Nude mods for Warriors Orochi 4

I think i already said so many time, i not a modder , i cannot create/make/add any mod file, all things that i can do are delete

if you want ask something, you should contact to this guy

https://www.nexusmods.com/warriorsorochi4/mods/28?tab=files

He is modder , who create all mod

You think he just make outfit mod, not make nude mod

But actually, his mod have a base nude mod and cover by outfit

I download and delete outfit , only base nude mod remain, You can see my guide at page 11 for more detail

He not make nude base mod for nuwa and kyube, so that

if delete outfit, no thing remain, you can see a head fly around

In case of okuni, base nude mod not have legs, that why i not delete all outfit, you can see

image.png.b99a317e61849fb3b3f1070f1d4c9b34.png

================

Mods.rar

Hello everyone and first of all a happy new year!

Since my last post was frighteningly from the end of October and I've gotten a little further with my attempts in the meantime, I thought I'd start the new year with a few results that I'm sure will interest one or two of you.

I have now tried the method with 3Dmigoto on both "Warriors All-Stars" and "Warriors Orochi 4" and am getting good results (by my standards).

Since pictures speak louder than words, here are a few examples:

WO4_Xiaoqiao_Custom_1.png.d00eb3519f62af91d84e2431ca1561b3.png

Figure 1:

New costume for Xiaoqiao based on a converted XNAlara model with customized color scheme and additional makeup effect (Warriors Orochi 4).

WO4_Kai_Backport.png.457992667543684ab75cd05de7cfd8fe.png

Figure 2:

Backport of a "Samurai Warriors 4" DLC costume for Lady Kai including glasses (Warriors Orochi 4).

Note : Hair accessories are not shown here, because I overlooked them while editing the model ;)

WO4_Honoka_Port.png.c59be27b31708ff5346107ae0e824b7f.png

Figure 3:

Complete character swap from Lianshi to Honoka from DoA5 with custom costume and working facial animations (Warriors Orochi 4).

Note: Not really visible in the screenshot, but the hair is semi translucent in this mod because I got the wrong hair mesh when converting the original model.

With the 3Dmigoto method, according to my attempts so far, almost ANY 3D model can be ported, as long as you follow a few specific constraints and post-process it a bit in Blender.

The better the edited model fits the source model, the fewer imperfections (clipping; distorted polygons; overlaps) occur... but I should also mention that they won´t be perfect unless you spent some time correcting the flaws by hand.

I am currently in the process of documenting the workflow in the form of a tutorial including screenshots for those interested (video is unfortunately not possible due to my limited time).

Besides 3Dmigoto you will only need Blender (incl. a very easy to use, freely available addon for the textures), an image editing program like paint.net, GIMP or Photoshop and some time... it now takes me about 30 to 45 minutes for a port (whereby the complexity depends funnily enough on the source model).

### BONUS ###

Do you want me to tell you something else?

The whole thing also works with the PC version of Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate!

WO3_Kasumi_.Poc_1.png.da79833361ef3fb26bd29df42f95cc66.pngWO3_Kasumi_.Poc_2.png.d1325e3e2d69f0e2d370be994518fcf7.png

Figure 4:

New costume for Kasumi based on a converted XNAlara model (Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate).

This is to be understood as a proof-of-concept (I only ported the model and didn´t bother too much with the correct textures in the example above)... the method for porting the models is basically the same, but "Orochi 3" has a few annoying peculiarities that make it a bit more difficult:

- 3Dmigoto unfortunately only throws out garbage when dumping shaders & co. from this game, which is why an original model from the game files itself is necessary to adjust the weights correctly (actually only an additional work step, since the tools for unpacking the corresponding data already exist).

- "Orochi 3" separates the models sometimes from each other, sometimes not... the mod you can see above only works in the camp and in the game itself, i.e. the gallery still shows the "old" costume.

- Certain effects such as the "afterimage" for certain special attacks and some musou-cutins still render the "old" costume.

- Also, the rendering of other characters in the camp is distorted because they share certain shaders with the main character - since this issue is related to the game engine, it cannot be fixed as far as I know.

