[mod] Elven Expansion

I had a problem with elven buildings not surviving a reload of the game.

I think the problem was that the names of the buildings must be unique but I also saw in the paradox cultural building file that the cultural building name must start with ca_culture_ so I added that prefix as well. Also fixed adding galleys for port (as mentioned by Hemiger above), ports requiring naval tech and changed tribal buildings to cost prestige instead of gold. Also changed the triggers to match the paradox cultural building file.

ElvenExpansionBuildingFixes.zip

Kola was chosen based on it being where the elves first landed in europe and was their old capitol hence why restoring it gives you the sites in kola.

CK2 doesnt require that buildings start with ca_culture_ its the naming convention they use internally, the ports cost gold and didnt require tech because A the elves are immortal their special Elven buildings dont have plans a human could use and they are mostly made by magic anyways so the gold gets you the reagents for the process. that was the internal reasoning behind the costs of the elven stuff. i also fixed the galleys with 1.1.4 but if i missed one please tell me so i can fix it in the main mod.

9 hours ago, stalindlrp said:

Kola was chosen based on it being where the elves first landed in europe and was their old capitol hence why restoring it gives you the sites in kola.

CK2 doesnt require that buildings start with ca_culture_ its the naming convention they use internally, the ports cost gold and didnt require tech because A the elves are immortal their special Elven buildings dont have plans a human could use and they are mostly made by magic anyways so the gold gets you the reagents for the process. that was the internal reasoning behind the costs of the elven stuff. i also fixed the galleys with 1.1.4 but if i missed one please tell me so i can fix it in the main mod.

Ok, seems like a good rationale. Thanks for a well thought out mod.

I based my stuff on 1.3.9 uploaded in this thread. It is confusing with the versoion numbering. It is not super clear that the current download version of 1.1.5.7 is newer than 1.3.9 from the thread. Maybe you could post here in this thread when doing the next update and update the verion code to 1.4.x.x to avoid confusion? Is all fixes from 1.39 in 1.1.5.7?

I tried 1.1.5.7 that you uploaded recently and a built a "small elven port" and a "small elven castle" building in a castle. After saving the game  then quitting and the reloading the buildings where gone. If it is not the triggers I updated or the ca_culture_ prefix then I guess it is that the building have identical names in both castle and city. That was the third fix I made.

For lulz a boosted the elven archers retuine subunit, added an unicorn subunit and added a elven volley combat tactics. Feel free to use:

common.zip

Wish list:

Elven religion holy order, "Wild hunters" ??

Archery boosting buildings, seems thematic.

More elven events

ohh dont mind if i do, there was an issue with the building that you noticed, the paradox naming scheme just wasnt it, seem paradox merges the castle, city and tribal building files into one before it parses on a load so my reusing names was actually an issue which will be fixed with next version.

I simply resumed my original versioning scheme sorry for the confusion but 1.1.5 is the latest one, will have the building fix in the next one which is 1.1.6 which should be out later.

Hi, is it possible to include an additional option in the event you are bored you want some fun.

All these options are  -10 gold + 10 prestige. I would like an option to cancel event, and pay nothing (maybe with some drawback) 

In fact I was going to path in my game because 10 gold is sometimes a problem.

4 hours ago, Zdun said:

Hi, is it possible to include an additional option in the event you are bored you want some fun.

All these options are  -10 gold + 10 prestige. I would like an option to cancel event, and pay nothing (maybe with some drawback) 

In fact I was going to path in my game because 10 gold is sometimes a problem.

Wrong mod. You're thinking of Dark World Extras.

I have one as well Cheri.

I might include that but ten gold is nothing after earily tribal so its not high priority to me. and I would make it fairly steep cost wise as 10 gold is nothing for almost anyone who can raid or has any demsne at all.

Warrior lodge and soceity looks promising. Good job!

I made a holy order feel free to take it:

ElvenExpansionHolyOrder.zip

It is based on the Jomsvikings and activate if Östergötland, Þelamørk, Fyun or Satakunda is held by a character of elven faith.

The mean_time_to_happen is 620 months, just like the jomsvikings. No reformation is necessary.

It also contains changes on the religion that you might want:

* Added crusade weights so AI will call wid hunts (supports both Vanilla and HIP).

* Added a nice crown artifact on reformation

* Changed color to green so it is not so close to soumi/finland

* Added feminist

* Added female consorts

* Added intermarry with the surrounding pagans as I find it to booring to have to blob

* Added chaotic reformed heresy allowing sibling marriage and even more across religion marriages

On 7/31/2019 at 2:38 AM, Cheri Song said:

Wrong mod. You're thinking of Dark World Extras.

I am talking about 

Elven_court.txt bored ruler event.

On the other hand I see Dark World Extras also got #bored ruler event. But the -10  wealth and options(i.e. succubus etc.) looks like event from elven expansion file.

@Mosep the Songlords reform card give feminist already, or it should. You dont want them to both have it as it will cause issues.  this is why some of the faith features are commented out as is.

I didnt put the intermarry stuff because would you marry a dog? most elves view humans as a dog and wouldnt intermarry with them any ways at least in my head canon, also the faith is hostile to most pagan faiths just because it wants their lands for elven people. though i guess i coould add in intermarry with offensive pagans.

I will look at the rest and see if i want to use it.

If the reform card isnt working right please let me know otherwise the base reformed faith wont get feminist features as it already gets them if you take the elven reform card. Not doing so is your choice and i would assume you have your own reasons for doing it that way. I will double check it for female concubines but it might be their already was buggy last time i touched those features so if it isnt present that would be why.

After looking at it the rest does look to be fine, will prolly include it in the next release.

@stalindlrp
ok, you have a more of a vision of Thranduil, Elf supremacist, for the religion as in Bilbo, than Elrond tolerating the Aragon/Arwen union etc. A bit boring with just blobbing, killing asatru and soumi

Anyway, I made everything else but the religion.txt separate so it would be easy for you to just put in, if you like it.

I tested the stuff both with vanilla and Hip and the holy order formed and converted with reformation. The crown artifact was correctly granted to the reformer.

Yeah everything else looked fine and i will put in for some offensive pagans intermarry just for some options, but i am working one something atm and the update might take awhile.

And yeah, though less thranduil and more Asur, who while they tolerate humans to a lesser degree view them as lower animals.

• 3 months later...