Sexy Vanilla Armors Circulated in Skyrim (CIS)

1 hour ago, Nretsmah said:

Once I get the Tera armors you linked working correctly, I'll test it out and make sure that it includes male and female models. I'll certainly release a Girls Heavy patch, since it won't take (nearly) as much time as Sexy Vanilla Armor (even with enchanted armor). I'll double check Girl Heavy's stats and values, as to make sure they match up with vanilla gear. I still got some work to do though with my first CIS patch. I want to add DLC support. I'm not sure how long it'll take, but I'm eager to update my patch to "Version 2.0". I've seen scripts just like that one, but I think that they can be a little sketchy. They are a nice quick fix, but I don't think anything beats "hand-work". I foresee some really unbalanced gear that can result from scripts haha.

yea of course all by hand is best :) but i can imagine doing another set as big as sexy vanilla would definitely benefit from some kinda of scripting ha.. i been trying to get https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85739 to work.. it seems the script it uses won't work for some reason.. the followers work the armor is crafted fine but not able ot get any of it on random npcs.. it uses a script like immersive armors but have spawned tons of random bandits and such in and see plenty of tera, sexy vanilla, immersive armors and everything else but nothing from that mod

1 hour ago, AerowynX said:

yea of course all by hand is best :) but i can imagine doing another set as big as sexy vanilla would definitely benefit from some kinda of scripting ha.. i been trying to get https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85739 to work.. it seems the script it uses won't work for some reason.. the followers work the armor is crafted fine but not able ot get any of it on random npcs.. it uses a script like immersive armors but have spawned tons of random bandits and such in and see plenty of tera, sexy vanilla, immersive armors and everything else but nothing from that mod

Actually, now that I have completed a patch for Sexy Vanilla Armors, it's possible that I will be able to expedite any future vanilla-based, standalone armor. I reckon that all I'd have to do is make a copy of some records, rename a few fields, redirect a few file locations, and remove Sexy Vanilla Armor as a master file. I'll have to give it try and see if that works. If it does, it would spare me from a great deal of copy/pasting madness. 

Bikini Maiden looks pretty feature rich. I can get behind that gear, but not so much the features. I'd rather just be able find the gear in the wild and stocked in shops. On the other hand, that's strange. Is that a problem shared by other users of the mod? Perhaps you have a bit of mod conflict. Nonetheless, I suppose I'll have to get this mod a looksy.

After testing LadyHorus' Tera armor (yes I did get it working), it looks like a good candidate for a CIS patch. There are male and female models of every armor (at least I suspect). With that in mind, it would be possible to distribute this gear without worrying about dummy models or separating outfit templates into male and female variants. Although I wouldn't call it "lore friendly", with a bit of research I'm sure one could sort of implement them in game, in the most "lore friendly" way possible. I bet that some of the gear would look good in conjunction with vanilla gear. There seems to be a trend for bright, flashy metal colors in this set of armor. This puts me under the impression that they would mesh well with steel-type armors and maybe even Elven sets.

30 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

After testing LadyHorus' Tera armor (yes I did get it working), it looks like a good candidate for a CIS patch. There are male and female models of every armor (at least I suspect). With that in mind, it would be possible to distribute this gear without worrying about dummy models or separating outfit templates into male and female variants. Although I wouldn't call it "lore friendly", with a bit of research I'm sure one could sort of implement them in game, in the most "lore friendly" way possible. I bet that some of the gear would look good in conjunction with vanilla gear. There seems to be a trend for bright, flashy metal colors in this set of armor. This puts me under the impression that they would mesh well with steel-type armors and maybe even Elven sets.

ahh nice! i do like the look of Tera armors a lot.. i did play Tera for years as well so guess that helps :)  for bikini maiden they are just using The Amazing World of Bikini mod and adding little progression out of it but even so id be happy just getting all the variations on the leveled list.. There is already a version of that same armor with list distribution called Legendary Armors Bikini it just doesn't have all the variations and I use this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72775?tab=description as a replacer anyway so guess bikini maiden is pretty unnecessary ha