It is also quite possible that some of the above points can be corrected by more resourceful users than me... I will try to provide the necessary information to the community as best as possible. Maybe someone of you will find a better solution than me?

As I said, I'll continue to work on the tutorial and publish it when I'm done... unfortunately it will take some time (more like weeks than days).

Until then, have fun and good luck with your modding projects ;).

Edited by Geefbeef_NT
typo / formatting

Hello all.

Since I'm currently stuck at an airport on the way to my next job (don't ask), I had enough time to work on my tutorial.

Attached you can find the first version as PDF.

Please note:
- The described method works for "Warriors Orochi 4" as well as for "Warriors All-Stars".
- I'm not an expert in textures or other graphical things and I'm not very good with 3D models. So bear with me if explanations and examples look a bit "messy".
- I will answer questions if my time allows it.

And one more thing:
- No, I don't accept requests because I simply don't have the time, so please don't pester me about it ;).

What is still missing... I will try to publish a supplement how the whole thing works with the "Warriors Orochi 3 Ulimate Edition".

If you know a better solution or method, feel free to adapt and add to the tutorial.

I hope it's understandable (I'm a layman myself) and have fun trying it out and modding.

Attention:

The tutorial attached to this post was old and therefore deleted. A more recent version with examples can be found a bit further back in this thread.

Edited by Geefbeef_NT
11 hours ago, hilme said:

that is nice, I love that you have make outfits mods and not nude mods, nothing against nude mods but I am just not someone who likes my characters nude, hope we see more in future

Thank you.

To be honest it was not a deliberate decision to show only outfit mods as examples of this modding method.

I just had the corresponding models at hand and used those.

But since you can use any 3D model for this method, it doesn't matter anyway. With this, everyone can make the mod that he wants.

If you want a nude mod, grab an appropriate 3D model, customize it in Blender or a similar program, and transfer it into the game using this method.

If you want to make an oufit mod, the procedure doesn't change a bit. The corresponding steps are all the same.

I am also curious to see what others will do with this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2023 at 1:20 AM, Geefbeef_NT said:

Hello all.

Since I'm currently stuck at an airport on the way to my next job (don't ask), I had enough time to work on my tutorial.

Attached you can find the first version as PDF.

Please note:
- The described method works for "Warriors Orochi 4" as well as for "Warriors All-Stars".
- I'm not an expert in textures or other graphical things and I'm not very good with 3D models. So bear with me if explanations and examples look a bit "messy".
- I will answer questions if my time allows it.

And one more thing:
- No, I don't accept requests because I simply don't have the time, so please don't pester me about it ;).

What is still missing... I will try to publish a supplement how the whole thing works with the "Warriors Orochi 3 Ulimate Edition".

If you know a better solution or method, feel free to adapt and add to the tutorial.

I hope it's understandable (I'm a layman myself) and have fun trying it out and modding.

Warriors_Orochi_4_Costume_ModGuide.pdf 2.98 MB · 82 downloads

Great tutorial!

I would like to know how to use 3dmigoto in Warriors Orochi 3?

On 1/27/2023 at 12:42 PM, bqcai said:

Great tutorial!

I would like to know how to use 3dmigoto in Warriors Orochi 3?

Thank you for the praise.

I am currently working on an extended version of the tutorial, which will include some additions / corrections as well as a new chapter. This new chapter will explain how to create mods for "Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Edition" using 3Dmigoto.

It's not quite finished yet though... so I ask for a little patience (I think I'll be done with it in the second half of February).

Until then here is a new screenshot as a little appetizer... a new costume for Ayane incl. changed haircut, which I created during my last attempts ;).

image.png.593bff078d6d34856af81027245d3cf7.png

See you then!

Edited by Geefbeef_NT
Typo / Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Following is a quick update:

The completed mod tutorial for "Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate" isn't quite finished yet, but I'm making good progress.

I'm currently tweaking a few minor things and going a bit more in-depth with the textures and general workflow.

Fortunately, I've managed to figure out how the textures work in WO3U in the meantime, but there will be a few issues that can't be fixed because of the tool used.

Finally, a little treat: a "new" costume from my proof-of-concept attempts.

