playthrough, but today my game crashes when I make a save (quicksave, manual save, autosave all cause CTD). After a process of elimination I was able to make a save without crashing the game.

I don't know what exactly went wrong or if this is really caused by WR, all I can tell is, for me with WR on, at a certain point my game start to fail when making a save, only leave a .fos.tmp. and my character doesn't have any of the WR effect/item/disease active at the moment.

I also noticed in several of my previous playthoughs (which I dropped half way for same issue but didn't bother to look deeper), around the moment when my game started to crash, the save files suddenly grow by 5-7mb in size, using fallrim tool didn't help with this case.

Btw I'm using MO2 to manage my mod and nothing overwrites RSE serie mods, but I do have lots of other AAF plugins active at the moment, if it helps I can include a modlist.

• 1 year later...
  • Guest changed the title to [AAF] RSE II:Wastelanders Rash(01/10/20)
  • 10 months later...