Companions changing clothes on their own ...

I have a hunch this has been answered and I just failed to find it, but ....

My companions, regardless of which one it is, eventually seem to decide they don't like the outfits/armor I set up for them to wear.  For reasons I have been unable to figure out, every time I do anything that has a load screen (i,e, fast travel, go through doors into instances, that sort of thing) my current companion decides to revert completely to their default (original) outfit. Which rather sucks if we just entered a spot we are going to be under immediate threat/fire.

In one of my games, Piper decided to become a nudist. She didn't revert to her original outfit, she stripped everything but her cap. Even when I sent her back to Sanctuary and assigned her to a supply route .. she happily traipsed around the commonwealth naked.

Anyone have any clues how to correct this little problem?

1 hour ago, SobekSilverblade said:

I have a hunch this has been answered and I just failed to find it, but ....

My companions, regardless of which one it is, eventually seem to decide they don't like the outfits/armor I set up for them to wear.  For reasons I have been unable to figure out, every time I do anything that has a load screen (i,e, fast travel, go through doors into instances, that sort of thing) my current companion decides to revert completely to their default (original) outfit. Which rather sucks if we just entered a spot we are going to be under immediate threat/fire.

In one of my games, Piper decided to become a nudist. She didn't revert to her original outfit, she stripped everything but her cap. Even when I sent her back to Sanctuary and assigned her to a supply route .. she happily traipsed around the commonwealth naked.

Anyone have any clues how to correct this little problem?

IIRC, clothing has to be given a high rating before they keep it, just like quests have to have a high rating or they get replaced by other quests.

?

10 hours ago, SobekSilverblade said:

Makes sense. Excuse my ignorance, but is there a way I can set the rating for an outfit, or is that cooked into it at it's creation?

I don't know enough about Outfit Studio to be much help. I'm sure there's tutorial vids out there.......

?

Archived