It´s the standard costume for Lianshi from "Dynasty Warriors 8 XL"... ready for use in "Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate".

Lianshi_DW8Org_CostumePoC.png.fe9afa8e5d76f7d41d2d0354c201aa6b.png### How to Install & Play - Use at own risk ###

1. Get the "3DM Orochi Mod Enabler" and unpack it in your "Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate" directory

2. Run the "WO3U.exe" as Administrator and confirm the UAC popup with "OK" (you only have to do this once)

3. Quit the game

4. Unpack the mod files from the zip-file below in the "Mods"-folder in your "Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate" directory

5. Start the game again

6. Press F10 to load/refresh the installed mod

7. Ingame include Lianshi in your group via "Menu"--> "Battle Preparations" --> "Change Team"

8. Change her Costume to "Downloaded Costume 12" (the doctor costume)

9. Confirm your group

10. Make her your actively controlled character via "Menu" --> "Change Character"

11. Press the "2" key on your keyboard or the "Back" button on your controller (if available)

12. She should now look like the screenshot on the left

### Features ###

- Original Costume from "Dynasty Warriors 8 XL"

- Original Hairstyle & Hair Ornaments from "Dynasty Warriors 8 XL"

- Working Jiggle Physics

### Know Issues ###

- The mod works only when "Downloaded Costume 12" is selected as active costume.

- No cloth or hair physics support.

- Some lighting effect will not display correctly sometimes (barely noticeable).

- Due to the way 3Dmigoto works (multiple characters in this game share the same shaders), using mods of this type will cause the characters in question to deform and "glitch"... unfortunately, in my experience so far, this cannot be prevented.

- The character still wears his "old" costume in the gallery and in the ingame cut-ins - although this can also be customized by swapping out more shaders. But for the sake of simplicity I didn't do it here.

### Additional Functions ###

I added a little something to the mod files:

- When you switch to a new character with "Q" / "E" on your keyboard or "Left Trigger" / "Right Trigger" on your controller the mod will activate / deactivate the shown costume - this reduces the likelihood of other characters "glitching" and then looking strange when the mod overwrites their shaders.

- You can always press "2" on your keyboard or the "Back" Button on your controller to reset the costume (meaning: If Lianshi is active and not in the modded costume press "2" or "Back").

- I also recommend to deactivate the mod by pressing "F2" if it bugs you too much in the game (in cutscenes for example).

- Additional tip: If you are using a controller and don't want to always press the keyboard, then bind the "click on the left stick" action with the "F2" key via the Steam Controller Configuration.

### Also please note... ###

This mod is intended as an example... I probably won't release more than a handful of them, if any.

Have fun with it!

I hope it works as intended ;).

Lianshi_DW8Org_PoC.zip

Edited by Geefbeef_NT
Typo / Spelling
On 2/13/2023 at 10:13 AM, Geefbeef_NT said:

### Know Issues ###

- Due to the way 3Dmigoto works (multiple characters in this game share the same shaders), using mods of this type will cause the characters in question to deform and "glitch"... unfortunately, in my experience so far, this cannot be prevented

Do the hashes for all the meshes share the 1st index? because that's what's use to tell the .ini(mods) what to specifically replace 

match_first_index = 0 <---- in the ini. is different per mesh if in any of the meshes share the same hash and can be found two ways

if not(you already knew this)

then its the same reason why I couldn't mod DW9/E beyond retextures and attempted basically the creator of 3dm couldn't provide a fix

Edited by True_Might
7 hours ago, True_Might said:

Do the hashes for all the meshes share the 1st index? because that's what's use to tell the .ini(mods) what to specifically replace 

match_first_index = 0 <---- in the ini. is different per mesh if in any of the meshes share the same hash and can be found two ways

if not(you already knew this)

then its the same reason why I couldn't mod DW9/E beyond retextures and attempted basically the creator of 3dm couldn't provide a fix

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but here is my take on it:

The main reason for this "behaviour" I think is that the game uses the same shaders AND buffers on some models.

