When I play as a male character I can't seem to get anyone pregnant, but as a female character I can get pregnant

Sylic3

12 hours ago, Sylic3 said:

I don't know if the mod or me is doing something wrong

At first i thought the same, and i can't even say its just you anymore, i've messed with the mod's code too much for it to be the same thing as it used to.

Though, if you feel that way, check if "compatible mates" is enabled, and if the fertility percentage is at least 0.5 (50%).

So i'm having the same issue but when i enable it and change the percentage the gamecrashes and no longer boots up until i revert the changes or delete the API itself

6 hours ago, TheAscendant said:

So i'm having the same issue but when i enable it and change the percentage the gamecrashes and no longer boots up until i revert the changes or delete the API itself

Well, i didn't say to enable it, but yeah, that was not supposed to happen. Unless you accidentally removed a comma or period somewhere. (The code is EXTREMELY sensitive to change)

At any rate, if you're having these issues and feel like finding if you indeed derped somewhere in the code, you can check the starbound.log file yourself, and at the bottom there should be a clear error log from Sexbound, stating line and letter, where the error was caused. That is, if you're willing to fiddle with the code yourself.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

At first i thought the same, and i can't even say its just you anymore, i've messed with the mod's code too much for it to be the same thing as it used to.

Though, if you feel that way, check if "compatible mates" is enabled, and if the fertility percentage is at least 0.5 (50%).

Are you planning on releasing another unofficial update? Also, I am using your unofficial update 

15 minutes ago, Sylic3 said:

Are you planning on releasing another unofficial update? Also, I am using your unofficial update 

Planning, yes. I plan to keep going until 3.0/2.7 hits. Took a break because the creator had seemingly returned, but we haven't had a update in over a month, and i've personally managed to add 1 position-- so why stop there? Would really like some more conditional structure in the API to allow for some more neat things, but for now, i guess i can make do with what we have.

Have been having to make the Position 4 sprites for all races, and trouble-shoot them to make sure all variants are showing up, and properly. Remaking the sprites takes longer than i thought, i must admit.

But hey, this is not the topic to keep blabbering about that. If the pregnancy code isn't working for you guys, share the logs, give pointers, etc.

32 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Planning, yes. I plan to keep going until 3.0/2.7 hits. Took a break because the creator had seemingly returned, but we haven't had a update in over a month, and i've personally managed to add 1 position-- so why stop there? Would really like some more conditional structure in the API to allow for some more neat things, but for now, i guess i can make do with what we have.

Have been having to make the Position 4 sprites for all races, and trouble-shoot them to make sure all variants are showing up, and properly. Remaking the sprites takes longer than i thought, i must admit.

But hey, this is not the topic to keep blabbering about that. If the pregnancy code isn't working for you guys, share the logs, give pointers, etc.

Understanable, anywho here is my .log in a pastebin, this is when I enabled compatible mates. 

And this .log was when compatible mates was disabled

36 minutes ago, Sylic3 said:

Understanable, anywho here is my .log in a pastebin, this is when I enabled compatible mates. 

And this .log was when compatible mates was disabled

So, in the Compatible-mates: on, did it just crash there...? I don't seem to have found any Sexbound related errors, only one error without proper source, and it would direct to this line...

image.png.32adddf72af9dd97ca591ba9d0467cd1.png

And another one that would direct to the line above...

Which wouldn't make sense for it to be the cause of a crash. As far as i know, Compatible mates WAS working. Never turned it on though. So, yeah, it seems to me that, if Compatiblemates being on is breaking it, then its best to leave it off. On another note, tons of TF2 related errors there. Nothing game-breaking apparently.

This line was a good one though. image.png.acf0aaea5f71fe50a6457e8f7c05927d.png

Anyway, everything seems to be working, at least for you. Usual "nil" on "sb_npc" from using the bow, but that's "normal" if it still works. Gotta get TheAscendant to send a log, see what came of his crash.

