Sims 3 lags :(

My computer is good enough.i have all sims3 expansions in my game.im using also nrass overwatch error traps mods.usually clean my cache files also.my game sometimes very smooth but then it begins laggy .then it begins smooth again and goes laggy again...its not stable

im using sims3dashboard i dont have any conflicting mods as far as i see.Why this does happens then?

Besides When i move all my townies to a new town,lag is gone for a while.But after some playthrough,lag begins again.i noticed that it happens when i switch my households

i can confirm you this is not related with my computer.i ve 8gb ram 4 gb vram.:(

The Sims 3 in general is rather buggy and poorly optimized. So the more you play a save the worse the lag basically gets. But my suggestions to you would be to maybe try and lock the FPS if you haven't done so already. That alone will fix a lot of the lag you're experiencing. I play on not the best PC in the world and my game runs well from doing that alone. Also patching your game with the 4gb patch will help you out tremendously as well. 

4 gb patch reference: Link in spoiler

FPS cap reference: https://steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/276237094322801186/?ctp=1

Spoiler

4 hours ago, msswagztr226 said:

The Sims 3 in general is rather buggy and poorly optimized. So the more you play a save the worse the lag basically gets. But my suggestions to you would be to maybe try and lock the FPS if you haven't done so already. That alone will fix a lot of the lag you're experiencing. I play on not the best PC in the world and my game runs well from doing that alone. Also patching your game with the 4gb patch will help you out tremendously as well. 

4 gb patch reference: Link in spoiler

FPS cap reference: https://steamcommunity.com/app/47890/discussions/0/276237094322801186/?ctp=1

Reveal hidden contents

Thank you.i was able to do 4gb patch,for now but couldnt download fps limiter.i think my phone can't see download link on the nexus.i will also try it later.

Thank you,really.i dont want to cancel my challenge in sims3.my game loads in a few minutes by the means of good custom worlds.but this lag problem really irritating.

10 hours ago, Blackstar_new said:

Thank you.i was able to do 4gb patch,for now but couldnt download fps limiter.i think my phone can't see download link on the nexus.i will also try it later.

Thank you,really.i dont want to cancel my challenge in sims3.my game loads in a few minutes by the means of good custom worlds.but this lag problem really irritating.

According to the guys at nraas the game had the 4gb awareness included several patches ago so if your game has been updated to 1.69 or 1.67 you already have it, also you  can cap you frames using Rivatuner.rivatuner.jpg

5 hours ago, JoshQ said:

According to the guys at nraas the game had the 4gb awareness included several patches ago so if your game has been updated to 1.69 or 1.67 you already have it, also you  can cap you frames using Rivatuner.rivatuner.jpg

Thank you so much.i'll try it

• 1 month later...
On 11/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, Blackstar_new said:

My computer is good enough.i have all sims3 expansions in my game.im using also nrass overwatch error traps mods.usually clean my cache files also.my game sometimes very smooth but then it begins laggy .then it begins smooth again and goes laggy again...its not stable

This sounds like an issue with stuck objects. Basically, over time, objects that have scripts can get stuck in a weird state. Whenever timers fire off in the game to check on things, all the stuck objects take longer to process and the game lags for a bit. Once all the scripts are done, the game will run smoothly for a bit.

I try to reset everything in my game about once per sim week, and this helps quite a bit with the lagging issues. I use Nraas Master Controller to do this. (Town Hall > nraas > Master Controller > Town > Reset Everything).

Another thing that causes lagging is routing issues on the map, and sims getting stuck. Reset all cleans them up, too. If you don't want to reset everything, you can start out by just resetting all the sims in town, using the cheat `resetsim *`. If you play using one of the EA worlds, you can find edited maps that fix a lot of the routing issues. Here is a list of various routing fixes: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/ea-worlds-corrected.html

Also, there are some very good tips on dealing with lagginess here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 7:21 PM, FreakyRufus said:

This sounds like an issue with stuck objects. Basically, over time, objects that have scripts can get stuck in a weird state. Whenever timers fire off in the game to check on things, all the stuck objects take longer to process and the game lags for a bit. Once all the scripts are done, the game will run smoothly for a bit.

I try to reset everything in my game about once per sim week, and this helps quite a bit with the lagging issues. I use Nraas Master Controller to do this. (Town Hall > nraas > Master Controller > Town > Reset Everything).

Another thing that causes lagging is routing issues on the map, and sims getting stuck. Reset all cleans them up, too. If you don't want to reset everything, you can start out by just resetting all the sims in town, using the cheat `resetsim *`. If you play using one of the EA worlds, you can find edited maps that fix a lot of the routing issues. Here is a list of various routing fixes: https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2014/02/ea-worlds-corrected.html

Also, there are some very good tips on dealing with lagginess here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Lags-amp-Freezes/td-p/646

Thanks for your advices.but i think i found my issue.

The issue was a weather mod  i had used.i noticed that if i use a weather mod within a world that has already weather mod in it.they conflict.this is the point i must pay attention.

• 3 weeks later...

Have you simply tried to dramatically increase your Page File Size?

I had severe lag in the beginning and after some research found the only thing I could do (aside from buying a newer computer - Vista) was to manually set the Page File to 8 or 10 Gigabytes.  You need at least that much HD space + 10% of Drive capacity Free to use this method - SSD's work best. Wouldn't know how to do this on your machine though...

There is also turning off "Services" from Task Manager that are not essential - eliminate any and all services and programs that are not required to play the game and operate basic computer things. Don't attempt this if you don't understand and have no experience with this section - don't fry your computer.

Basically turning your computer into a dedicated Sims-sentric Gaming machine. Without unnecessary services biting off little slices of the time (they share) your machine has nothing to do but serve The Sims 3 Game. This maximizes your machines possibilities - it doesn't help with the way the games core was written or how congested it becomes as you play the game.

Aside from

• tweaking the machine as above,
  • keeping the game caches cleaned according to directions,
  • have only a few (if any) objects in your "Downloads" folder (Worlds, etc.),
  • Have only "necessary" package files in use for the game you are playing,
  • and be sure your DCCache and DCBackup (each) is below 2 GB in size...
  • making sure you don't have any Mod duplicates (only one of each)
  • No Sim2 or Sim4 stuff, no corrupt, or other conflicts between Mods (Delphy)
  • And once in a while clean or reset your world using NRaas Tools.

That's all you can do as far as I'm aware.

Dedicate the machine to the Sims 3 game.

Keep the stuff you put in it clean, simple, and minimalistic (less is better). You can have your world decorated like crazy - but if you're looking for "Action" and interaction - don't eat up the computers processing time with animated or functional decoration.  KISS - Keep It Simple... S.....

Good Luck.

• 1 month later...

Archived