? FASHION POLICE ? Updated : 2020-07-19 Eco Lifetsyle mini-update

17 hours ago, uriel1987 said:

What should i do if i want the npcs to use both cc and maxis clothes? Should i copy all the text from Dresser_CC_2020-02-14 to Dresser_2020-02-14?

YES, then during gameplay, click on a sim and either; (a) Save an outfit, then delete it from the list. or (b) delete the outfit, then save it back to the list.

This will re-sort and re-index the list. It will also remove any duplicates and the update markers.

As I said before, this is my tribute to fashion and style. May the randomly generated atrocities rot in the cells of good taste and be nevermore seen in our games.

Also, I will be tackling children's wear next BUT you are all still welcome to suggest (read: challenge) favorite or least favorite items to be styled for this mod. I already wrestled those sports bra's into submission and I kind of need a new enemy challenge (What? No, I don't approach this like boss fight in Zelda. That'd be ridiculous...)

@2cool4u_1 @erplederp

Hi there,

Another Mac user here about to download for the first time! Did you find a way to use the outfit cleaner on a mac? If not, would either of you be willing to make a custom file for me? I totally understand if not! Just in case, the DLCs I have are Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party Stuff, and holiday stuff (I also have Toddler Stuff but that's probably not relevant lol).

Thank you so much for this incredible mod!!! I'm so excited to use it!!

4 hours ago, Downloader said:

Still question as I don't think its in this mods remit but, any way to limit unnatural hair colours by percentage or if not outright block some?  Getting annoyed by the rainbow freak show in my towns. 

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I'm only handling outfits, because a shared mod for hairs or makeup would be a ridiculous amount of work. MC Dresser does handle those too (and eyebrows), but you won't like what it involves. You have to blacklist each color for each hair you don't want used. For example; If you want to only remove all the purple hairs, you need to go through every single hair one by one and blacklist them, both for EA hairs and CC. It wouldn't be so bad if you could do it in CAS, but it has to be done in-game with sims using those hairs / colors. Now, if you also want to remove pink, blue, green, white, .....

In case you're interested click on a sim >> [[MC Command Center]] >> {{MC Dresser]] >> [[Blacklist Items...]] >> [[Hair]]

That will stop that color on that specific hair from being chosen in the future. you can then randomize a new hair if you want. My advice is go ahead and slowly blacklist them as they come up. I started doing that and (after a long time) it helped BUT be WARNED it uses the same cfg file as the outfits. There's no issue with adding "Fashion Police" updates, which is why I marked them, but don't do what I did and accidentally replace the file. I should have backed it up.facepalm.png.4d2c27efef735c7548fdf812b706bf8f.png

9 hours ago, uniboob said:

@2cool4u_1 @erplederp

Hi there,

Another Mac user here about to download for the first time! Did you find a way to use the outfit cleaner on a mac? If not, would either of you be willing to make a custom file for me? I totally understand if not! Just in case, the DLCs I have are Get to Work, Get Together, Get Famous, City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party Stuff, and holiday stuff (I also have Toddler Stuff but that's probably not relevant lol).

Thank you so much for this incredible mod!!! I'm so excited to use it!!

Hi,

No one has gotten back to me if WineBottler (or another app) can run the Outfit Filter. I don't have access to a Mac, so I can't test it out myself. It's too much work to provide EVERY combination of packs on the off chance that someone might need it, but I have absolutely no problem with filling requests. Voila: 8,643 outfits.

mc_dresser.cfg

There are no toddler outfits (at least not yet), but @wild_die is currently working on children and taking requests. We won't need to see badly-dressed (neglected) children, and we won't need to spend time dressing them when our toddlers age-up unless we want to.?

2 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Haha, I know exactly what you mean. I'm only handling outfits, because a shared mod for hairs or makeup would be a ridiculous amount of work. MC Dresser does handle those too (and eyebrows), but you won't like what it involves. You have to blacklist each color for each hair you don't want used. For example; If you want to only remove all the purple hairs, you need to go through every single hair one by one and blacklist them, both for EA hairs and CC. It wouldn't be so bad if you could do it in CAS, but it has to be done in-game with sims using those hairs / colors. Now, if you also want to remove pink, blue, green, white, .....

