Nude mods for Warriors Orochi 4

6 hours ago, Murbor said:

Alright then. Thanks for trying to help me troubleshoot this, and sorry for eating up so much of your time. If you can't figure anything out, don't sweat it too terribly much. You said you wanted to remake this mod eventually anyway. Though, Honoka looks pretty good in Lianshi's clothes, so if just the hair and the mouth could be fixed, I think I'd be satisfied with that. At any rate, thanks again, and you have a great day.

Hey, no problem ;).

Sadly I can't reproduce your problems with my mod.

I'm also going to take the mod off this site indefinitely because I'm not happy with it at the moment. Maybe at some point I'll get around to improving it a little and eliminating some of the errors.

In any case, thank you again for your feedback and sorry again that I couldn't be of any help.

Ah, don't worry about it too much. Even if you had figured out the problem with the hair, as long as the mouth still looks glitchy like that, I don't think it would be a mod I'd have been too keen on using anyway. I'm content to wait until you remake it, however long from now that may be.

12 hours ago, Murbor said:

Ah, don't worry about it too much. Even if you had figured out the problem with the hair, as long as the mouth still looks glitchy like that, I don't think it would be a mod I'd have been too keen on using anyway. I'm content to wait until you remake it, however long from now that may be.

Everything's fine... fortunately, the days when things like this used to keep me from sleeping are long gone ;).

In the meantime, I did a few short tests with the mod in question with a few friends... including a PC that was so old that, according to the official system requirements, it shouldn't be able to play the game anymore.

However, the result was the same: It worked without any problems, apart from a huge loss in performance on the weaker PCs, which as we know is directly related to 3Dmigoto itself.

However, we noticed that the Guan Yinping mod you linked throws an error message when starting the game because of a duplicate shader configuration in both of the mods ini files. According to our tests, it does not affect performance or gameplay in any way... however, if you use the Yinping and Honoka mod at the same time and no error is displayed, it indicates that there may be probably something wrong with your setup. Not a confirmation, just a guess.

Reworking the model probably wouldn't solve your problem with the mod, as with the possibilities of 3DM it either works like that or it doesn't work at all. However, the "mouth glitch" is a point that can probably be alleviated somewhat with a little reworking, but in my opinion cannot be completely fixed.

The face models of Lianshi and Honoka are too different in size for that... in order to achieve a better match, I would have to reduce the size of one head so much that it no longer fits the body in proportion. I even tried it and had a lot of fun with the sight afterwards ^^.

You could even do something here with weight painting in Blender and mitigate the distortions a little, but that's anything but easy because you have to be very precise and even small deviations only make things worse.

When I originally made the mod, I was faced with the question "Should I really invest several days in a process that I can be very sure I will never get the perfect result?" I finally decided against it because the model and the glitch can only be seen at close range for a very short time during the game... but I'm not offended either if someone thinks it looks too "sloppy".

I actually use this specific model in all my mod attempts to try things out first... It's basically a mashup of three models from completely different games. If it works I can move on, if not then the thing is usually already over. I don't know yet if and when I'll get back to it.

11 hours ago, Murbor said:

Why not make the mod for a character with a more similar facial structure then? Since you mentioned it, I'm kind of curious now why you chose Lianshi, out of every character in the game, to turn into Honoka.

Because the characters head meshes would have to be extacly the same.  Every deviation in size, vertex count or other parameters, no matter how small, leads to glitches and then has to be reworked manually. Depending on how good or bad the initial result is, this can easily take days.

I actually tried other characters besides Lianshi as a starting point for the Honoka swap... same problems, more or less obvious to see. And trying out all the characters in the game one after the other just to find the "best" match is not an option for me... Too much work with too little chance of success.

There was no particular reason why I chose Lianshi for this mod. I had to start with some character as a test, so I started with her.

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how to get the g1m file from .data? Or are there other ways to get any character model in order to modify it. Sorry, my grammar sucks, this is provided by Google. This is what I got via LinkdataTools and I have no idea what to do next, like an idiot.

1257.png

1 hour ago, kakui008 said:

Can anyone tell me how to get the g1m file from .data? Or are there other ways to get any character model in order to modify it. Sorry, my grammar sucks, this is provided by Google. This is what I got via LinkdataTools and I have no idea what to do next, like an idiot.

1257.png

Directly change the suffix name

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

after a few weeks of lack of motivation, I decided at short notice to take up a project that had been put off for a while: Modding Dynasty Warriors 8.

I can't report a major breakthrough at the moment, but I thought I'd share what little I've learned with you here. Here's what I did:

I happened to find a tool in a Reddit post that can be used to partially read the DLC files from the PC version of Dynasty Warriors 8 XL.

