Special Hairstyle : black hair with white streaks

Kal-El

Hello everyone,

I looked all over the internet but didn't find any mod with that hairstyle : two toned hair or black hair with white streaks for a more classy or noble character.

It seems like you can't do it in Skyrim, but, while travelling in Skyrim, I found this hairstyle on the giants, they have the two toned hairstyle.

http://images.uesp.net/0/0d/SR-creature-Giant_02.jpg

And I wanted to know if a modder can make the giants hairstyle (or only their beards) playable for our characters.

Maybe import Ra's Al Ghul hair from Batman Arkham city or if a mod already exist.

http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ra%27s_al_Ghul-character.png

(sorry for my bad english)

You can make it two toned in Photoshop or Gimp (I used paint.net)

ScreenShot4712_zpsb3c4df94.png

Select the .DDS file of the hair your gonna use, then select which part of the hair you want white and adjust with curve or hue, then the same for the parts you want black.

Then on the showracemenu slider select the white color. That's how I did it.

If you select other slider colors it will change both colors tho. It's the only way I found you can get two toned atm.

I don't think there is a mod yet to do it in char creation w/o doing the .dds file tweak (I was looking for the same thing you were :)) I just happen to read somewhere how to do it in photoshop/gimp.

ScreenShot400_zps8320ffd3.png

Select the .DDS file of the hair your gonna use' date=' then select which part of the hair you want white and adjust with curve or hue, then the same for the parts you want black.

If you select other slider colors it will change both colors tho. It's the only way I found you can get two toned atm.

I don't think there is a mod yet to do it in char creation w/o doing the .dds file tweak (I was looking for the same thing you were :)) I just happen to read somewhere how to do it in photoshop/gimp.

[/quote']

I will do it, thanks a lot ^^

Select the .DDS file of the hair your gonna use' date=' then select which part of the hair you want white and adjust with curve or hue, then the same for the parts you want black.

[/quote']

Thanks man! Well here's Rachel with a new hairstyle! :)

2559175-1356067479.jpg

[/quote']

what hair mod is that, if it's possible to know...? :o

[/quote']

You can find that hair here: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=13162

[/quote']

Yeah its called 'Harvest' and you can get it from the Sims hair pack that mega linked or part of Children of the Sky race which I use. http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=4367

• 1 month later...

Select the .DDS file of the hair your gonna use, then select which part of the hair you want white and adjust with curve or hue, then the same for the parts you want black.

Know what dds compression format is normally used?

Know what dds compression format is normally used?

For all my hair re-textures I use the highest DXT5 compression. Not sure about others though.

I have put this tiny tutorial together of how I changed the Color in my Hair, just to point people in the right direction, when it comes to altering original colors

This is the method I used to change my hair color, now I know there are better ways, I just have not discovered them yet, so if anyone wants to add to this they are welcome too!!! :D

FYI I am using "Paint.net" for this tutorial.

I have Circled in RED the Points of interest.

Step 1: Click "File", then "Open" then Locate the Hair file you want to change, it must be a .dds file located in the "Texture" folders.

step1selectaddshairfile.jpg

Step 2: Go to "Tools" & select the "Recolor" tool.

step2gototoolsselectrec.jpg

Step 3: Select "Tolerance" level percentage, 50% is great for black Hair.

step3selecttolerancelev.jpg

Step 4: Go to "Window" & select "Colors".

step4gotowindowselectco.jpg

Step 5: Color the parts of the hair you want colored.

step5colorthepartsofhai.jpg

Step 6: Go up to the File tab, & select "Save As"

Step 7: Now save the file in a temporary location or save it into your Skyrim's Hair directory

Example: Program files(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim/Data/Textures/NS

The example above is my directory for the Hunting grounds Hood with Hair

Hunting Grounds Outfit Hood with Hair recolored.

2013022300002.jpg

Here
is also another way to Alter the Hair---->
http://www.scrapephotoshop.com/how-to-change-hair-color-in-paint-net-version-3-36/

Just use the method exactly like the picture in the video for your .dds file.

I personally Skipped Step 4 in the video.

Here is a pic with Both Methods used:

2013022400003.jpg

Make sure though you "DO NOT" overwrite the original Hair file or you will have to re-download the hair mod, I suggest saving your original Hair file in a separate location  in case you need or want to revert back to the original.

• 5 months later...

Archived