WickedWhims Tech help

has anyone else downloaded the wickedwhims and basemental drugs and noticed that it lags the game? sims don't follow commands they take forever to do one command, also I have the mod conflict detector and it's saying that the mods are a conflict for my game when they are up to date I make sure of that. I just want to enjoy these mods without the lag or having to remove them.  i need some help 

My sim takes quite some time before he moves to follow commands.

Guess I never noticed the difference after installing WW & BD.

But he did have a slight delay at least, never had an instant reaction tho.

I also have MCCC, and 83 high poly hairs, + makeup, clothing, SCAM, and other misc. mods.

Do you have a decent PC or a laptop?  

Also, if the lag started just recently, it might not be your PC. Your Basemental mod is outside, right? Like this

image.png.d8e0957b95960f168cdbdb25f7905fc4.png

Could you paste what's the conflict showing? And maybe your Mods folder, just print screen key on your keyboard, then ctrl + V here.

Just curious...

Is Basemental Drugs not supposed to be in a folder?

(BTW I've got MCCC installed in the Mods folder without its own folder)

Didn't think load order was all that important on a PC.

My sims are a bit slow to move after a command also, about a 3-7 second delay.

Yea, see the instructions https://basementalcc.com/download/ I remember my sims were too slow to react, some time ago. It's usually a conflict, given how optimized TS4 is, compared to TS3. Otherwise, for example a lot of unmerged CC or faulty CC, or Reshade using a large amount of GPU could slow stuff down. You can test at Low sims settings if it's still slow / or a new save.

TS4script mods are more likely to cause that, because they mess with actual interactions. You can try without MCCC, but it might be Nisa (maybe broken atm).

3 hours ago, Cul said:

TS4script mods are more likely to cause that, because they mess with actual interactions. You can try without MCCC, but it might be Nisa (maybe broken atm).

Removed Nisa's a few days ago because I was either getting calls every 10 sim minutes or no calls at all.

Need a way to regulate the caller frequency like Low, Med, & High.

But I ended up with a game freeze today and 'Sims 4 not responding' in Win7 Task Manager.

Then I couldn't load my household, and got the same thing... but I could load other households.

Couldn't transfer all my household of 6 to an empty lot and get it to load either so I figured it wasn't my home lot that was bugged.

Ended up being my main sim being corrupted somehow, so I loaded a recent save where he lived alone and saved him to My Library.

Loaded my newer save with the other 5 females alone and saw my corrupted male run out of the house and vanish much like a ghost.

Then I merged my main sim back into the household and it seems to be running better now.

Bummed he lost all his previous relationships tho.

3 hours ago, Cul said:

or Reshade using a large amount of GPU could slow stuff down.

Got a way better graphics card for Xmas with 4GB as I had issues with hair colors morphing when zooming out just a little and stuttering when zoomed far.

Probably has more to do with so many mods loading, just checked and I've got 100 high poly female hairstyles alone, lol.

My only Script mods are WW, Basemental, MCCC, and SCAM I think, got a few small XML tuning mods also.

Yea I got all my hairs merged into 500 mb packages, seems to help hah. I also removed Nisa a few days ago. MCCC, well, I already memorized the cheats hah...

Scams author is great. He also made an XML injector recently, which could technically load a hundred scripts hah... Hm Scum mentions it is fully compatible with WW here, but not with MCCC, here at the end. So maybe that crashed you. Also, try right click on Sims 4 exe, then compatibility tab, then tick run as administrator. Sometimes Windows is dumb and closes non-admin programs when they require too much RAM/cpu.

10 hours ago, Cul said:

Yea I got all my hairs merged into 500 mb packages, seems to help hah.

I had done this with some TS3 mods a long time ago, need to do a refresher course on how it's done again, lol.

10 hours ago, Cul said:

MCCC, well, I already memorized the cheats hah...

I'm just to damn lazy to type in all that shit, MCCC is easier.

10 hours ago, Cul said:

Hm Scum mentions it is fully compatible with WW here, but not with MCCC, here at the end.