>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/dynastywarriors/comments/9efnt6/auxiliary_tools_for_xl_and_empires_and_how_to_add/

Consideration here:

Since 3Dmigoto fails here due to the lack of DX9 support, the "classic" method of editing the original models has to be used. The individual DLC models can not only be identified quickly and easily using this tool, but you can also export the corresponding textures, for example. Disadvantage: You cannot export models directly.

I then grabbed a DLC-bin file from the installation folder and converted it into a g1m file using the "WO4Edit" tools (found a little further up here in the thread).

Now the g1m file just needs to be converted into another format for editing in Blender - I tried the following tools:

"MusouTool" from the "WO4Edit"-toolpack

Converting the g1m file and editing the resulting dae file in Blender works perfectly, but I am unable to import the changes back into the source file because, due to the tools lack of documentation, I neither understand the synthax of the import command nor can I interpret the shown error messages. I've tried about six different examples from some other threads here in the forum, but none of them work.

If someone here has a suggestion or hint how to get this working I would appreciate it... I tried this method so many times, a few more attempts wouldn´t do any harm ;).

"g1mtools" from the "DOA 6"-thread here on Loverslab

g1m file can be converted, but the files exported here cannot be opened in blender because the program throws an error at this point.

"g1m_exporter_v1.3.8" from here --> https://github.com/eArmada8/gust_stuff

g1m file can be exported, edited in blender with the 3DM script and imported back into a g1m file using the import tool from the "g1mtools" package. The g1m file can then be packed back into a bin file using the “WO4Edit” tool. However, the main problem comes afterwards: Dynasty Warriors 8 XL either crashes immediately when you select the customized DLC costume or it is not displayed correctly.

Now does this mean you can't actually make mods for this game?

My opinion on this: I'm not fully sure yet, but there's still hope.

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL is a "older" game, which is why I suspect that the models here are a little different from those that can be edited correctly with the tools (which were made for "newer" games). In my opinion, the most promising tool is the "g1m_exporter v1.3.8". If you take a closer look at the files that come out when converting the g1m file with a text editor, you can read an "unknown parameter" in some entries... an indication that the program cannot cope with some model-related data.

This is where you could possibly start... perhaps the developer of the tool could also help here. Of course there's no guarantee that it will work in the end, but it would be worth a try.

The exact workflow could end up looking something like this:

1. Browse DLC file with Aux tool and export textures.
  2. Convert DLC file with "WO4Edit" and "g1m_exporter_v1.3.8".
  3. Edit model and textures with Blender.
  4. Import the customized model back using the tools and generate a new DLC file.
  5. Finally, import new textures using the Aux tool and then swap out the new DLC file in the installation folder.

I know it's pretty vague at the moment, but maybe someone here has an idea or would like to try it themselves.

As an example, I will attach a g1m file exported from a DLC here as an attachment... maybe that will help someone.

For my part, due to my known time constraints, I will disappear again for a few months and then see if I can/should/will continue in this direction.

I'll definitely update my modding tutorial... the rest will follow.

Until then!

GuanYP_Mandarin_DW8Export.g1m

Edited by Geefbeef_NT
Typo / Additional Info
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 10:08 AM, Geefbeef_NT said:

Hello everyone,

after a few weeks of lack of motivation, I decided at short notice to take up a project that had been put off for a while: Modding Dynasty Warriors 8.

I can't report a major breakthrough at the moment, but I thought I'd share what little I've learned with you here. Here's what I did:

I happened to find a tool in a Reddit post that can be used to partially read the DLC files from the PC version of Dynasty Warriors 8 XL.

>>> https://www.reddit.com/r/dynastywarriors/comments/9efnt6/auxiliary_tools_for_xl_and_empires_and_how_to_add/

Consideration here:

Since 3Dmigoto fails here due to the lack of DX9 support, the "classic" method of editing the original models has to be used. The individual DLC models can not only be identified quickly and easily using this tool, but you can also export the corresponding textures, for example. Disadvantage: You cannot export models directly.

I then grabbed a DLC-bin file from the installation folder and converted it into a g1m file using the "WO4Edit" tools (found a little further up here in the thread).

Now the g1m file just needs to be converted into another format for editing in Blender - I tried the following tools:

"MusouTool" from the "WO4Edit"-toolpack

Converting the g1m file and editing the resulting dae file in Blender works perfectly, but I am unable to import the changes back into the source file because, due to the tools lack of documentation, I neither understand the synthax of the import command nor can I interpret the shown error messages. I've tried about six different examples from some other threads here in the forum, but none of them work.

If someone here has a suggestion or hint how to get this working I would appreciate it... I tried this method so many times, a few more attempts wouldn´t do any harm ;).

"g1mtools" from the "DOA 6"-thread here on Loverslab

g1m file can be converted, but the files exported here cannot be opened in blender because the program throws an error at this point.

