Console Hardware is going to be obselete in 2013-2014

Guest Lady Luck

Guest Lady Luck

In today's gaming industry overall rating of the gamers today 98% choose PC gaming , why pc gaming is so popular because you can do alot of things pc can and console can't however JTAG and other modded console isn't obselete because jailbreak console is like computer itself does feel like a computer more like msdos feel even so jtag or jailbreak has pc feel its not the same.

however the engine on the console is so limited infact the game company had to take out few of feature what pc has , this is a sign that console isn't really recommendable on playing anymore however there's 10 exclusive console game what pc doesn't have which 10+ bonus on that , i don't care about the exclusive

what console really need to stay alive in a few years is mods if console had mods then it will be in a same page as pc , for now pc gaming is dominating the game industry by storm and making console developer running scared.

I don't think the sales numbers quite go this far. There are still a bunch of console users out there and they are not only buying games, there are folks still buying consoles. Something else you have to keep in mind is that the consoles themselves are quite old at this point. The current upsurge in PC game sales vs consoles will take a sharp nose dive once the new consoles come out. This happened with the last releases of the xbox and PS3.

Now I do "hope" that more developers do stick with PC games development (I just HATE shitty console ports over to PC) it will be interesting to see what happens when the new systems finally come out. Especially if they remain closed systems that prevent modding like they do now.

Myself, I am a PC gamer. I do own a PS3 but I only play racing games and stuff like Need for Speed on it. Other than playing my blue ray movies it just gathers dust.

Guest Lady Luck

I don't think the sales numbers quite go this far. There are still a bunch of console users out there and they are not only buying games' date=' there are folks still buying consoles. Something else you have to keep in mind is that the consoles themselves are quite old at this point. The current upsurge in PC game sales vs consoles will take a sharp nose dive once the new consoles come out. This happened with the last releases of the xbox and PS3.

Now I do "hope" that more developers do stick with PC games development (I just HATE shitty console ports over to PC) it will be interesting to see what happens when the new systems finally come out. Especially if they remain closed systems that prevent modding like they do now.

Myself, I am a PC gamer. I do own a PS3 but I only play racing games and stuff like Need for Speed on it. Other than playing my blue ray movies it just gathers dust.

[/quote']

i do agree with you at some point greg, console gamers have one paticular game that pc doesnt have but thats not all about which who isn't and doesn't have the best remember its about shaping the game into different look thats matter whats console game pisses me off in alot of ways like patching the game it took me 4 hours to patch 128 mb size wtf let alone on limited internet connection some lags will occur i have 25 mb connection explain that , how am i going to defend console gaming when they capped and controlled everything we all wanted to do we want new weapons new skin which xbox only allow DLC like style but a dlc sometimes overused on console there's less on pc and they called real game " expansion " trend rather then a dlc.. its just urking me here and there but the only thing i enjoy on console its the MSAA and AA experience u cant get that on pc which is balls.

Or perhaps there are gamers that don't want to update their games or services every few months (or every few days as it seems to be with Steam), perhaps there are gamers that don't give a fuck about online or multiplayer, perhaps there are gamers that belive a game should be good as is and not after they have turned it into their narrow view of what is "right" and, shockingly enough, there are gamers out there that don't belive that technology somehow makes a game "good".

Up until the point that a console functions identically to a PC there will be a market for them.

The days of the dedicated console are indeed coming to an end, but instead of the PC taking over, the line between the two are blurring. Consoles are becoming more like PCs; from the OS updating, to hard drives, to game needing to be installed and the game updates themselves.

And with it comes all the problems of the PC; OS corruption, hard drive crashes, games being released broken because "we can just patch it later!" The problem is, we haven't gotten to the point where consoles can have easily replaced parts like the PC. So we have machines who operate much like PCs... only without the benefit of being able to replace parts, or upgrade them.

The coming console generation will not be a big leap; if they wanted to make the kind of leaps we've seen before, the console would end up costing 800 some odd dollars, and as we've seen, high price consoles don't sell well, especially these days. The 3DO, the Neo Geo and the PS3 were all examples of high price either killing the system, or making it lag horribly behind.

With the Steam Box, we might see the first real glimpse of the unified future... or it could flop. But mark my words; in the future, the console and PC will be one and the same.

Archived