Removing single animations from packs before running FNIS?

Nymra

Hi,

I just wanted to ask if it is possible to savely remove single animations from an animations pack BEFORE running FNIS? 

That way I hope to tailor my animations more to my needs and at the same time beeing able to have more of the animations I want. 

Activating or deactivating whole packs in MO is kind of sad, because I often lose 2-3 animations I really like...

In other words: can I delete HKX files from animation packs without breaking something? 

21 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

If you just delete the .hkx you'll end up with consistence issues in FNIS. If you change the .txt file directly, and rerun FNIS for Modders, it should work (for non-SLAL packs), but your JSON still won't match for SLAL packs.

So, the best way, I believe, would be to modify the SLAnim source file and rerun the AnimGenerate python to get the right json and txt, and then run FNIS for Modders to generate the correct behavior file, and then FNIS for users...

yikes! So much for easy solutions, hehe. On the other hand, it does not sound too complex, I just have no experience with the process you described. But I still think it could be worth while to dig into it. Thank you so far :)

Yes, and it's not that much work. I figured out how to do it through trial and error when I bumped up into the animation limit, but had tons of disabled animations I never used. So, you need to delete the animation meshes, then edit the associated animation pack text file by deleting the reference to the animations you removed. You can find the relevant files in data/meshes/actors and data/meshes/actors/character/animations/(pack name)/(pack name).txt 

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Archived