​ ? FASHION POLICE ​ ? discussion thread : Updated 2020-07-19 Eco Lifestyle mini-update

On 4/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, wild_guy said:

To change the outfit while entering indoor (additional mod). There is no any reason, this is just the thing that EA had to make by default but didn't make.

I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly, Sims 3 had Outerwear that sims only wore outside; They changed when going indoors.

38 minutes ago, sstormyy said:

Hey this is great idea ??, i was just wondering whether you are planning to use maxis match clothing or alfa clothing? 

Thanks. I'm making one version that is only Maxis clothing (no CC). I'm doing this project for the LL community, so (going by results from the poll) if the community wants a CC version, I'll add a CC only version and a combined version too. As for the CC being Maxis match or alpha? I don't know yet. I'd like it to be alpha, but there's a lot of work to do, and if someone wanted to step in and make CC outfits, I'd leave that decision to them -- so far a few people expressed interest in doing so, but ended up backing out. If there is a reason why you think one is better than the other, please say so. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Incidentally, you and wild_guy are the only ones thus far to post an opinion. Everyone else seems to prefer to PM me.

31 minutes ago, 2cool4u_1 said:

Thanks. I'm making one version that is only Maxis clothing (no CC). I'm doing this project for the LL community, so (going by results from the poll) if the community wants a CC version, I'll add a CC only version and a combined version too. As for the CC being Maxis match or alpha? I don't know yet. I'd like it to be alpha, but there's a lot of work to do, and if someone wanted to step in and make CC outfits, I'd leave that decision to them -- so far a few people expressed interest in doing so, but ended up backing out. If there is a reason why you think one is better than the other, please say so. I'll definitely take that into consideration.

Incidentally, you and wild_guy are the only ones thus far to post an opinion. Everyone else seems to prefer to PM me.

i personally enjoy alfa look, whether it's clothing, hair styles or skins...regarding the cc outfits, i don't think that there would be any sorts of problem to combine in blender specific separate items, as let not forget that even if creators claim that the cc belong to them, in reality they are EA and everyone can use them ;)

6 hours ago, sstormyy said:

i personally enjoy alfa look, whether it's clothing, hair styles or skins...regarding the cc outfits, i don't think that there would be any sorts of problem to combine in blender specific separate items, as let not forget that even if creators claim that the cc belong to them, in reality they are EA and everyone can use them ;)

I REALLY appreciate your enthusiasm, but I think you're mistaken. Firstly, it is impossible (legally and logically) for EA to own anything CC creators make, unless they are giving something in return. Secondly, I apologize if I wasn't clear; when I say I need people to make CC outfits, I meant I need people to dress sims in CAS and send me those sims (with the CC) to add those outfits. That's all it takes. We do not need to do anything in Blender.?

STATUS UPDATE: It's been a weekend of setbacks;

1] After having a total of 5 hrs of free time the past 2 weeks, I had 8 this weekend. I bought "Strangerville", installed it, Origin broke. It took almost 6 hrs to get it back up and running. I made up for lost time (and got some serious carpal tunnel). CC-free version is still on track for a May 1st release.

2] I initially said I wouldn't give credit for outfit submissions --This did not sit well with me, and is no longer the case. The reason was I had 5 submitters who refused to take credit. I tried to contact them; 1 reluctantly agreed to take credit, 2 have withdrawn their submissions (because they won't take credit), and 2 have not replied. Why don't I just not give those credit, and credit others? Credit has to be given on an all-or-nothing basis. It parallels copyrights, and it's a bit of a long story that I won't get into, but it basically ends with all work being unusable by anybody.

Now the setback; This resulted in almost 200 CC-inclusive outfits being withdrawn. It was a hard choice but I think it was the right one, as I don't feel right without giving people credit where it's due. However, this means the CC-inclusive version is at a virtual standstill.

Now accepting submissions for a CC-version;

A CC-version has been started, but without your help it won't come to be. What do I need you to do? Dress sims in CAS and send them to me along with the CC you used (you can post it or PM me). You don't need to worry about hair, makeup, tattoos, or anything else, just the clothing and accessories. Standalone recolors are great, but avoid recolors that override the original items if possible. You MUST accept credit for any submissions you make.

• 2 weeks later...