2 minutes ago, red3dred said:

So, in the Compatible-mates: on, did it just crash there...? I don't seem to have found any Sexbound related errors, only one error without proper source, and it would direct to this line...

image.png.32adddf72af9dd97ca591ba9d0467cd1.png

And another one that would direct to the line above...

Which wouldn't make sense for it to be the cause of a crash. As far as i know, Compatible mates WAS working. Never turned it on though. So, yeah, it seems to me that, if Compatiblemates being on is breaking it, then its best to leave it off. On another note, tons of TF2 related errors there. Nothing game-breaking apparently.

This line was a good one though. image.png.acf0aaea5f71fe50a6457e8f7c05927d.png

Anyway, everything seems to be working, at least for you. Usual "nil" on "sb_npc" from using the bow, but that's "normal" if it still works. Gotta get TheAscendant to send a log, see what came of his crash.

The TF2 stuff is from the MannCoStore mod from the steam workshop. I'm not having any crashes, it just that I can't get anyone pregnant. Yet, other NPCs and my female characters can get pregnant. I had compatible-mates on and off with 99% fertility. 

13 minutes ago, Sylic3 said:

The TF2 stuff is from the MannCoStore mod from the steam workshop. I'm not having any crashes, it just that I can't get anyone pregnant. Yet, other NPCs and my female characters can get pregnant. I had compatible-mates on and off with 99% fertility. 

That sounds to me like something's not working as it should in the code... albeit, my version, as i said, is much different, broken af custom, and out of curiosity, i'll have to download the current Sexbound code and look at it. There have been too many users reporting problems unlike before the re-uploads.

13 minutes ago, red3dred said:

That sounds to me like something's not working as it should in the code... albeit, my version, as i said, is much different, broken af custom, and out of curiosity, i'll have to download the current Sexbound code and look at it. There have been too many users reporting problems unlike before the re-uploads.

So should I just redownload og Sexbound 2.5.0 and install that and see how that goes?

Edit: Alright I did just that, I removed MannCoStore mod and got another thing of Sexbound 2.5.0 here is the log

So crash wise its stopped i realized what was wrong and that was yeah the comma bit. But still nothing happens if I enable combatability or multiple. I tried changing the rate chance from 0.5, 0.75 and 0.95 and still nothing

Well, time for a quick QA. I've poked around the Sexbound code and haven't found any differences other than the ones i enforced; so i gotta ask a few questions:

1. Have you folks been clicking the left-side curved bar after its half-full to cause Actor1 to climax? --If you're male, interacting with a female will automatically put you as Actor1 (Left bar) while as a female interacting with a male, you'll automatically be put as Actor2 (Right bar; The only that should get pregnant from interactions). NPC's automatically climax at any point past the minimum to do so.

2. If yes to the previous question, is there a small freeze, or a stutter when that happens?

3. Have you tried both with the AphroditesBow and using any enabled Bed?

4. What about the specifics; NPC species, type and zone. These aren't too important, but might help.
3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, time for a quick QA. I've poked around the Sexbound code and haven't found any differences other than the ones i enforced; so i gotta ask a few questions:

1. Have you folks been clicking the left-side curved bar after its half-full to cause Actor1 to climax? --If you're male, interacting with a female will automatically put you as Actor1 (Left bar) while as a female interacting with a male, you'll automatically be put as Actor2 (Right bar; The only that should get pregnant from interactions). NPC's automatically climax at any point past the minimum to do so.

2. If yes to the previous question, is there a small freeze, or a stutter when that happens?

3. Have you tried both with the AphroditesBow and using any enabled Bed?

4. What about the specifics; NPC species, type and zone. These aren't too important, but might help.

1. I had no idea that was a thing so no

3. I have used a colony deed to get the npc to sleep on a wooden bed and I have used AphroditesBow

4. I've have done it with Humans and Avians both on planet and on ship. For the planet and ship I let my character rest on the bed and I went AFK for a while and have came back to no news of pregnancy. When I use AphroditesBow I just go afk and let the thing run it's course. 

EDIT: So I found out that forced climaxing fixes the issue. Thanks for the help though!

Archived