22 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

ahh nice! i do like the look of Tera armors a lot.. i did play Tera for years as well so guess that helps :)  for bikini maiden they are just using The Amazing World of Bikini mod and adding little progression out of it but even so id be happy just getting all the variations on the leveled list.. There is already a version of that same armor with list distribution called Legendary Armors Bikini it just doesn't have all the variations and I use this https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72775?tab=description as a replacer anyway so guess bikini maiden is pretty unnecessary ha

I actually tried Tera a long while back, but after a few hours of game play I lost interest in the game. I enjoyed the visuals, but I don't think it's my kind of game. Perhaps I should take a look at the Amazing World of Bikini Armor. If I were to make a patch for it, you'd be able to install this mod and merge my patch somewhere to save a mod slot. Gee, those are some really great looking armors. I'll have to give that one an install and give it gander. There's a set of armor called "Bikini Ascend" that I really enjoy, but I'm not sure how I plan on distributing it (or adding enchanted variants). Although, it might not support male characters (which would limit what I can do with it in a CIS patch).

31 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

I actually tried Tera a long while back, but after a few hours of game play I lost interest in the game. I enjoyed the visuals, but I don't think it's my kind of game. Perhaps I should take a look at the Amazing World of Bikini Armor. If I were to make a patch for it, you'd be able to install this mod and merge my patch somewhere to save a mod slot. Gee, those are some really great looking armors. I'll have to give that one an install and give it gander. There's a set of armor called "Bikini Ascend" that I really enjoy, but I'm not sure how I plan on distributing it (or adding enchanted variants). Although, it might not support male characters (which would limit what I can do with it in a CIS patch).

yea Bikini Ascend is made by the same person who did Amazing World of Bikini

11 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

yea Bikini Ascend is made by the same person who did Amazing World of Bikini

Is that right? Who woulda known? I think that it would be interesting adding custom, "mini" enchantments to them. Perhaps a full set of bikini armor would be equivalent to a full set of non-bikini armor. Bikini gear would have the benefit of being a more flexible option when it comes it protection. On the other hand, if it's not male-equipable, I could see it sold in shops, found in chests or even distributed in the world. I'm sure I could make something up.

6 hours ago, Nretsmah said:

Is that right? Who woulda known? I think that it would be interesting adding custom, "mini" enchantments to them. Perhaps a full set of bikini armor would be equivalent to a full set of non-bikini armor. Bikini gear would have the benefit of being a more flexible option when it comes it protection. On the other hand, if it's not male-equipable, I could see it sold in shops, found in chests or even distributed in the world. I'm sure I could make something up.

yea Nisetanaka made all those http://mod.dysintropi.me/nisetanaka/ for some reason they left nexus so that's why ascend isn't added as part of the amazing world collection..  Also all of Nisetanakas work looks like it has a male model reference to it from what I have seen

5 hours ago, AerowynX said:

yea Nisetanaka made all those http://mod.dysintropi.me/nisetanaka/ for some reason they left nexus so that's why ascend isn't added as part of the amazing world collection..  Also all of Nisetanakas work looks like it has a male model reference to it from what I have seen

That would explain why I'm not very knowledgeable regarding his work. And if that's the case, there will definitely be a CIS patch for his armor.

21 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

been looking all around at different replacers i actually like this one https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69562?tab=description over the sexy vanilla.. think might just copy the meshes over from this one to sexy vanilla so can still use your esp :) I still like TMB one the best overall but wanna have a bit of variety of course:)...

Ah! I know this one. I actually use that as my replacer, since (at least to my knowledge) it just about covers everything. I've thought about making a patch for it like Sexy Vanilla, but it wouldn't serve me any purpose since I use this set of armor as my replacer. I'm looking into ways that I can expedite the process (at the very least I already have a repository of vanilla item IDs). I'm going to try making a patch for Girl Heavy armor today, and experiment with a few ideas.

