Devious devices, bodyslide not correctly creating meshes

So most or some devious devices are invisible or have no textures, I build them in bodyslide a million times but I think it isn't going to the right directory. Now when I try to check this out, file explorer isn't showing most of the folders but I can see the folders through mod organizer data. I've scoured the internet but I just can't find a fix. I also try to create an output directory by holding ctrl and batch building but creating a folder with it freezes bodyslide

9 hours ago, WolfieMate said:

but I think it isn't going to the right directory..

This is why MO2 is good, i can choose where it outputs. I don't have any issues with it, even if some people still play with the old MO1. I have 64-bit Win10 so MO2 was almost mandatory update. And still likely better than Vortex still is (subject to debate...):

bodyslide_config.jpg.383948f97bd0284706ee800b3926c695.jpg

That said i didn't have issues with any of LL mods when i was still using MO1. I didn't use ctrl-click for batch build. We might need to know in more detail what steps are you doing in bodyslide to know where it goes wrong.

Spoiler
10 hours ago, WolfieMate said:

So most or some devious devices are invisible or have no textures, I build them in bodyslide a million times but I think it isn't going to the right directory. Now when I try to check this out, file explorer isn't showing most of the folders but I can see the folders through mod organizer data. I've scoured the internet but I just can't find a fix. I also try to create an output directory by holding ctrl and batch building but creating a folder with it freezes bodyslide

Not all of the DD items are in the DD directory when you build them in Bodyslide. Some are in the Miscellaneous section. You need to watch for that when you batch build or the ones in miscellaneous will give you an invisible body.

5 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not all of the DD items are in the DD directory when you build them in Bodyslide. Some are in the Miscellaneous section. You need to watch for that when you batch build or the ones in miscellaneous will give you an invisible body.

I think this is the problem, how do I build the miscellaneous items?

7 hours ago, Zaflis said:

This is why MO2 is good, i can choose where it outputs. I don't have any issues with it, even if some people still play with the old MO1. I have 64-bit Win10 so MO2 was almost mandatory update. And still likely better than Vortex still is (subject to debate...):

bodyslide_config.jpg.383948f97bd0284706ee800b3926c695.jpg

That said i didn't have issues with any of LL mods when i was still using MO1. I didn't use ctrl-click for batch build. We might need to know in more detail what steps are you doing in bodyslide to know where it goes wrong.

Should "Create Files in Mod instead of Overwrite" be ticked? What difference does it make?

39 minutes ago, WolfieMate said:

Should "Create Files in Mod instead of Overwrite" be ticked? What difference does it make?

Because primarily you don't want to have any files in Overwrite folder (MO will even warn you about it), and so that i can use several mod profiles. Even if i change a profile, for example switch to some lighter mod setup i don't need to run FNIS and bodyslide over and over again. It should work ingame even if you don't tick it, but i don't have to manually move Overwrite contents to the Overwrite_mod that often.

One mistake one might do is move files from Overwrite into the specific folder such as into bodyslide itself. If you do that, profile swapping is no longer possible and you would have mod configs that are shared between all profiles.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Because primarily you don't want to have any files in Overwrite folder (MO will even warn you about it), and so that i can use several mod profiles. Even if i change a profile, for example switch to some lighter mod setup i don't need to run FNIS and bodyslide over and over again. It should work ingame even if you don't tick it, but i don't have to manually move Overwrite contents to the Overwrite_mod that often.

One mistake one might do is move files from Overwrite into the specific folder such as into bodyslide itself. If you do that, profile swapping is no longer possible and you would have mod configs that are shared between all profiles.

I move my overwrites into a seperate folder, should overwrites always be in different folderss?

20 minutes ago, WolfieMate said:

I move my overwrites into a seperate folder, should overwrites always be in different folderss?

If many folders is better organized then sure, but for me 1 separate folder is enough. Solved the original issue yet though? You didn't answer to Lyreal. And you didn't give any details of your setup, like what HDT mods you have installed or which body it is, CBBE, UNP or some more exotic one? Skeleton version etc, as detailed infos as you can.

Spoiler
7 hours ago, WolfieMate said:

I think this is the problem, how do I build the miscellaneous items?

For what it is worth, and if you still need it, here are where you find the groups for building in Bodyslide and the group to which I referred is "unassigned." Although you can do all groups at once (which is how I handle it).

Spoiler

1922498955_Screenshot(35)j.jpg.1b9d0d33fd4dc0daf786f07969e746b8.jpg357159839_Screenshot(36)j.jpg.6e717d70344d5bfa2fb5a4b9bb91fd75.jpg

22 hours ago, Zaflis said:

If many folders is better organized then sure, but for me 1 separate folder is enough. Solved the original issue yet though? You didn't answer to Lyreal. And you didn't give any details of your setup, like what HDT mods you have installed or which body it is, CBBE, UNP or some more exotic one? Skeleton version etc, as detailed infos as you can.

