Previously good saves stopped working without changing any mods

13 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

the question is: you want to be still able to play vanilla quests and DCLs?

or

you want to use vanilla skyrim just for a nice background setup to get in trouble with LL mods?

I want to play Skyrim as a Slaver/Slave/Toy. Fortunately "play Skyrim" doesn't mean much. The main quest line doesn't interest me, nor does the Dawngaurd. I do plan on playing Dragonborn since I recall really enjoying that, thinking "this is what DLC should be". As mentioned, I started gaming in the early 90s and to me DLC should be more like the old Expansion Packs that add tons of content and essentially are like a new game.

A better answer to your question would be that I want the LL content woven into the world. DF does this quite well, and at least from a gameplay perspective is light weight (not sure whats under the hood, though I can imagine its quite hefty). Quests like DCL's Supply and Demand, as annoying as it is, seems to fit in well. That said, I'm not opposed to something like POP which adds a completely new dimension of play (or so I assume), so long as its woven in well enough. A slave auction fits in as well.

I can wave off the lack of immersiveness from shiny catsuits and such by simply saying they are imports from exotic lands, but the Wenches mods. . .well, those are just amazing. Wenches popping out of bug corpses is silly, but its a game.

I imagine you ask due to my comment about SLAV. It seems less immersive and more invasive. Not having played any of its contents I can't say for sure. On the one hand it looks like a massive Daedric quest line (which is good). On the other hand, it seems like to does more than side track the player (which is. . .not exactly bad, but not good either). It also punishes the player for dying instead of reloading (which is great). I like that last bit best, in fact, since I don't care for the other options you listed for a variety of reasons. A complex and buggy system is something I'd like to avoid; I don't want to just get shunted into slavery (I want to really earn my slavery, if that makes sense); SD+. . .there is just something about it; and I don't like the idea of going into dungeons naked (my spine is weak from being trapped in a co

27 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Out of interest, do you have a lot of animations installed? I've had some weird issues when I've been close to the limit on animations where the game would work and load perfectly well for several days, and then seemingly out of the blue it would start crashing on load every time. Reducing the number of installed animations fixed it. You could try uninstalling any SLAL packs that don't have an ESP (so you preserve your load order) and seeing if that helps.

No. Except for Nibbler's, which has great animations, the rest are dependencies.

29 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Other possible options might be Crash Fixes with the memory patch and plugin preloader. Your quicksave is already quite close to the string limit (60k+ out of 65k max) and crash fixes will work around that, plus it fixes a few other potential issues.

Oh my! 60k?! Yeah, if I'm already at 60k, I better stop and start over. Even with a crash fix. And you're right, I should install that. I actually have an old version downloaded, but not installed.

30 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

Then there's Load Game CTD Fix which may or may not help. Normally the crashes this fixes are random and occasional rather than 100% reliable and constant, but it might help and it won't hurt, other than causing some longer load times.

Yeah, I did that. Its the ini fix right? I did need that within a few minutes of play.

31 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

ENBoost, even if you don't use an ENB preset, can help with memory management and might help if you have a lot of large textures. 

Finally I don't see a bashed patch or smashed patch in your load order which might help with conflict resolution.

I'm working at that as part of my next run. This run is done; I'll be starting another with a new (lighter) set of mods, as well as more fixes.

33 minutes ago, RetroGray said:

[Edit] - I opened this topic in a tab about 2 hours ago and then went and made dinner and forgot about it. I should really have refreshed before I posted, it would have saved me repeating advice you'd already been given. D'oh! I did think of something else though - I had an absolutely ridiculous series of crashes several months back that started out of nowhere on a previously good save, no mods changed. I finally tracked it down and it turned out that after a Windows update, Windows Defender had suddenly decided to falsely flag one of the SKSE .dll plugins as possible malware and was blocking it from being accessed. So, uh, I dunno what you can do with that information other than maybe you might have to think outside the box a bit if none of the normal solutions are working. 

lol. No worries! I'll think of it as a tl;dr so when I need to do all this over again in a couple of years I don't need to read the entire thread. :D

As for the WD thing, I can't say that isn't contributing, but I think the core of the issue is that I have too many mods that aren't playing well together. And really, now that I've played for a bit, I can see that they aren't all needed anyway.

Archived