Ball-Jointed Doll Race [BETA]

View File
I once had these up as PSD downloads to apply to people's desired textures but I figured the most accessible way would be to make a custom race. I've only had two people test this so far and they gave me mixed reviews so that's why this mod is still in beta! (No one else has wanted to test it ;;) Screenshots and stuff are most welcome!

Known Problems:

• Normal maps need to be cleaned up to remove artifacts.
  • Glaring neck seam, for some reason.
  • The “joints” on the feet are spiky for whatever reason.
  • The connections between the “joints” on the arms are crooked.

Requirements:

*Not a hard requirement, but this mod uses UUNP meshes set at Zeroed Sliders, for use with the RaceMenu body sliders.

Credits:

This is my first time making a custom race but report any problems to me and I will try my best to fix them!

The PSDs will be included for people who want to apply the textures to a different skin, or anything like that ?

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/24/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    RaceCompatability.esm
  • Special Edition Compatible

View File

2 hours ago, ZephyrusVenti said:

Dumb question, but about those PSDs...how do you use them, haha? 

You have to open them in Photoshop (or potentially GIMP? I've never used it but it's considered the free alternative to Photoshop, so it might be able to open PSDs) as well as your desired skin texture, then duplicate my layer over your skin texture layer for both the diffuse and normal map. My layer needs to be set to Overlay though for the normal map. You want to save the diffuse as a DXT5 ARGB 8bpp Interpolated Alpha and the normal as a 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp unsigned. Weird to explain through text so I might make a video about it eventually. You need the .dds plugins for both GIMP and Photoshop.

1 hour ago, TheDaedricDoll said:

You have to open them in Photoshop (or potentially GIMP? I've never used it but it's considered the free alternative to Photoshop, so it might be able to open PSDs) as well as your desired skin texture, then duplicate my layer over your skin texture layer for both the diffuse and normal map. My layer needs to be set to Overlay though for the normal map. You want to save the diffuse as a DXT5 ARGB 8bpp Interpolated Alpha and the normal as a 8.8.8.8 ARGB 32 bpp unsigned. Weird to explain through text so I might make a video about it eventually. You need the .dds plugins for both GIMP and Photoshop.

Sorry, you completely lost me, haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Found this incredible race mod in 2021 but today it is deleted from the nexus. Glad i found it here again, to wrap a story around it for a mini YT series.

With BHUNP and Cazy hairs the BJD look awesome, i have combined it with the agility mod and skimpy armors for the UNP body. Would like to place daedric horns on her head like seen in your pictures and maybe more spooky eyes. A full immunity against disease would be nice, if some day things get updates.
P.S. Using the Skyrim-LE port here, because AE is propped up with other race mods that conflict themselves.

Thanks for such pretty mod

Tinkering Solderbro

Edited by Tinkering Solderbro
Video update