Game won't start

Kain82

I reinstalled FO4 yesterday and modded it today.  I haven't installed AAF and any other sex mods yet.  But I wanted test the game with the mods I installed.  Whenever I start the game it goes up to the main menu when I start a new game it goes into infinite loading.

Here are the mods currently installed.  The ones with the number one next to them are the active ones.

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Knockout Framework.esm=0
Robot Home Defence.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
CBBE.esp=1
HN66Fo4_Nails.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
NoraSpouse.esp=1
BrightStartlight.esp=1
BTInteriors_Project.esp=0
BTInt_Optimization.esp=0
FO4LaserBolts - InstituteRed.esp=1
FO4LaserBolts.esp=1
Mama Murphy.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Armorsmith All DLCs Patch.esp=1
Synth Overhaul.esp=1
Synth Overhaul - White Patch.esp=1
Ada2Human.esp=1
DiverseChildren.esp=1
Mama Murphys Chair Redone.esp=1
ImprovedBoS.esp=1
FALLOUT4WT.esp=1
AWKCR - Mod Power Armor Engine Glitch Fix.esp=1
ChineseStealthSuit.esp=1
NukaRadBans.esp=1
TERABusinessCasual.esp=1
TERACastanicHA15.esp=1
TERAChristmasOutfits.esp=1
TERAKynaArmor.esp=1
TERANurseUniform.esp=1
TERAPirate.esp=1
TERAPunk.esp=1
TERARogue.esp=1
TERASwimwear.esp=1
Brotherhood of Steel Kit.esp=1
NanotechWaterpump_FoodWaterHappy.esp=1
Institute Heavy Weaponry.esp=1
AS_Institute_Workstations.esp=1
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - V81.esp=1
Stm_DiamondCityExpansion.esp=1
Eli_Armour_Compendium.esp=1
Eli Armor Compendium AE Patch.esp=1
Eli_MarlboroughHouse.esp=1
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - Prydwen.esp=1
SuperMutantOverhaul.esp=0
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp=1
Eli_Rockin Red Rocket.esp=0
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul  - The Castle.esp=1
StarlightPrecalc.esp=0
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp=0
BunkerHillMinPatrol.esp=1
Eli_Faction Housing Overhaul - Railroad HQ.esp=1
SettlementTeleporters.esp=1
BostonAirport_WorkshopFix.esp=1
Scavenged NCR Armor.esp=1
Consistent Power Armor Overhaul.esp=1
HomePlateConnected.esp=1
ImprovedBoS_FH.esp=1
ImprovedBoS-Automatron.esp=1
BoS Pilot Uniform.esp=1
BetterSynthRelayGrenadesNoSquads.esp=1
BuyPaInstitute.esp=1
zBSRGSynthFactionsNoSquads.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
HC_InstituteFastTravelDLC.esp=1
Dogmeat  A True Companion.esp=0
NoraSpouseV101LooksMenuAddon.esp=1
IP4APA.esp=1
RobotFactionPaint.esp=1
IMG_Castle_Wall_Patches.esp=1
Enough About the Settlements Preston.esp=1
Minuteman_CB.esp=1
EvilViking13_MinutemenMorale.esp=1
MMP4APA-blue.esp=1
ProvisionerUniform.esp=1
Artillery_Grenade.esp=1
el_AgentOutfit.esp=1
Expanded Railway Rifle Mods.esp=1
Railroad Brown.esp=1
railroad_uniform.esp=1
RRP4APA.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
jdmSofaSurfer.esp=1
Splinterz.esp=1
EFF.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
Lots More Facial Hair.esp=1
Lots More Male Hairstyles.esp=1
KSHairdos_oel.esp=1
Tri-Companion 2 NewCurie.esp=1
Tri-Companion 2 Cait.esp=1
MiscHairstyle.esp=1
goodlooking piper v1.esp=0
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
Eli_Better Bobblehead Sorting.esp=1
Sit anywhere sad.esp=0
Sit anywhere.esp=1
BrahminFeederFull.esp=1
DD_bobblehead_stands.esp=1
ESPExplorerFO4.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
THBrows.esp=1
FRDZ_Piper.2F1E.esp=1
LMBTOverlays.esp=1
LooksMirror.esp=1
BasementLiving.esp=0
SSEX.esp=1
AdvBubbleTurretSet-Real.esp=1
NPC Spawner.esp=1
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_SimTowers_JtBryant.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Foundations_JtBryant.esp=1
SimSettlements_AddOnPack_Utilities_JtBryant.esp=1
Snap'n Build - reinitialize fix.esp=1
SnB_Structures_Fix.esp=1
Snap'n Build - craftable holo-tape.esp=1
NoVanillaRadiantDLCLocations.esp=1
NSA All-in-One.esp=1
NSA DLCCoast.esp=1
NSA DLCNukaWorld.esp=1
NSA DLCRobot.esp=1
NSA DLCworkshop01.esp=1
railroad_uniform_leveledList.esp=0
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
StartMeUp.esp=1
StartMeUpFarHarborPatch.esp=1
TheoN_v2.esp=0

