Only gags and blindfolds don't show up

I've installed the latest versions of DDx, DDi, and DDa using MO, built everything including morphs in Bodyslide, started a new game, and it all works a treat...

...except that gags and blindfolds don't show up. At all. They're invisible on characters. They work, but they can't be seen.

What I've tried:

- Removing all mods except the Devious Devices mods and requirements

- Re-downloading, re-installing, and re-building the mods with Bodyslide

- Starting a new game on a stripped-down system with only DDx, DDi, DDa, DCL, and their requirements

Same result every time: everything works except that gags and blindfolds are always invisible. All other devious devices show up normally.

I'm using CBBE Curvy with no customization. 

What's weird is if I download old versions of DDx, DDi, and DDa and install them, all devices including gaggs and blindfolds show up normally and work. But DDi and DDx 4.1? No dice. Or rather, no blindfolds and no gags.

13 hours ago, turtle_writes said:

I've installed the latest versions of DDx, DDi, and DDa using MO, built everything including morphs in Bodyslide, started a new game, and it all works a treat...

...except that gags and blindfolds don't show up. At all. They're invisible on characters. They work, but they can't be seen.

What I've tried:

- Removing all mods except the Devious Devices mods and requirements

- Re-downloading, re-installing, and re-building the mods with Bodyslide

- Starting a new game on a stripped-down system with only DDx, DDi, DDa, DCL, and their requirements

Same result every time: everything works except that gags and blindfolds are always invisible. All other devious devices show up normally.

I'm using CBBE Curvy with no customization. 

What's weird is if I download old versions of DDx, DDi, and DDa and install them, all devices including gaggs and blindfolds show up normally and work. But DDi and DDx 4.1? No dice. Or rather, no blindfolds and no gags.

What race is your character?

Okay, after days of frustration, I've discovered something:

The newest version of DDa will not work with Mod Organizer.

I uninstalled Mod Organizer, installed Vortex, reinstalled the Devious Devices mods...gags and blindfolds work fine.

Uninstalled Vortex, installed Mod Organizer, reinstalled Devious Devices...no gags, no blindfolds.

I uninstalled Mod Organizer again, installed Vortex again, reinstalled the Devious Devices mods...gags and blindfolds work fine again.

There's something wrong with DDa and MO. It affects only the most recent version of DDa; older versions of DDa work just fine.

Maybe you have some unnecessary files in your Skyrim\Data\ folder? If you use MO, only files you need there are what Steam installs (master files), SKSE and ENBoost. MO itself needs to be elsewhere. I assume Vortex works with virtual directory too, so there's no reason to uninstall either one when testing, because their testing environments are strictly isolated from eachother.

So if you ever used NMM you propably forgot to clean up the mess it had made in Data.

18 hours ago, turtle_writes said:

Okay, after days of frustration, I've discovered something:

The newest version of DDa will not work with Mod Organizer.

I uninstalled Mod Organizer, installed Vortex, reinstalled the Devious Devices mods...gags and blindfolds work fine.

Uninstalled Vortex, installed Mod Organizer, reinstalled Devious Devices...no gags, no blindfolds.

I uninstalled Mod Organizer again, installed Vortex again, reinstalled the Devious Devices mods...gags and blindfolds work fine again.

There's something wrong with DDa and MO. It affects only the most recent version of DDa; older versions of DDa work just fine.

Been using DDA under MO for years, old versions and the current one.

Obviously you did something else wrong and reloading everything fixed it.

Since it's working though, just enjoy it and don't worry about what might have been wrong.  Pointless to worry about it now.

On 10/30/2018 at 2:16 AM, turtle_writes said:

Sounds pretty much impossible since DDa wasn't upgraded in years, however i once had a similar problem and while i couldn't find the reason, i found a workaround that might work for you too and allow you to keep using MO:

-create a new folder within MO/mods

-make a copy of the meshes & texture folder from DDa and put them into your new folder

-refresh MO and activate your new folder

I'm not sure right now if DDa contains any stuff that needs bodyslide, but in case make sure your body slide output overwrites your new folder and you should be good to go. And yes, this essentially means you have those files installed twice (in MO, only once in game, though) which shouldn't be necessary at all and it doesn'tt make much sense it works as far as i can tell, but it once did for me, so... might be worth a try.