I use CBBE, XPSME. Im using HDT bounce and jiggles CBBE. I also do have all the required mods.

21 hours ago, Psalam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

For what it is worth, and if you still need it, here are where you find the groups for building in Bodyslide and the group to which I referred is "unassigned." Although you can do all groups at once (which is how I handle it).

Hide contents

1922498955_Screenshot(35)j.jpg.1b9d0d33fd4dc0daf786f07969e746b8.jpg357159839_Screenshot(36)j.jpg.6e717d70344d5bfa2fb5a4b9bb91fd75.jpg

It looks like I don't have those DDX groups. was there something wrong with my install?

Spoiler
2 hours ago, WolfieMate said:

It looks like I don't have those DDX groups. was there something wrong with my install?

Zaflis is correct. You need DDa (assets) and DDx (expansion) in order to get all the items. If you do not have the DD groups I show and you have both mods I would encourage you to reload them.

I did, I will try reinstalling it.

Ok so I reinstalled ddx and now there are two bodyslide folders... One outside of caliente tools in data that has all the missing files and groups that I saw in Psalam's screenshot and there's a bodyslide inside of caliente tools that has all of the other groups and files. What do I do?

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, WolfieMate said:

Ok so I reinstalled ddx and now there are two bodyslide folders... One outside of caliente tools in data that has all the missing files and groups that I saw in Psalam's screenshot and there's a bodyslide inside of caliente tools that has all of the other groups and files. What do I do?

Try building in Bodyslide and see if you have everything I had before you panic.

14 hours ago, Psalam said:

How do you have Bodyslide configured? That is, is it a tool within your mod manager? I can only speak from first hand experience with NMM but I know Bodyslide can (and should) be loaded and launched through your mod manager (whichever one it is).

Yes it is, now I have been having a go at the problem by manually copy pasting the the seperate files into the proper bodyslide. Now I can paste the sets and groups but not shape data. My bodyslide freeze when I try putting the shapedata into the normal bodyslide shapedata.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:59 AM, WolfieMate said:

Yes it is, now I have been having a go at the problem by manually copy pasting the the seperate files into the proper bodyslide. Now I can paste the sets and groups but not shape data. My bodyslide freeze when I try putting the shapedata into the normal bodyslide shapedata.

Sounds to me you have completely broken your Skyrim install. I would clean everything and start over. You will never ever need to manually move or copy any bodyslide files or mod folders, you will never even need to manually extract a ZIP file, it's all automatic installers. Let modders decide which file belongs where. Install mods in your Mod Organizer only, if that is still the one you use to launch Skyrim?

First of all make sure that in your \Skyrim\data\ there cannot be folders such as Bodyslide/any caliente*, meshes or textures. If you used NMM there would be, but that works very differently and you must only follow guide for launcher you are using.

57 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Sounds to me you have completely broken your Skyrim install. I would clean everything and start over. You will never ever need to manually move or copy any bodyslide files or mod folders, you will never even need to manually extract a ZIP file, it's all automatic installers. Let modders decide which file belongs where. Install mods in your Mod Organizer only, if that is still the one you use to launch Skyrim?

First of all make sure that in your \Skyrim\data\ there cannot be folders such as Bodyslide/any caliente*, meshes or textures. If you used NMM there would be, but that works very differently and you must only follow guide for launcher you are using.

ah, that might be the problem. I recently made the switch from nmm to mod organizer so I must have not correctly cleaned my skyrim

1 hour ago, Zaflis said:

Also do I need to just delete skyrim and reinstall it? Or are there extra steps? For the bodyslide in data you were talking about do I need to just delete it manually?

Also do I need to just delete skyrim and reinstall it? Or are there extra steps? For the bodyslide in data you were talking about do I need to just delete it manually?

You shouldn't need to reinstall Skyrim, but you can if you want to be safe. Uninstall and clean data folder. However it should look like this:

skyrim_data.jpg.32ad225af3fc5489bff0670b13f18c65.jpg

Might be that you don't need or don't have the Interface or shadersfx folders, that's ok. Verifying game cache in Steam will restore any files if you removed too many. I hope your Mod Organizer is installed somewhere else than where Steam is, it can be almost anywhere on your harddrive, for example make something of your own... C:\Games\Skyrim\MO\...

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

You shouldn't need to reinstall Skyrim, but you can if you want to be safe. Uninstall and clean data folder. However it should look like this:

skyrim_data.jpg.32ad225af3fc5489bff0670b13f18c65.jpg

Might be that you don't need or don't have the Interface or shadersfx folders, that's ok. Verifying game cache in Steam will restore any files if you removed too many. I hope your Mod Organizer is installed somewhere else than where Steam is, it can be almost anywhere on your harddrive, for example make something of your own... C:\Games\Skyrim\MO\...

I don't know what I did but randomly my new vega mods and executable was randomly added to skyrim's instance and I can't remove it... What happened?

Archived