I ran a quick test. These are completely randomly picked female NPCs. Results may vary for better or worse (depending on your taste). PLEASE NOTE: I ACCIDENTALLY COPIED SOME ACCESSORIES (FROM THE 'BEFORE' OUTFIT TO THE 'AFTER' ONE) WHILE RUNNING A SEPARATE TEST!!! Here are the Previews;

Spoiler

Everyday1.png.124bedbb2f23fd02c711d7677f0ade72.png

Everyday2.png.69cf05d649c317287f28779ecd84772a.png

Formal1.png.a9f9fc557823031d56c1b2e561aba98e.png

Formal2.png.04f1092df6d3bdd24c9efd5063f2313c.png

Athletic1.png.a5ce67982efda32a4b3a7055172ce4f7.png

Athletic2.png.81a666a1a4a911d3c483e85f6ecac00a.png

Sleep1.png.d03d805c400c47d08e1d1081cde880de.pngSleep2.png.019945154698c6601738bfcb5d883ba2.png

Party1.png.4d4d5baadc3f47b540195e65ee88e38f.png

Party2.png.9da71775519c49ac1037c6e71ea34b23.png

Swim1.png.a58eeffd7f1ee9aa75becc1576628ee0.png

Swim2.png.a1cd246a5fa605d807db35a4803ec91d.png

HotWeather1.png.c5e07cd9d855a1c3fedd40b10ce39518.png

HotWeather2.png.335db009dd618d0485f4cf3e68f61a2c.png

ColdWeather1.png.64c7877b702fe02cefa3d0a3878c4416.png

ColdWeather2.png.8553f83a193a0a6704b080ad00080a0a.png

@2cool4fool

So basically you are making a MCCC setting for clothing rules?

And I just need to download it or import it to the game, and all new sims generated by the game will be better clothed?

I wonder if we can do the same with the bodyshape?

Creating a body shape that will be used by all sims... The default bodyshape in the pool are very cartoonic.

9 hours ago, GECK.O said:

@2cool4fool

So basically you are making a MCCC setting for clothing rules?

And I just need to download it or import it to the game, and all new sims generated by the game will be better clothed?

I wonder if we can do the same with the bodyshape?

Creating a body shape that will be used by all sims... The default bodyshape in the pool are very cartoonic.

Kind of. It's not so much a setting, as much as a list; A list of what tops are allowed to be used with what bottoms, and what shoes, etc. It specifies which swatches. Each combination has to manually inputted (which is easy but very time consuming).

Yes, just download it and put it in your MCCC folder. Currently the file is only 291kb. It doesn't just affect new sims. It can affect existing sims, and family members that you don't want to bother to clothe yourself. You can even use it for your active sim, to add outfits (which you can modify after if you wish).

For bodyshapes, MCCC has a template you can create, but it doesn't work as well as I'd like, and as soon as sims age up, they go back to the preset shape (unless you want 1 bodyshape for ALL sims of that gender). If you want more variety in bodyshapes, I use 'Zerbu's CAS presets';

https://zerbu.tumblr.com/post/175487446125/what-happened-to-the-cas-presets-mod

I recommend it at least for the facial presets --makes random sims look amazinly better!

On 4/27/2019 at 1:00 AM, porkybork said:

@2cool4u_1 Eyy they actually look kinda nice! Nice to see that you're making progress here. 

Thanks. It's a lot of tedious work (which is why I never did it years ago), but it's starting to feel like it's worth it. I also got a lot more of a positive reaction from people than I was expecting. Hopefully a CC version will come too. It has potential to be even better (just as CC-dressed sims have potential to look worse).

Nice project ?, @2cool4u_1 ! It is true that the random generator often gives sims clothing or color combinations ranging from bad to horrendous (especially if you have all kinds of unusual CC with the "Allow for Random" flag set). The before and after images really highlight the difference made by a sensible color/style matching. If it would be any help, feel free to use any outfit of my sims you deem fit. Do note though that some of the outfits contain (usually a small-ish) amount of CC.

Thanks @erplederp, I appreciate that a lot. I'm going to try dividing CC into 'Alpha' & 'MAXIS Match' outfits, but honestly, I'm just going by the seat of my pants. I'll probably make mistakes and have to go back and fix things here and there. For CC submissions I have; @porkybork who allowed me to use outfits from "Porkybork's World"; My own submissions; A handful from my friend 'DestinyStars' (who doesn't use LL); and now yourself.

I still need to add more Male outfits, and Hot / Cold Weather for both. Since it's random, I figure 500+ outfits for each category will work well, but 100 female sims x5 outfits = 500. That assumes each outfit is only picked once, and preferably, we don't want the same selection in each game. There's also the fact that for longer games, we don't want the same outfits repeated generation after generation. So ideally, it would be a couple thousand, but there's not enough pieces to make that many combinations (that look decent), especially for adult males, children and toddlers.