Example - let's see Lianshi and Sun Quan side by side:

Spoiler

image.png.1b1cd0f85c129b03cb37fe0b6f52374a.png

As can be seen in the screenshot above, the Pixel Shader (PS) "b022f6e6331ac386" is responsible for the face, hands and parts of the upper body... on both models in the foreground and even the shopkeeper further back.

Not problematic for the start, since I also need a buffer to replace the actual model... with or without the associated "match_first_index" doesn't matter at this point (I think).

And this is where things get interesting...

Spoiler

image.png.9527fd0ec02b666bb2ba38607e9b471c.png

If we look for the right buffer (IB) now, it´s "dd245c8b", only Lianshi and Sun Quan disappear... the shopkeeper remains partly visible.

Interestingly (probably hard to see in the screenshot), Okuni further back also disappears completely , which leads me to the following assumption:

All player characters or better all playable (not the NPCs) share the same shaders/buffers... making the respective value in "match_first_index" the only variable that actually determines which parts of the model are replaced by the program.

Spoiler

image.png.73fa099b43820328366aaa066e0d5cbf.png[TextureOverride_Face]
hash = dd245c8b
handling = skip
ps-t0 = ResourcePapTex_CI
ps-t1 = ResourcePapTex_CI2
ps-t2 = ResourcePapTex_CI2
match_first_index = 780
vb0 = ResourcePapVB_Face
ib = ResourcePapIB_Face
drawindexed = auto

With the mod activated it looks like this... and this seems to confirm my suspicions:

In this case, the two models not only share the same shaders and buffers, but also the same "match_first_index", namely 780.

If this were not the case, only the respective part of ONE model would be replaced and not both as shown here (Lianshi's head now exists twice... creepy^^).

Also interesting (but not visible): Okuni's head is not replaced because she most likely does not have a value of "780" in the "match_first_index" of any of her parts.

In my opinion, that explains why, depending on the modded model, only certain other models "glitch"... in this case, it's always those where all three values for shaders, buffers and the "match_first_index" are the same... which also confirms your comment, if I interpreted it correctly.

I haven't tried DW9 yet, but from what you've described, it seems to be the same cause. Also, I suspect that it's not because of 3Dmigoto, but rather because of the way the graphics engine of each game was programmed.

But of course I could be wrong... at least those are the limitations I encountered while modding.

Edited by Geefbeef_NT

Im going to say your right when it comes to the games engine, because 3dm works for pretty much every KT game(DOA, WO4, Nioh1&2, Berserk, PersonaS, FF.Strangers. WAllStars, Attack on Titan, Dragon Quest, SW5) and hopefully Wo-Long when the PC demo comes out on the 24.

But for DW9 and Dw9Empires, it haves this same issue where they share the first index's and it have to be due to something regarding the game itself. Re-textures are possible but any blender work is met with issues for the other characters models. Even for the Created characters for Empires (which would at least helped the games lack of outfits). I lack any coding skills to attempt a solution by altering how 3dm works for these titles.

some of the Chinese modders manage to mod these games including DW9 with 3dm but no info on how.

i don't have WO3 so i cant mess around with it to find any solutions but at least i know this isn't the only game with this unfortunate hash/index sharing issue.

Edited by True_Might

Yes, adapting the functionalities of 3DM would be a possible option to address the problem.

There would then have to be a fourth variable in addition to shader, buffer, and index that would have to be different for all models for it to work.

However, I have a sneaking suspicion that the game's graphics engine would probably cause problems here as well.

That there is a distinction between the individual character models is beyond question, but in this case I don't think it's purely due to the rendering of the associated models, but rather is hardcoded as in most games.

The most obvious and "simple" solution would be to simply replace the models and textures themselves directly via the game files... which of course would completely eliminate the need to use 3DM for this purpose.

Unfortunately, most Koei Tecmo games use a special container format for their files, which can be unpacked with certain tools ... I speak from experience here, because I had to do exactly that to get the weighted models in WO3U to use them as templates for my modding attempts.

However, I am of the opinion that a partial solution that brings some graphical glitches with it, but otherwise works well is still better than nothing... whether you accept the associated restrictions is then just at the discretion of the user.

I can understand everyone who decides in this case: "This looks pretty bad. I'm not using that!"?

• 2 weeks later...