2 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

nice! heavy girls looks nice would be a welcomed addition to my leveled list for sure looking forward to your patch:)

So I've done a little bit of testing, and it looks like I might be able to avoid a great deal of work in future vanilla armor-based releases of CIS patches. Using Sexy Vanilla Armor CIS as a template, I was able to make a copy of records and replace their target meshes. If this works 100%, that'll be pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I won't be able to expedite CIS patches for non-vanilla based gear as easily, as they will need to be carefully distributed to prevent unbalanced spawns.

I'm plan to discontinue Outfit Template replacers in CIS patches, allowing them to play nicer with other mods. (and other CIS patches) This will mean that many NPCs will not be seen with distributed gear. To circumvent this, I might provide outfit template replacers designed to allow one or more CIS patches to play together nicely.

7 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

So I've done a little bit of testing, and it looks like I might be able to avoid a great deal of work in future vanilla armor-based releases of CIS patches. Using Sexy Vanilla Armor CIS as a template, I was able to make a copy of records and replace their target meshes. If this works 100%, that'll be pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I won't be able to expedite CIS patches for non-vanilla based gear as easily, as they will need to be carefully distributed to prevent unbalanced spawns.

I'm plan to discontinue Outfit Template replacers in CIS patches, allowing them to play nicer with other mods. (and other CIS patches) This will mean that many NPCs will not be seen with distributed gear. To circumvent this, I might provide outfit template replacers designed to allow one or more CIS patches to play together nicely.

mator smash handles merging outfit records perfectly but for someone who doesn't use mator smash i can see that being an issue as it will just use the last outfit record in your mod order

1 minute ago, Pfiffy said:

Tera armours are not my style, but it is one of the armour sets, that come with male variants for every armor added. In most cases the armor packs just add some female only stuff. 

I might have to agree with you there. Personally, Tera armors just clash too much with Skyrim's other apparel. From my testing, it looks as though there are male and female variants of every armor, which is pretty sweet. It's somewhat frustrating how many published armor packs don't cater to male characters. Although I don't usually play male characters, a lack of male variants makes distributing gear into leveled lists a little problematic. 

Even if I were to restrict said armors to vendors or lootable objects, users with mods that allow NPCs to "auto loot" could result in male NPCs equipping gear they shouldn't be equipping, resulting invisible bodies. I tend to stay away from armor packs without male and female variants (or at least male "dummy" variants).

Going back to Tera armors, although they aren't really my style, I'll probably make a patch for them at some point. I'll probably have to do some research or consult someone who plays Tera before distributing them, so that it'll (maybe) make sense who's equipping them.

6 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

mator smash handles merging outfit records perfectly but for someone who doesn't use mator smash i can see that being an issue as it will just use the last outfit record in your mod order

I haven't heard of Mator Smash, I'll have to look into that. Perhaps it's a mod that I should suggest in CIS patch descriptions. For people not using this mod, I think that I will distribute outfit template replacers separately, just in case.

6 minutes ago, Nretsmah said:

I haven't heard of Mator Smash, I'll have to look into that. Perhaps it's a mod that I should suggest in CIS patch descriptions. For people not using this mod, I think that I will distribute outfit template replacers separately, just in case.

mator smash is pretty essential tool imho it has a dual purpose of creating a bashed patch and an xedit merged patch.. it handles a good deal of records automatically so you dont' need a million compatibility patches.  For me my mod number is up past 500 with lot of merges but mator smash is essential part of keeping things working together with that many mods,

14 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

mator smash is pretty essential tool imho it has a dual purpose of creating a bashed patch and an xedit merged patch.. it handles a good deal of records automatically so you dont' need a million compatibility patches.  For me my mod number is up past 500 with lot of merges but mator smash is essential part of keeping things working together with that many mods,

Oh dear. I try to keep the number of mods I have pretty modest (>100 so far). Thanks for the link, I'll have a looksy later. I'm thinking about offering a list of "suggested mods and tools" on my mod pages, for people who are new to modding and hoping to keep their Skyrim set-ups operational.

