Help on making Skyrim mod to Skyrim Special Edition

Hello fellow people of Loverslab, I am having to write this because I am having issues trying to transfer a mod from old Skyrim to SSE....(if converting mods is not allowed please forgive me as I do not know) Alright so to begin I am trying to convert a follower mod from this site into the SSE game, the mod is "e4Fan's Companions 1.5"  Me3Fan. The author doesn't seem to have a SSE version and I am trying to get Chris Redfield into SSE by using  CK and SSE NIF Optimizer v3.07. I have followed quite a few videos and blogs on how to successfully do it but alas I can't quite get it right,  I tried doing it a few days ago and when I went in game I thought I had succeeded because I was able to see Chris Redfield inside Jorrvasker….however the game crashes when I approach him. I though nothing of it I figured I did something wrong so I reinstalled the mod but before I got near him CTD. After trying multiple videos I had little to no success, however on my 4th attempt I got Chris installed and the game did not crash so I got excited....but the bad news is that his face is black and he has blue hair (missing textures). I give up.....can someone out there please help me port him to SSE? I am not the author of the mod so can I even port him to SSE, will I get into trouble?

Much Obliged, Orpheusthewarrior.

Archived