View File

This is the SE conversion of chainbeast by MTB.  download the updates last. Please see his page for more info @ 

Also attached is a WIP for wild chain beast. currently they spawn in the wild and take you to simple slavery. Turn it on in mcm.

White run also spawns at least one chain beast. 

Planning:

having chain beast in every city.

Possibly chain beast in dungeons. kind of concerned this will break the game, so nothing yet. open to the concept and ideas.

implementing future chain beast into the wild. also it will need skyrim riding styles se in the future. 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/14/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    Everything the original did
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

View File

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, Abominus said:

Thank you, but one file seems to be missing (riding style?). I found it in another thread: 

Is this the right one?

BTW, what parts do I have to download to get it working. I downloaded every file, but not each is working in Nexus...

should function with top 3 downloaded. it looks like I kinda goofed it up. manually install the esp. the 7z should work with nexus. Let me know If this helps. ill try to look at it in a few days. going to try downloading it from the start so I can guarantee the link works properly. I remember this file giving me a lot of trouble at first for some reason. 

• 3 weeks later...

It's worth noting that not all of the dependencies for this mod are properly documented:

I was able to gleem the following from the original author's posting:

HARD REQUIREMENTS:

ZAZ 7.0
FINIS
FOR DB PLUGIN ONLY - DragonBorn DLC

RECOMMENDED:
Fuz Ro Doh
SKYUI 

You will also need A. Creature framework and B. Riding styles...neither of these are implicitly mentioned but after I installed everything, NMM informed me these files were missing. Thought I might save someone else the trouble of having to uncover this themselves. Much better install instructions could have been provided here. 

• 3 months later...

Hello,I think it is a great mod.I like it.

However I have a question after using this mod.

After captured,the crawl animations doesn't work properly,it just use the usual run or walk animation.

I tried to replace these animations,but walk or run forward animation never works properly,others animations works great.

So I want to know what's the problem.Can you help me?

PS:I used the RidingStyles2 and RS2bridge,But it is still ineffective.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This version is now outdated - I've added a partial conversion of the currently latest version to the main download page

(Needs SSE ZAZ version - I used conversion of 7 from 

with its requirements and don't forget to rerun FNIS.)

• 2 weeks later...

I've run into an odd issue where the beasts won't attach themselves to NPCs (checked all boxes to be sure). In fact, they don't attack NPCs or my character unless provoked, and give up after the player is knocked down. They DO, oddly, attack the cows in riverwood, for some reason.

Also, some of the standard wolves gave me the same poison/paralysis effect, although they didn't drop a lockbox for my gear :/

I had Riding Styles 2 equipped, and it's dependencies (creature framework, jcontainers, etc)

Current

11 minutes ago, mikaalice said:

I've run into an odd issue where the beasts won't attach themselves to NPCs (checked all boxes to be sure). In fact, they don't attack NPCs or my character unless provoked, and give up after the player is knocked down. They DO, oddly, attack the cows in riverwood, for some reason.

Also, some of the standard wolves gave me the same poison/paralysis effect, although they didn't drop a lockbox for my gear :/

I had Riding Styles 2 equipped, and it's dependencies (creature framework, jcontainers, etc)

Current order:
Creatureframework (esm)
ridingstyles2
Skyrim Chainbeasts

SkyrimchainbeastsDB.esp

SkyrimchainbeastsRs2bridge

SkyrimchainbeastsRS2B

wildchainbeasts.esp

I converted "...RS2B-v0.1.6updateSE" to a 7z to plug that in to be on the safe side, but same effects

On 2/13/2019 at 12:25 AM, mikaalice said:

I've put up a partial SE port of the latest version (see post above), I recommend you try that one. (Be sure to completely uninstall previous versions and use a clean save).

phil01991 mentioned he is not playing SE anymore so likely will not be able to support/fix this version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is another mod called Wildchainbeast (could well be in this thread !) which I believe turns the critters like rabbits into chainbeasts and you'll encounter these in the open world. Or more likely, you'll see them attacking NPCs and generally causing mayhem ...

• 4 years later...