I've never had any problems using those 2 mods together before, and I don't use MCCC at all for disabling the annoying sim autonomy stuff, just using SCAM for that only.

10 hours ago, Cul said:

Sometimes Windows is dumb and closes non-admin programs when they require too much RAM/cpu.

Na, I had to shut it down myself due to 'not responding'.

In the end my issue was a corrupted sim which happened when I was in the 'household management' panel.

I was trying to transfer another sim into my household when it froze up.

Must have bugged my sim cause I couldn't load my household anymore.

But the lag issue seems to be mostly gone anyway.

Still have occasional random LE's but it's usually like when sims try to have sex on a rug under a dining table, or other routing/collision issues.

Hah nice. Yea I think a fast travel once corrupted an entire save. Then after I tested +1 GB of overlays, there were 30 sims left without CC needed hah.

Oh to merge I use s4pe. I heard 500 mb is a good size. Yea even with all my CC and my reshade, almost no lag. Tho if I open TS3 the fan starts going hard hah.

Basemental is supposed to go directly into Mods, by the installation instructions. So not inside another folder. If you have all your objects in folders, Basemental would load after everything else, and avoid some conflicts in load order. And placing it too deep (folder within folder) can also cause issues. Though I also saw someone with 1000 packages directly into Mods hah. Unorganized stuff would crash Skyrim, but not TS4, so it matters less, but yea, some conflicting script mods can make interactions slow. For example Nisa, I think it is broken atm.

And to merge cc, Sims 4 Studio is better, since you can also clean your CC with the fast patches.

Oh your specs are a bit low yea. Though you can test a clean save without mods, and see if ya lag there too, to check if it's the mods. TS4 is better optimized than TS3.

If it fixes it, can try deleting other script mods or packages that replace stuff in-game, then deleting thumbnailcache. And maybe a USB for ReadyBoost for a li'l push.

Then adding them back, one by one. Or google the names and see if the comments mention it is broken hah...

4 hours ago, kinkindoll23 said:

i have done test clean without mods it runs perfect, so maybe i just need to get another computer sadly 

Oh you can also run the fast patches on your CC, like they show in here https://simscommunity.info/2018/09/03/the-sims-4-how-to-run-a-batch-fix-with-sims-4-studio/

You can also merge your items with that, though can check for conflicts before that http://modthesims.info/d/572482/ts4-package-conflict-detector-windows-only.html

If you see any mods that replace things in-game or that add traits etc, can get rid of those, and see if it improves performance.

8 hours ago, kinkindoll23 said:

i have done test clean without mods it runs perfect, so maybe i just need to get another computer sadly 

Yes it's probably fine without any mods or too many EP's.

Your bottlenecks are low Memory and a Integrated GPU, (graphics).

Upgrades are way cheaper than buying a new PC.

But since your CPU is a quad core it's not likely the main problem.

4GB of memory isn't really enough when you have to share it with the integrated graphics built into the MB.

1. Need to add a stand alone graphics card with 2-4GB memory to fix that part.

(If you have an open PCI-E slot that is)

1a. Decent Graphics Cards also need at least a 650W Power Supply with 4pin/6pin power plugs for them to work.

2. Main memory upgrade to 8 GB would also help, but #1 is a must.

Best to take it in to a shop for this unless you know your way around the internals of PC's.

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Currently having trouble with wicked whims and basemental drugs combined. i understand they are mutually supported but not sure from which side, currently whenever i try to open a household nothing happens. i have no animations or other mods instaled, or even any if the optional basemental drugs mods. the household image gives a little blue box then makes a loading symbol but nothing happens. 

1 hour ago, greenmage said:

Currently having trouble with wicked whims and basemental drugs combined. i understand they are mutually supported but not sure from which side, currently whenever i try to open a household nothing happens. i have no animations or other mods instaled, or even any if the optional basemental drugs mods. the household image gives a little blue box then makes a loading symbol but nothing happens. 

Is your game up to date and not the legacy version?

BMD doesn't work with Legacy S4.

Are both WW and BMD are latest versions?

What are the 'optional' BMD mods you mentioned?

Archived