"g1m_exporter_v1.3.8" from here --> https://github.com/eArmada8/gust_stuff

g1m file can be exported, edited in blender with the 3DM script and imported back into a g1m file using the import tool from the "g1mtools" package. The g1m file can then be packed back into a bin file using the “WO4Edit” tool. However, the main problem comes afterwards: Dynasty Warriors 8 XL either crashes immediately when you select the customized DLC costume or it is not displayed correctly.

Now does this mean you can't actually make mods for this game?

My opinion on this: I'm not fully sure yet, but there's still hope.

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL is a "older" game, which is why I suspect that the models here are a little different from those that can be edited correctly with the tools (which were made for "newer" games). In my opinion, the most promising tool is the "g1m_exporter v1.3.8". If you take a closer look at the files that come out when converting the g1m file with a text editor, you can read an "unknown parameter" in some entries... an indication that the program cannot cope with some model-related data.

This is where you could possibly start... perhaps the developer of the tool could also help here. Of course there's no guarantee that it will work in the end, but it would be worth a try.

The exact workflow could end up looking something like this:

1. Browse DLC file with Aux tool and export textures.
  2. Convert DLC file with "WO4Edit" and "g1m_exporter_v1.3.8".
  3. Edit model and textures with Blender.
  4. Import the customized model back using the tools and generate a new DLC file.
  5. Finally, import new textures using the Aux tool and then swap out the new DLC file in the installation folder.

I know it's pretty vague at the moment, but maybe someone here has an idea or would like to try it themselves.

As an example, I will attach a g1m file exported from a DLC here as an attachment... maybe that will help someone.

For my part, due to my known time constraints, I will disappear again for a few months and then see if I can/should/will continue in this direction.

I'll definitely update my modding tutorial... the rest will follow.

Until then!

GuanYP_Mandarin_DW8Export.g1m 716.79 kB · 8 downloads

Hello everyone,

a short final update on this matter:

After a few days of additional testing with the tools listed and a few consultations here and there, modding Dynasty Warriors 8 will probably still be a long time coming (if at all).

In my opinion, the main problem lies with the reimport of the processed models. When exporting to the corresponding file format, the tools probably add additional parameters that the older DW8 engine cannot handle. The game crashes already if you simply reimport a model that was exported from the original data without making any further adjustments.

However, someone pointed out to me that you could also try converting the game from DX9 to DX11 with a special wrapper (dgVoodoo 2 to be more precise), which would potentially allow you to use 3DMigoto for modding again.

The problem here is that neither Dynasty Warriors 7 nor Dynasty Warriors 8 can currently be run with dgVoodoo 2, which means that this option doesn't work either.

However, the developer of dgVoodoo 2 is open to feedback and occasionally adjusts his program if certain games have problems with it. I gave him some feedback... let's see if that might help.

See you then!

It'd be great if DW8XLCE and DW8E could be modded someday. There's a lot of great 3DMigoto mods for WO4 that I wonder if they could be ported to DW8 if somebody is able to get 3DMigoto working with it. We'll see, I guess. Once DW8 modding discussion picks up a bit, it should probably get its own thread, rather using the WO4 thread.

24 minutes ago, Murbor said:

It'd be great if DW8XLCE and DW8E could be modded someday. There's a lot of great 3DMigoto mods for WO4 that I wonder if they could be ported to DW8 if somebody is able to get 3DMigoto working with it. We'll see, I guess. Once DW8 modding discussion picks up a bit, it should probably get its own thread, rather using the WO4 thread.

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about this.

As far as I can tell, the modding efforts for these two titles go back to 2014... but almost nothing has happened since then in terms of tools and such (as far as can be seen publicly).

The DLC tool I did some testing with was apparently made to transfer the DLCs from the console to the PC version and the export/import tools and scripts are, as already mentioned, made for the newer series titles.

By the way, the timing of my request to the developer of dgVoodoo 2 couldn't have been better: on the same day that I sent him the feedback, he put the project on hold for an indefinite period due to lack of time.

So nothing more can be expected here in the future either. Well, it was worth a try...

Dang. Oh well. Perhaps someday. There's always a chance there could be a sudden breakthrough in modding one day out of the blue, like there was for Final Fantasy X last year when people finally figured out how to do full custom models for that game and not just texture edits. Maybe someday.

In the meantime, I'll go back to hoping somebody here is able to find these mods that were shown off way earlier in this thread. Still looking for them....

On 4/29/2020 at 2:14 AM, LYK1003 said:

A little bit unrelated but this is a costume mod which is originally one of the DLC costumes from second set in SW4-II :3

WARRIORS OROCHI 4 Ultimate 2020_4_29 下午 03_10_51.png

On 8/30/2021 at 2:26 AM, hilme said:

please, anyone have this mod?

1.jpg

On 12/7/2023 at 7:32 AM, roem93 said:

Does anyone have this file for Oichi WO4?orochi4___oichi_costume_mod_by_tianmuxia_dcxjtet-pre.jpg.45f1645b5572ac8c1f02051206c8711e.jpg