In case you're interested click on a sim >> [[MC Command Center]] >> {{MC Dresser]] >> [[Blacklist Items...]] >> [[Hair]]

That will stop that color on that specific hair from being chosen in the future. you can then randomize a new hair if you want. My advice is go ahead and slowly blacklist them as they come up. I started doing that and (after a long time) it helped BUT be WARNED it uses the same cfg file as the outfits. There's no issue with adding "Fashion Police" updates, which is why I marked them, but don't do what I did and accidentally replace the file. I should have backed it up.facepalm.png.4d2c27efef735c7548fdf812b706bf8f.png

Yea.... nope, I'll stick to editing in CAS on the fly, thanks for walking me though it though.  

6 hours ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Hi,

No one has gotten back to me if WineBottler (or another app) can run the Outfit Filter. I don't have access to a Mac, so I can't test it out myself. It's too much work to provide EVERY combination of packs on the off chance that someone might need it, but I have absolutely no problem with filling requests. Voila: 8,643 outfits.

mc_dresser.cfg 970.25 kB · 0 downloads

There are no toddler outfits (at least not yet), but @wild_die is currently working on children and taking requests. We won't need to see badly-dressed (neglected) children, and we won't need to spend time dressing them when our toddlers age-up unless we want to.?

Thank you so much!!

I wanted to pass along a warning from Deaderpool's Discord;

When we first encountered CN's "creations," we from the Support Team decided that to be fair, we would give @everyone caught with his non-consensual mods a "second chance" to redeem themselves by removing said mods. Since that time, we have added numerous warnings throughout the server, that we would in no way, shape, or form support any of his creations. This included numerous pings, warnings when you joined, explicit rules laid out in #server_info, and, unfortunately, near-daily reminders in the support channels in the form of bot posts. This changes now. After repeated warnings, we have decided as a Team, with the backing of our Admins, that our numerous warnings have been heretofore ineffective. Because of this, effective immediately, all of CN's content, including Community Library and any mods which may depend upon it, may lead to an immediate ban, no questions asked. We have tried to give people the benefit of the doubt, but honestly, how hard is it to know what's in your /Mods folder? You should always be cognizant of what you download and we've honestly grown exhausted of the mediocre excuses given to us for why they had banned mods we had very clearly given advanced warning about. Consider this your last warning. We the Support Team thank you for your consideration.

7 hours ago, II Sukhoi II said:

@2cool4u_1 I just came across this mod and just wanted to say you are a god among men I've been plagued for too long watching sims wear the most ridiculous outfits.  Thanks for this mood and keep the nice work.

LOL. You're welcome, but some of the credit goes to your fellow LL members.?

So I am just about to update my .cfg to the Dresser_CC_mrrakkon_2020-03-03. Yet, when I went in to delete the previous .cfg file, I noticed another .cfg file named mc_dresser_backup.cfg in the list as well. Should I delete this one as well?

Furthermore, should I add all three "CC_Pack"s in the same location?

I assume that after updating these I'll need to run the outfitfilter once again to remove the maxis packs I don't own?

8 hours ago, Turill said:

So I am just about to update my .cfg to the Dresser_CC_mrrakkon_2020-03-03. Yet, when I went in to delete the previous .cfg file, I noticed another .cfg file named mc_dresser_backup.cfg in the list as well. Should I delete this one as well?

The backup cfg file is something @erplederp added to the Outfit Filter. The Outfit Filter makes a copy of the cfg file BEFORE it removes anything. That way, if you need to go back for any reason, you can. It's up to you if you want to keep it. When you run the filter again, a new one will be created, and any backup cfg file will be replaced with a new one.

should I add all three "CC_Pack"s in the same location?

As long as they're in your mods folder so that the game loads the CC, it doesn't really matter. Organize it however you like.