I assume it has to due with an outdated F4SE mod, but I bon't know which one.  I've updated the "Looksmenu" and "MCM" mods.  But other than those I don't know.

Any help would be much appreciated. :)

I have terrible trouble with fallout 4 same happened to me. have got it running except now it runs like a snail. Impossible to play. What I think is they may have updated Fallout 4 to run only at 4k meaning it will now not run unless you have 4K. Apparently at Bethesda they test at 4 k . I noticed I no longer have the display compatibility to run Fallout 4. I have got on to Nvida who have just updated their drivers included to RX cards. I run An Nvida 1050TI 4G. 16G MEMORY SSD DUAL CORE all 32 core running and can not run 64 bit games any more.

1 hour ago, Karen1965 said:

I have terrible trouble with fallout 4 same happened to me. have got it running except now it runs like a snail. Impossible to play. What I think is they may have updated Fallout 4 to run only at 4k meaning it will now not run unless you have 4K. Apparently at Bethesda they test at 4 k . I noticed I no longer have the display compatibility to run Fallout 4. I have got on to Nvida who have just updated their drivers included to RX cards. I run An Nvida 1050TI 4G. 16G MEMORY SSD DUAL CORE all 32 core running and can not run 64 bit games any more.

I'm sorry to hear that.  But I've been doing some troubleshooting and though I am not done yet.  I've noticed that the mods that cause the infinite loading screen.  For example the Ada2Human and Nora Spouse Companion mods won't load.  The mod "Enough about the Settlements Preston."  Which deals with Preston doesn't load.  Lastly the mod "Everyone's best friend" which is about Dogmeat won't load.  I have looked for updates and I have the latest versions.  I do have AAF and it's required mods installed this time.  And aside from any mods that deal with companions or add new npc's the game seems to load fine. 

Does anyone know why this is?  Cause a couple of months ago I ran the troublesome mods and they ran fine.

@Karen1965:  Did you reinstall the game recently?  If so you have the option not to download the HD texture pack provided by Bethesda.  Your graphics card is far superior to mine, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 4 gb of memory, and am able to start the game when not using the troublesome mods I posted.  I doubt Bethesda would permanently bump up the textures without the option to uninstall the textures alienating their fanbase.  There would be an outcry.

Modders tend to make the bitmaps for their mods in 4K. (4068 x 4068) Why they do this is a mystery, because 4k isn't even supported.

?

Another thing that modders tend to do is make mods when they have other people's mods installed.

BAD IDEA.

Mods should ALWAYS be made on a fresh install of the game.

?

3 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Modders tend to make the bitmaps for their mods in 4K. (4068 x 4068) Why they do this is a mystery, because 4k isn't even supported.

?

Another thing that modders tend to do is make mods when they have other people's mods installed.

BAD IDEA.

Mods should ALWAYS be made on a fresh install of the game.

?

That is some good advice for both new and old new modders.

As for me I will continue checking which mods work and which don't.  it is weird that mostly mods that add or alter companions, or mods that alter npc's like "Synth Overhaul" are causing the problems.

Okay I got the Nora companion and "Everyone's Best Friend" to work by extracting their BA2 files.  The following mods do not work still.  "Ada2Human", "All Sim Settlements Addon's", "Homemaker",  and worst of all "Crazy's and Leito's Animation mods", along with "Atomic Lust" and the "AAF Patches."   The master files for  "Sim Settlements", "Homemaker", and "AAF" all load fine.  It's the mods that depend on them that causes the infinite loading screen.

