Is it possible to make fallout 4 animations?

3 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Iv'e seen animators using 3ds max 2018 in some vids I watched.

Impossible. Havok Tools does not exist for 2018. Its a stretch getting it to work in 2016, but that is the last one that works with Havok, for sure. And you need Havok in order to export the animation file - without that, there is no animation for Fallout 4.

This said, I watched the linked video - the dude is simply exporting an OBJ from Max and bringing it into Outfit Studio to assign bones and weights to it, that the game then uses as if it were a piece of clothing, which he then makes into an ARMOR form in the CK and more importantly, uses the already existing animations on it. The video had no animation efforts in 3DSMax represented at all.

To OP - you need Max 2015 or 2016 and the Havok Tools. There is no alternative to this combination.

2 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Then it shouldn't be hard to find copies from another source maybe. Check here for a start. Or did you have better info? Also I found this, though I haven't tried it.

I think you'll find that 3DS Max 2016 isn't in the list of available previous versions.

Which also requires you to have a subscription in the first place, which from what I've seen, is expensive as hell, especially if you're "only" using it for mod animations.

It's apparently not easy to get a hold of a 'legit' copy of 3DS Max 2016/15, let alone the Havok tools for it, with or without the money to throw at them.

6 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

I think you'll find that 3DS Max 2016 isn't in the list of available previous versions.

Which also requires you to have a subscription in the first place, which from what I've seen, is expensive as hell, especially if you're "only" using it for mod animations.

It's apparently not easy to get a hold of a 'legit' copy of 3DS Max 2016/15, let alone the Havok tools for it, with or without the money to throw at them.

You cant "get" the Havok Tools anymore - they don't make them. Not in a way that Fallout 4 modders can use, let alone afford.

5 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

What, so there isn't a way to make new animations for FO4 anymore?

There is... just that sort of topic (obtaining Havok Tools) is not looked upon kindly due to legality reasons.

Sadly no. Havok Tools is a native 3ds max plugin. It will not install or load into anything other than 3DS Max 2015 and/or 2016.  Tried to install it into 2018 when I updated and it simply fails to initialize - its not made for it sadly.

image.png.4a86dd9e5405cc5514b2e0a5e5f59e1f.png

image.png.28cfe4bc7ab62b9f0a07040d7cb80fac.png

So wait, is there a way that you or anyone on loverslab could give me the 2016 program or is that not even possible,being able to send eachother programs? I would make so many animations if i were able to get my hands on the 2016 version because i have havoktools already.

Archived