Love and Hate- Why do so Many People feel BOTH for Each Other?

KoolHndLuke

58 minutes ago, BWithLola said:

Why do people feel anything at all? It's biochemistry baby! If you want my view on "love and hate", I think people have a pretty weird notion of what "hate" is. For example, if I really, really dislike someone, I want nothing to do with them. I don't want to bug them or hurt them in any way, I just want nothing to do with them. I don't care about them at all.

Hate on the other hand, at least most people's idea of it seems to be more of an obsession and for that reason, I think it has a lot in common with love. Hate is basically the same as love, except instead of wanting to cause pleasure for the other person, you want to cause pain. And with that being said, I hate absolutely nobody.

I could go on and on about a certain tribe of people and their obsessive fixation upon shutting their oppositional counterparts down via institutional chauvinism and supremacy, but we all know about that shit already.

Hate requires a certain expenditure of energy. Love is pretty fucking easy, actually.

• 10 months later...

Archived