Do you guys think I should reinstall FO4?  I validated the files through Steam.  But do you think a reinstall is in order?

Success!  I got "Crazy's and Leito's animations mods", along with "Atomic Lust" and the "AAF Patches" to work.  I had forgotten to add the patch that let's you select what actor type.  "Still nedd to figure out the Settlement mods, as well as "Ada2Human, and Everybody's Best Friend mods", along with "Enough with the settlement attacks Preston."  This last mod is a must have for me since I hate Preston and his damn missions.

Okay so I did a full uninstall and reinstall last night and added all the mods I previously used except Snap N Build.  All the mods load except for the "Ada2Human" mod.  Which is too bad cause she's cute.  But oh well at least I can play the game now.

I finally got Fallout 4 to work using MSI Afterburner.. for unknown reasons fallout was only detecting my on board graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. Installing F4SE did detect starting FO4 game then ran (with huge stuttering problem)  still had detection problem with steam. I should say no mods at this time installed just straight FO4. MSI Afterburner made Steam detect correct Graphic card displaying the correct display. there is still a problem with with low setting where by the game runs to a black screen not even loading. You know it has failed as soon as the blue swirly thing snaps to the center of your screen. Modder's should really understand that most of us can afford GTX 2050 graphics cards or TV's or 4K monitors giving the steep  price of them.  I am using vortex at the moment finding there are limits to what mods are supported. SG hair to name one.  On the whole I do find Vortex once I started to understand it, finding is very stable though I have had to use NMM as a surrogate at times. I fixed all stutter with a few nexus mods then FO4 ran like a dream best its ever run.  Thanks mainly to Afterburner.   

53 minutes ago, Karen1965 said:

I finally got Fallout 4 to work using MSI Afterburner.. for unknown reasons fallout was only detecting my on board graphics and not my Nvidia 1050ti. Installing F4SE did detect starting FO4 game then ran (with huge stuttering problem)  still had detection problem with steam. I should say no mods at this time installed just straight FO4. MSI Afterburner made Steam detect correct Graphic card displaying the correct display. there is still a problem with with low setting where by the game runs to a black screen not even loading. You know it has failed as soon as the blue swirly thing snaps to the center of your screen. Modder's should really understand that most of us can afford GTX 2050 graphics cards or TV's or 4K monitors giving the steep  price of them.  I am using vortex at the moment finding there are limits to what mods are supported. SG hair to name one.  On the whole I do find Vortex once I started to understand it, finding is very stable though I have had to use NMM as a surrogate at times. I fixed all stutter with a few nexus mods then FO4 ran like a dream best its ever run.  Thanks mainly to Afterburner.   

I am glad you got the game running, but am surprised you had so much trouble since your graphics card has a lot of memory.  I too have the problem of games detecting only the Intel card and not the NVIDIA.  When I first launched FO4 it set my settings to low.  Knowing that my card surpasses the recommended specs, I set the game to ultra without the HD pack and it runs fine.  As for mods that use 4k or higher texture packs.  They usually have 1k or 2k versions.  2k is the default texture size used by Bethesda.

fallout 4 cant detect my nvidia 750 TI either even though it should be higher then lowest settings. i think it just the way fallout launcher is setup. if it detects 550 TI then 750 TI is better version then that. Also it seem that the patch indeed made allot of changes when i was first forced to reinstall steam it also forced the newest update of fallout 4 it took me while to even get fallout 4 to even load up. it seem i either forgot or something messed up and now it forced me to change the exe to run in admin mode first time and after that fallout 4 would run normally again on my system i was pretty pissed at first since i thought nothing worked anymore and the was just broke and wont even load at all it will just load and sent right back to desktop without even a warning screen. 

This is very bad way to even trouble shoot something since this was now clean fallout 4 verison without any mods at all installed even the ini was clean version newly made after trying to detect my system.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:27 PM, Karen1965 said:

Ok, this is weird.........

I use MSI stuff EXCLUSIVELY.........Hell, even my mouse is MSI.....!!!

I've not had this problem..........EVER.

WTF?

?

Archived