was taking another look at The Legendary Armors Bikini mod which uses the Amazing World of Bikini armors and they didn't setup the leveled lists right..  i was wondering why i wasn't seeing a lot of the combinations ingame.. also can't get Bikini Maiden to work either so seems there is no good mod out there that incorporates Amazing World of Bikini into the leveled list and certainly not one that adds any enchanted versions.. actually just found this guess ill see if it works 

30 minutes ago, AerowynX said:

was taking another look at The Legendary Armors Bikini mod which uses the Amazing World of Bikini armors and they didn't setup the leveled lists right..  i was wondering why i wasn't seeing a lot of the combinations ingame.. also can't get Bikini Maiden to work either so seems there is no good mod out there that incorporates Amazing World of Bikini into the leveled list and certainly not one that adds any enchanted versions.. actually just found this guess ill see if it works 

That's too bad. A minor issue with distributing the Amazing World of Bikini Armor is that a full set of armor is actually made up of several pieces, rather than the standard four pieces. I'm not 100% sure how to circumvent this, but I have some ideas. I'm eager to start making a patch for this awesome set of armors, but I might have to get creative. Adding this gear to vendors and loot should be no problem. Equipping it to NPCs might have a few issues, but we'll see. I'm currently working on Girl Heavy Armors and Spunk 'n' Junk, so it might be a few days before i get to it.

the link i posted uses some scripts to distribute all the pieces and even has configurable options to set chances for each piece to actually show up.. pretty amazing script i will try it soon.. you can even configure the % chance a NPC will get the bikini armor and set it to only affect non unique enemies, or enemies+non unique friendly npcs or to all.. probably the most ideal way of doing it for a set like this with so many pieces per set.. and it even includes the bikini ascend sets

the link i posted uses some scripts to distribute all the pieces and even has configurable options to set chances for each piece to actually show up.. pretty amazing script i will try it soon.. you can even configure the % chance a NPC will get the bikini armor and set it to only affect non unique enemies, or enemies+non unique friendly npcs or to all.. probably the most ideal way of doing it for a set like this with so many pieces per set.. and it even includes the bikini ascend sets

If that's the case, I might be able to skip the Bikini armor. I gotta admit, that sounds pretty great. How's it work? Does it include enchanted variants?

1 hour ago, Nretsmah said:

If that's the case, I might be able to skip the Bikini armor. I gotta admit, that sounds pretty great. How's it work? Does it include enchanted variants?

unfortunately no enchanted variants.. it seems to work i gotta test it more but definitely was able to get it to change the guards outfits.. but even set to 100% bandits don't seem to be affected hmm

so turns out it isn't a good solution as it won't work for any added npcs that mess with outfits or anything like OBIS bandits and such

unfortunately no enchanted variants.. it seems to work i gotta test it more but definitely was able to get it to change the guards outfits.. but even set to 100% bandits don't seem to be affected hmm

so turns out it isn't a good solution as it won't work for any added npcs that mess with outfits or anything like OBIS bandits and such

Hmm, that's too bad. It'll take a little bit more work to add enchanted variants, seeing how there are many pieces of bikini gear and the need for custom enchantments. To keep enchanted bikini gear balanced, you'd have to make custom object effects with nerfed stats, or only allow bikini armor to spawn with higher-leveled loot. Ah, I might have to make a patch for mods like OBIS. I've never tried that mod, so I'm not sure yet.

9 hours ago, Nretsmah said:

Hmm, that's too bad. It'll take a little bit more work to add enchanted variants, seeing how there are many pieces of bikini gear and the need for custom enchantments. To keep enchanted bikini gear balanced, you'd have to make custom object effects with nerfed stats, or only allow bikini armor to spawn with higher-leveled loot. Ah, I might have to make a patch for mods like OBIS. I've never tried that mod, so I'm not sure yet.

Maybe just enchantments for the core pieces would be better solution like just the core 4 instead all the smaller ones