Here's the current count;

zDresser03.jpg.cd44cd2215bd9ba1d0ac837def683e14.jpg

can see this being one of the more must have "mods" (its a fcg, so do we still call it a mod? xD )

imagine all the time saved every time you see a random townie and feel the urge to fix their outfit

i havent even downloaded it yet and im already goona thank you :D

22 minutes ago, swizzleigh said:

can see this being one of the more must have "mods" (its a fcg, so do we still call it a mod? xD )

imagine all the time saved every time you see a random townie and feel the urge to fix their outfit

i havent even downloaded it yet and im already goona thank you :D

Thanks, and your welcome, I guess. I don't think it qualifies as a mod, that's why I call it a project. It's still a Work In Progress, but it is usable, and I could use feedback as I continue on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2019 at 1:07 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

Thanks @erplederp, I appreciate that a lot. I'm going to try dividing CC into 'Alpha' & 'MAXIS Match' outfits, but honestly, I'm just going by the seat of my pants. I'll probably make mistakes and have to go back and fix things here and there. For CC submissions I have; @porkybork who allowed me to use outfits from "Porkybork's World"; My own submissions; A handful from my friend 'DestinyStars' (who doesn't use LL); and now yourself.

I still need to add more Male outfits, and Hot / Cold Weather for both. Since it's random, I figure 500+ outfits for each category will work well, but 100 female sims x5 outfits = 500. That assumes each outfit is only picked once, and preferably, we don't want the same selection in each game. There's also the fact that for longer games, we don't want the same outfits repeated generation after generation. So ideally, it would be a couple thousand, but there's not enough pieces to make that many combinations (that look decent), especially for adult males, children and toddlers.

Here's the current count;

zDresser03.jpg.cd44cd2215bd9ba1d0ac837def683e14.jpg

I think this is a frickin fantastic idea.  Your EA/Maxi version is certainly a vast improvement over usual game generated outfits!  Do you still want to try to do a CC version?  I'd be willing to help out.  Just let me know what's needed at this point.

7 hours ago, angiebaby23 said:

Do you still want to try to do a CC version?  I'd be willing to help out.  Just let me know what's needed at this point.

This project is 0% for me, though I am enjoying using it. If anyone wants a CC version I'll work on it. Maxis-match CC outfits can be used as an add-on to official Maxis clothing. Alpha CC outfits could if you wanted to; otherwise there'd have to be a significant number of outfits for a purely alpha CC world.

If you want to submit outfits;

Dress sims in CAS and send them to me along with the CC you used (you can post it or PM me). You don't need to worry about hair, makeup, tattoos, or anything else, just the clothing and accessories. Standalone recolors are great, but avoid recolors that override the original items if possible. You MUST accept credit for any submissions you make

I suggest using "Tray Importer" to "Export with CC".

Once you send them, I'll do all the work of filtering out just the outfit CC, and adding it to the list (currently non-existent).

On 6/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

This project is 0% for me, though I am enjoying using it. If anyone wants a CC version I'll work on it. Maxis-match CC outfits can be used as an add-on to official Maxis clothing. Alpha CC outfits could if you wanted to; otherwise there'd have to be a significant number of outfits for a purely alpha CC world.

If you want to submit outfits;

Dress sims in CAS and send them to me along with the CC you used (you can post it or PM me). You don't need to worry about hair, makeup, tattoos, or anything else, just the clothing and accessories. Standalone recolors are great, but avoid recolors that override the original items if possible. You MUST accept credit for any submissions you make

I suggest using "Tray Importer" to "Export with CC".

Once you send them, I'll do all the work of filtering out just the outfit CC, and adding it to the list (currently non-existent).

I'm very interested in a CC version, believe me!

Okay, I'm working on it.  I have lots of clothing CC but since I'm bad at figuring out what's alpha and what's MM by looking, I'm just downloading a whole big boodle of stuff from Ridgeport, who is a MM creator I like.  Then I'll have to track down shoes and accessories.  Should take me another day or so to get enough stuff to create plenty of varying outfits and organize it all.  I should be able to send you the first Sim later on in the week.

8 hours ago, angiebaby23 said:

I'm very interested in a CC version, believe me!

Okay, I'm working on it.  I have lots of clothing CC but since I'm bad at figuring out what's alpha and what's MM by looking, I'm just downloading a whole big boodle of stuff from Ridgeport, who is a MM creator I like.  Then I'll have to track down shoes and accessories.  Should take me another day or so to get enough stuff to create plenty of varying outfits and organize it all.  I should be able to send you the first Sim later on in the week.

Some CC is more alpha, others MM, and a lot are somewhere in the middle. A lot of people are interested in a CC version (I got a bunch of PMs, but you're the only one who is actually putting some work in. Whenever you're ready I'll start adding it (along with @porkybork's and @erplederp's submissions).

On 6/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, 2cool4u_1 said:

Maxis-match CC outfits can be used as an add-on to official Maxis clothing.

I finished my first sim.  I'll send her to you via PM.  She's a bit of a "trial run" so to speak. 

Since I'm using all Maxis Match CC, does the above mean that I can also mix the CC outfits with maxis clothing?  For example, an all CC outfit with maxis socks or stockings or hats and gloves and the like.  It seems a bit silly to download socks, and there are some (very few) Maxis pieces that I actually like.