Animations in Defeat SE starting only after hitting ESC or opening/closing Console

As mentioned several times in the "official" support thread for Defeat SE, there seems to be a problem with the mod in the player-is-assaulter-scenario:

After stripping the victim, the player remains in idle UNTIL the game is paused or the console is opened. Only then the sexlab animation starts.

Because this mod is no longer supported, I'm trying to hunt down this problem myself. I managed to get the mod loaded in CK and I am able to check / change the scripts, but can't compile them to add some more debug info. Now the question:

How do I need to set up the CK to actually compile Defeat scripts? Unpacking the SKSE script sources, the Defeat script sources and ... ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it does not happen with Eager NPCs or Follow me for Sex 3.6. All 3 call the Sexlab animation, so Defeat has to do something a bit different.

There is a "while" loop before the animation call, seems to be used to bring the player closer to the NPC. Maybe that is the problem ... but still can not compile the damn script (There are a lot of script sources required, currently missing the SkyUI script sources, so still no way to narrow down the problem :( ).

Pausing the game and opening the console are actions that suspend the engine. They should not have any effect on scripting, so it's not like there's a bug you can track down by examining the source code.

If there are any edits that can fix the issue, I would first try extending any waits and timeouts by another 0.05 seconds (~3 frames) or so. That's the Utility.Wait() and RegisterForSingleUpdate() functions.

11 hours ago, Sunnstor said:

Well, it does not happen with Eager NPCs or Follow me for Sex 3.6. All 3 call the Sexlab animation, so Defeat has to do something a bit different.

There is a "while" loop before the animation call, seems to be used to bring the player closer to the NPC. Maybe that is the problem ... but still can not compile the damn script (There are a lot of script sources required, currently missing the SkyUI script sources, so still no way to narrow down the problem :( ).

Yeah, what I mean is that Defeat and DH have the same issue so they have something in common causing it. IMO, it's worse in DH. That mod will not progress without me hitting tilde at least twice when it triggers.

11 hours ago, tasairis said:

Pausing the game and opening the console are actions that suspend the engine. They should not have any effect on scripting, so it's not like there's a bug you can track down by examining the source code.

If there are any edits that can fix the issue, I would first try extending any waits and timeouts by another 0.05 seconds (~3 frames) or so. That's the Utility.Wait() and RegisterForSingleUpdate() functions.

My first step would be adding some debug info right to the parts before calling the Sexlab scene start function, just to figure out where it is on hold. But without all the dependent script sources, this isn't likely to happen any time soon. I too think that this is not a bug in the code itself, since Defeat is working with those scripts in Skyrim LE. Maybe related to the slower start of sex scenes in Sexlab SE in general?!

• 2 weeks later...

I changed the title because I found several other topics where people have the same issue with Defeat.

While I still have no solution (I reduced the mod count to a minimum), I'm curious about another reason which may possibly the cause:

In the official Defeat thread Goubo mentions that the Sexlab option "Disable starting teleport" is enabled, so that the actors have to walk to each other. But this option seems not to work in SE (Not with Defeat at least); after hitting ESC or opening the console, the characters always teleport to each other, whether the Sexlab option is on or off. Could this be the problem?

Actually it is part of the script, if you use a follower and tell him/her to act on your behalf defeat works flawlessly it is ony when the player only uses the activate defeat mechanism that the only to trigger it is by using the tilde key to force sexlab to trigger normally.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:56 AM, McLude said:

It also happens with Deviously Helpless so I don't think the problem is Defeat. Unless they are using the same code? 

It also appears sometimes when using matchmaker on 3 or more actors and you want to switch position then you have to press TAB to continue working.

So it's probably SexLab Framework problem.

• 2 years later...