CTD after Intro Cinematic

So I gave up on Fallout 3 cause I kept getting BSODs. Finally just said forget it, and moved on to Fallout: New Vegas. But now I'm having CTD issue... so here we go again.

I just installed it, got it in it's own directory outside of Program Files, and have modded it up with all kinds of goodies. Here is my load order (there is a lot of requirements for Sexout. More than I thought there would be):

FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

CompanionCore.esm

RoboCo Certified.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

SexoutPregnancyV3.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

SexoutStore.esm

MikotoBeauty.esm

Readius_NV.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

MikotoBPWastersOverhaul.esp

epock.esp

Free Tribal Outfits.esp

Ghost Variants.esp

JillBSAA.esp

Mantis07Reflex-Realism.esp

merccustom.esp

Nidaoutfitv1.esp

NV_AsharasFormalClothing.esp

NVLadyoutfit1.esp

NVRefugeeOutfits.esp

NWIxiaarmor1.esp

sexysleepwear.esp

Type3 Leather Armors.esp

VegasChoker.esp

WastelandCourier.esp

RobCo Certified Friendly Hit Fixer.esp

SunnyCompanion.esp

101Billboards.esp

101Posters.esp

Fellout.esp

Fellout-OWB.esp

MikotoBeauty.esp

BBTombRaider.esp

BBAliceMurray.esp

BB_Persona_and_Secret.esp

VelvetRose.esp

SexoutStraponSex.esp

SexoutNCR.esp

SexoutKhans.esp

SexoutKings.esp

SexoutFiends.esp

SexoutBrutalRapers.esp

SexoutSex.esp

KDC_Companions_Removable_Armors.esp

MantisZeroSuit_ForNV.esp

GhostConversionsNVRevamp.esp

jailhouserockette.esp

dragongirl.esp

jodragongirl.esp

SexyCorsets.esp

JuliaChangeset.esp

SexoutPowderGangers.esp

Tryout - Hard Prison Time.esp

st.esp

SexoutWorkingGirl.esp

SexoutBreeder.esp

SexoutSS_C.esp

Smaller Talk.esp

SexoutZAZ.esp

SexoutConsequences.esp

SexoutFadToBlack.esp

SexoutDiscount.esp

SexoutCompanions.esp

SexoutRex.esp

Sexout Certified.esp

RSCRv2-3-Standard.esp

SexoutHookupsAlt.esp

bzArmour.esp

I already ran FNVEdit to check for errors, and it came up clean. Not a single error. Sorted it with BOSS as well cause I kind of suck when it comes to load order.

Other mods I'm using that are not in that list, are:

Bunny Suit (without the esp cause I was told to delete it. Plus it was causing a CTD on start up since it was made for Fallout 3)

Tryout Type3M Clothes

Maternity Clothes

BNB Type3 Armor Replacers

NMC's Texture Pack SMALL

ArchiveInvalidation Invalidated

MTUI

BNB Body Meshes

Body By Race Optional Player Bodies

Breeze's Males (with armor fixes)

BNB Skeleton (the one from the Sexout list that I was told to use)

Type3 HiRez HiDetailed Cali Pack (the body recommended from the Sexout list as well)

So those are all the stuff I am using and what I have done so far. It's not a graphics issue and I'm not having BSODs or anything. Just keeps crashing after the intro video and the load screen right after it. The part where it starts the actual game is where it crashes every time.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

RoboCo Certified.esm seems misspelled, unless it's just a typo in your post. Could be that, seeing as Sexout Certified will need it as a master & if it can't find it: ctd.

Also, quite a few of those armor mods don't need to have their esp's, because they're in SCR. At least one of them is buggy too, can't remember which, maybe ghost variants.

Yeah just a typo on my part. I don't know how to find my load order so I can just copy paste it, so I typed it all out.

And I went through and deleted the esp's that I didn't need (the ones I was supposed to delete, but forget to).

Still getting the same crash at the same place. Once the game tries to start up after the intro, it crashes instantly. Unsure what else to do. I made sure to check that I meet all the requirements for everything, and I didn't miss anything as far as I know.

Step 1: Obtain and use FOMM for mod management. Makes install and removal of mods WAY easier. It also has a function for exporting load orders so you don't have to type them out.

Step 2: Obtain and run BOSS. Its not perfect, many mods aren't in the list. But what it does know it will organize, making the hand-sorting of mods much easier.

Step 3: Obtain and run FNVEdit. Also get its Training manual (separate download on Nexus). This one program will help SO much. After running BOSS, FNVEdit will help you move any remaining mods that are in the wrong place by telling you where they need to be. It will also make merged patches that will make mods run better together. Be sure to get and read the training manual, it will tell you everything the program is capable of.

Last step: Make sure you are using at least NVSE 3b2 and NVSE Extender 11. Be sure to follow the instructions in the download locations to be sure you installed them correctly.

If after all these steps are complete you're still having crash issues, come back and we'll see if we can find the culprit.

Thanks Kain, but as I already said in my post, I have those already. I used BOSS to sort my load order, I already used FNVEdit and it came up clean with no errors, and I have FOMM as well (not a fan of NMM when it comes to Fallout).

Though I am using NVSE 2b12 and not 3b2. The 3b2 one said beta, while the 2b12 said latest. So I thought that was the one I was supposed to use. I'll try to 3b2 one and see if that fixes it.

And Deathparade, it crashes after the loadscreen that is after the cinematic. I skip the cinematic (the intro video) and it goes to a loadscreen. The once it tries to start up the game, it crashes instantly. Been awhile since I played, but I believe it is the part where you are sitting up from the Doc's bed. But since it crashes instantly, I am unsure what exactly is going on there.

EDIT:............. So ummm yeah. That was all it took. Changing my NVSE to the 3b2 one. I feel so stupid lol.

Well now everything is working and I can stop freaking out now. Thank you all again for your help! Appreciate it so much :)

I had the same problem as you Spyder. I don't know for sure but its mostly a dual core problem with Fallout 3/NV. Go into your 'My Documents' / 'My Games' / 'Fallout3' directory and find your Fallout.ini file.

You will need to open that up with Notepad+ and put find these lines (Usualy under the General part of Fallout.ini) bUseThreadedAI=1 iNumHWThreads=2. if you don't have them add it then save the file over the Fallout.ini file. Then launch the game your having problems with

Archived