Question about changing NPC body types

Irraka

Hey guys, first post here anyways I know you can replace the female nude model to make her more busty, etc and it changes this to every single female model but is there a way to do that but make it random? So that every time I see an NPC naked they don't always have the exact same body type?

Thanks

The closest thing to what you is asking is Body By Race, availible on Nexus. It gives each race a stereotypical bodytype (asians have small breasts, African-americans big butts, latinos big tits and caucasians something in the middle), and gives 4 different versions of every armour/clothing. The downside is of course if you are playing as an asian and loots clothing of an african-american the clothes wont match your bodytype. Also, if you are using Sexout, it appearently plays havoc so it's on the no-no list for Sexout-users.

I've always wanted to do something with BBR. Different bodies and a way to convert outfits to different body types. Workbench recipes or something.

Yeah, having some randomization of bodytypes would be great. I am guessing that it would be possible, if you created a couple of races with different bodytypes and handassigned NPC's to them, and changed their inventories so they had clothing/armour of the correct type, then, as you suggest made these outfits convertible. It WOULD take a lot of work though, and would need permissions from several mod authors, not to mention changing every piece of outfit to be non-replacing, and the pack would be a huge download as you would need a couple of versions of most outfits.

Still, it would be great. I am imagining Veronica with the Alice body, Cass with the type3BB, hookers and other attractive chars as Mojave delights, etc. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be such a huge project?

After all I don't imagine that you would have to alter more than maybe 50 named chars and a couple of random NPC's to give the feeling of real variety. The real challange would probably be getting the neccesary permissions... Making the clothes convertible I don't know if it would be hard to do or not.

It's an interesting notion, none the less.

In my game I have Veronica as Type3 F (original by exeter not the custom one with puffy nipples), Cass with Type6BB by Necro that Nagothm included in a couple of his mods here at the Lab, my character has the Skinny6. I've only done a few named characters so far plus I have a variety of different armor replacers (What there is of the armors lol).

As far as permissions go I believe that's only if the variety is going to be released. If you're doing it for your own shits and giggles I don't think permissions are needed as long as you don't upload anywhere. Open permission mods are always good too so there's none needed as long as the proper credits were established. Type 6 and Type 6M stuff I think are open permissions. Don't quote me on that but I think that's what I've read before. Kendo 2's Berry Boobs mod (just the bodies) are listed as modders resource so no permissions needed just credit the right people. Fizz's outfits are open permissions and I think some of if not all of Exeter's are too. Again don't quote me on any of this it's been a while since I've checked.

EDIT: Damn it ninja'd yet again. Damn you Kain lol.

Of course, as long as you only modify for yourself it's no problem, my latest char used a Mojave Delight race with an alice body and the Inked texture, so face, texture and mesh came from three different sources. Relesing this would however lead to instaban at the nexus as Mojave Delight and Inked are both forbidden from being re-distributed in any way, don't know what the permissions are for the alice body.

The point is that if you wanted to add a lot of different bodies to an mod you would need a shitload of permissions from different body-mod creators if you wanted to relese it.

Kain: What I am talking about isn't a race-centric mod. I mean that you would handpick NPC's bodytype. For example, lets say we made Sunny use the Skinny body, while Veronica is alice, and Joana, the prostitute at the Gommorah has BNB. That would mean that one would have to go into the Geck and manually change their races, and their outfits. This would probably create a fuckload of incompabilities now that I think of it though, I don't really know enough about the GECK to know if it would even work.

However it would mean that you had to get permission from the creators of the skinnyrace, the alice race, and the BNB race, AS WELL as the creators for the outfits for the respective race that you want to give them.

Archived