I assume that after updating these I'll need to run the outfitfilter once again to remove the maxis packs I don't own?

Yes.

First of all: Thanks for this! I have two questions:

- will the CC still be applied by MCC outfitter even if it is marked as "disallow for random" in the CC via batch fix by S4S ?

- is there a way to randomly apply Kijiko's 3D eyelashes to random townies?

Thanks a lot!

MCCC ignores the "allow for random" flag. If it's part of the outfit, it gets used (even if it's not allowed for random). If it's not part of the outfit, it will not get used (even if it's allowed).

There's currently no way that I know of to randomly apply lashes. You could with Skin Details, but it's currently broken.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Random-generated-sims-not-using-skin-detail-category-items/m-p/8449135#M111231

You can click "Me too" to tell EA you want it fixed.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool mod. A couple questions on the CC dresser.

1) What's the difference between these two versions of Dresser CC?

Dresser_CC_2020-03-10.zip
Dresser_CC_mrrakkonn_2020-03-03.zip

2) Does Dresser CC only use CC? And does it remove the need to worry about EP, GP, SP and messing with the cfg file?

3) Since the CC packs have A LOT of outfits, there might be duplicates of stuff we already have installed. How does the game handle duplicates (both in cases where the filenames are different vs. the same)?

28 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

1) What's the difference between these two versions of Dresser CC?

Dresser_CC_2020-03-10.zip
Dresser_CC_mrrakkonn_2020-03-03.zip

The list with mrrakkonn's name contains some costumes (special outfits) by mrrakkonn. If you use his sims or want the costumes, I'd suggest using the regular version.

32 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

2) Does Dresser CC only use CC? And does it remove the need to worry about EP, GP, SP and messing with the cfg file?

AFAIK, no. Outfits in Dresser CC use both in-game items and custom content items so ideally you still want to filter the list for your expansion packs.

34 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

3) Since the CC packs have A LOT of outfits, there might be duplicates of stuff we already have installed. How does the game handle duplicates (both in cases where the filenames are different vs. the same)?

The game handles duplicated mod files really well in case of CC clothing. The first time an item is encountered it is loaded and then any item with the same ID is ignored (the game can tell it is the same item even if the mod's filename changes). It should be OK to place all the CC that comes with the dresser into a separate folder in your mod folder and ignore the duplication.

• 1 month later...

First of all, I LOVE THIS MOD SO MUCH and I can't fathom playing without it now, haha.

Second of all, is there a way to make MC Dresser not mess with your make-up and face accessories? I have custom CC eyelashes that come as glasses and I would love it if it didn't mess them up or take them off. I mean, I can just go and apply the eyelashes and make-up again and copy/paste it to all accessories once more, but I was wondering if there was an actual way to prevent said changes from the get-go.

Also, when I want to add a new outfit to a new category (let's say adding one more slot of active wear to my Sim), EVERY other outfit gets changed. What am I doing wrong?

Anyways, thank you very much for this mod! You rock. ❤️

46 minutes ago, DiscoSamurai said:

is there a way to make MC Dresser not mess with your make-up and face accessories? I have custom CC eyelashes that come as glasses and I would love it if it didn't mess them up or take them off.

Anyways, thank you very much for this mod! You rock. ❤️

I haven't updated MCCC since "Tiny Living" came out, so there could be a bug I don't know of. Unless you've blacklisted Hair or Make-up, MC Dresser should not be affecting either of those. I use 3D lashes all the time (Kijiko & MMSIMS). Unfortunately, accessories (including Face Accessories) are part of the outfits. There are a few ways to get around this.

1. Flag your sim against outfit changes. MC Dresser will not make any changes to that sim unless you manually tell it to.
  2. Clone the lashes and move them to Skin Details (or Tattoos). You'll only need to apply them once, but they'll be on every outfit, including nude.
  3. Clone the lashes and move them to Face Paint. This will work, assuming MC Dresser is not touching Make-up.

I use #1 and #2. If you need any more help, just ask, and thank you for the kind words!  :cool: