Systemfreeze during OBGE-Shaderload?

RogueMage

Reading the Eyecandy-Thread I got curious about OBGE and installed the core and the Shaderpack. Now I have a few issues here:

1. Every time I load a game the shaders seem to be initialized/loaded and my system freezes for around 13 seconds (i7, 64bit, 6GB, GTX570). Is that normal?

2. In the Inventory I have this tool to choose my shaders. I like the 'Crisis DoF'. I turn it on with shift-click. Every time I start the game I have to do this again. I there a way to make this permanent?

Could somebody please help?

Reading the Eyecandy-Thread I got curious about OBGE and installed the core and the Shaderpack. Now I have a few issues here:

1. Every time I load a game the shaders seem to be initialized/loaded and my system freezes for around 13 seconds (i7' date=' 64bit, 6GB, GTX570). Is that normal?

2. In the Inventory I have this tool to choose my shaders. I like the 'Crisis DoF'. I turn it on with shift-click. Every time I start the game I have to do this again. I there a way to make this permanent?

Could somebody please help?

[/quote']

1. There is a technical support forum at the top

2. Do not use the esp that comes with the pack, if you plan to use the ingame controller, there is a seperate download at the official forum, which also requires you to edit your hud.

If you do not wish to download a seperat pack(Not made by the origional maker of OBGEv3(It's a modification) You'll have to enable the shader you wish to use in the shaderlist.txt(Loacted in your data/shader folder)

So if you wish to use CyrsisDof.fx

Just type in the nname of the shader=1

So CrysisDof.fx=1 to enable it, =0 to disable it.

Or if you wish to have ingame control use this one

http://shy.jsphr.net/upload/img/ups29492.zip

open "Data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml" with text editor,

add a line under '

If you cannot see "Data\menus\main\hud_main_menu.xml", you must extract this from .BSA Archive.

You can import/export your slot settings if installed "ConScribe", OBSE plugin.

ConScribe - http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=26510

Your settings are exported to "Data\ConScribe Logs\Per-Mod\OBGE_Controller_settings.log".

** it is not exported/imported Interior/Exterior automatic-change settings.

If you want to change key-bind, edit "Data\ini\OBGE Controller.ini".

I had some strange issues with OBGE the last time I used it' date=' but one of the issues I do recall was 1. in the OP's post. My freeze would last for about 5 seconds though.

This would be on an i7 2600 @ 4.8ghz, 12GB ram, and a 2GB ATI 6970 watercooled machine.

[/quote']

The freezing tends to happen if you use the shader plugin. On the other hand, if you user the shaderlist.txt file instead you'll only experience a 1 second freeze (if at all).

First I didn't get it to work with the shaderlist, but after erasing the obge-ini-file it kicked in. Having only the Crysis-DoF running it only take a second or less at startup. I might try the other plugin to check out the chaders in that package as well.

Thanks everybody :)

Archived