CTD on entering Valentine's Detective Agency

As the title says, any time I try to enter Valentine's agency to talk to Ellie and progress in the main quest (Jewel of the Commonwealth), the loading screen starts and then the game crashes. I tried dismissing/leaving outside companions, the coc console command, entering through the roof access, but to no avail. It's quite odd since I haven't installed any mods that touch Diamond City and its internal cells and in the previous playthrough I had no such an issue, and I haven't installed new mods between the current and the old playthrough.

I attach the load order (ran through LOOT and then put EFF lower in the load order because the mod detected a conflict otherwise) and the last papyrus log, the one from when I tried the coc command.

Any help would be appreciated

loadorder fo4.txt Papyrus.0.log

42 minutes ago, BufusTurbo said:

As the title says, any time I try to enter Valentine's agency to talk to Ellie and progress in the main quest (Jewel of the Commonwealth), the loading screen starts and then the game crashes. I tried dismissing/leaving outside companions, the coc console command, entering through the roof access, but to no avail. It's quite odd since I haven't installed any mods that touch Diamond City and its internal cells and in the previous playthrough I had no such an issue, and I haven't installed new mods between the current and the old playthrough.

I attach the load order (ran through LOOT and then put EFF lower in the load order because the mod detected a conflict otherwise) and the last papyrus log, the one from when I tried the coc command.

loadorder fo4.txt 7.09 kB · 2 downloads Papyrus.0.log 138.69 kB · 1 download

I'm not a pro at reading this stuff but I can tell you that there is a ton of errors in your papyrus log. I think you might have the wrong copy of F4SE. It says you have 0.6.11. If you have newest copy of Fallout you need 0.6.16

Also look at HudFramework- make sure you did that one correctly. And do you start the game with the F4SE launcher

Edit: Keep in mind you are dangerously close to the limit of mods the game engine can handle also.

I have refrained from updating fallout 4 in months because I'm sick of updating all the mods just because bethesda wants to keep that shitty creation club alive, f4se is the correct version for the game version I'm using.

i have no mods modifying Ellie, as far as I know

15 minutes ago, BufusTurbo said:

I have refrained from updating fallout 4 in months because I'm sick of updating all the mods just because bethesda wants to keep that shitty creation club alive, f4se is the correct version for the game version I'm using.

i have no mods modifying Ellie, as far as I know

Hear you there, I'm doing the same thing although not quite as far back as yours. If you haven't loaded any new mods in months then I don't know. I don't know a lot about the papyrus log. The only thing obvious it mentions to me is something about HudFramework. I don't use a lot of the mods you use so it makes it harder to even know what a lot of them are, especially when some are short form. Like that EFF one you said you moved, I don't even know what that is. If you moved that one recently maybe try it in a couple different spots. Just keep checking back, I'm sure 1 of the big dogs will see this post and garner more info out of your papyrus log then I can.

Its too bad the papyrus didn't come right out and say this is why it crashed retard in big red letters- like mocking us. LOL

6 minutes ago, BufusTurbo said:

EFF is Extended Follower Framework

There is other mods that if this was happening to me I would target and look into myself but that's pretty much a mute topic and waste of time for me to mention for the simple fact that you already said you haven't updated any or added any and never had a problem with last game so that's why I'm at a lost on where to go from here. Like I said I haven't updated since the last 2 either but like you I know it doesn't matter cause I haven't changed anything. I guess I'm just lucky it hasn't happened to me yet. Probably coming though now that were talking about it. Thnx a lot man. LOL

step 1 on degugging load door ctds.

test the npcs 

open console and type prid 222a4 (ellie perkins ref id) and then moveto.player

if you dont ctd on this step it is not related to the npc or the items they have

step 2

get fo4edit

load all plugins and look if any mod 

check fallout4.esm

cells\block 1\sub-block 5\Valentine Detective Agency

and see if any mod edits this cell.

there are quite a lot mods on nexus that are not clean and edit several unnessessary things in the game for example: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18672 which edits the mainquestline and several world and interior cells without any reason.

2 hours ago, BufusTurbo said:

Your script log shows a lot of errors related to UFO4P.  Did you uninstall it mid game?

Archived