How do you remove clothes in CAS?

Shiori栞

I edited my naked outfit in CAS, but now I have no idea how to remove the bottoms I equipped. There seems to be no Remove button. Even hitting Delete won't do anything. How do I remove something from a naked outfit so I am wearing nothing at all?

I read something about To reset your Sims back to the nude state when showering, "Plan Outfit" and set all the clothing in each category back to EAxis defaults. from Here, but I see literally no way to do that.

Please tell me I am not eternally stuck having to wear something when naked now. Also, wearing a nude bottom is not what I'm looking for, I just want to revert naked to...naked.

Oops...I think I may have misunderstood how nudity works. I used NRaas Master Controller to remove the nude outfit entirely, then chose the option Get Naked. That spawned a new nude outfit, so I checked it out in CAS, and it was using the nude top and bottom. Apparently it doesn't remove all clothes, it simply equips these nude clothes.

I loaded an older save and verified in CAS that the nude outfit I had before messing up was using these nude clothes too. Looks like I answered my own question. I really thought naked meant wearing nothing at all, but I guess that's not true.

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2018 at 3:03 AM, Shiori栞 said:

I used NRaas Master Controller to remove the nude outfit entirely, then chose the option Get Naked.

What I normally do to edit the nude outfit is to make the sim get naked and then use Master Controller > Stylist while they are nude. Also, if you don't have a mod installed that has an action to get a sim nude, you can have them take a shower or bath and use MC on them once they strip down to bathe.

10 minutes ago, FreakyRufus said:

What I normally do to edit the nude outfit is to make the sim get naked and then use Master Controller > Stylist while they are nude. Also, if you don't have a mod installed that has an action to get a sim nude, you can have them take a shower or bath and use MC on them once they strip down to bathe.

Yeah I do that too, but when she got nude she was wearing the bottoms I equipped, and there is no 'remove' option for bottoms on a nude skin. I always thought there was an actual "nude" but once you have a nude mod installed, the nude bottom texture will always be used like any other clothing in the bottoms category so I literally had to equip the nude bottom mod.

I was confused cuz without a mod the base game removes clothing, without it using a mod file. I thought it was possible for me to manually do the same thing, but no, there is no way to Remove bottoms from the nude outfit so my only option was to equip the nude bottom mod.

Deleting the nude skin with NRass, then choosing Get Naked simply equipped the nude bottom (and top) for me, and that's how I knew it was the only option.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a good example of how understanding the mechanics can teach you to deal with other issues that may arise.

An example for me was copying outfits between categories which didn't support certain items, which in effect caused the same issues. Another would be accessories like the burglar mask which was supposed to be a hidden item only used by the criminal profession while in career outfit.

Thank the gods for Master Controller, and the plug-in: Dresser

Some players don't know all outfits are 'flagged' to be used in outfit selection with regards to: everyday, sleepwear, etc. and upsetting this hierarchy with mods can leave one dumbfounded. Using Sims 3 Package Editor (S3PE) allows you to change the flags, and master controller/CAS menu can make anything wearable, in any context by anyone, any gender, any age.

Archived