Mysteries

This topic is vast some lore friendly some not but most mysteries and theories will try to be met with in game evidence.

Most theories rely on a vanilla game and how you played the first time ....eager to do the main quest line.

Our first mystery is you "Dragon-born" as in the beginning you start with nothing but a carriage ride to your death and left to wonder why? 

You are on a cart heading to Helgan it is summarized that perhaps you came from Cyrodiil and was caught at the border but maybe not? After the fray at Helgan soon followed by the meet and greet in Riverwood you go off to Whiterun.

When meeting Yarl Balgruuf the Greater he's word choice seems to imply he knows who you are or at least knows about you.

There is this line... "There is another thing you could do for me. Suitable for someone of your particular talents, perhaps. Come, let's go find Farengar, my court wizard. He's been looking into a matter related to these dragons and... rumors of dragons."  What talents you just walked from Riverwood hardly a talent is it? More on this in a minute.

In the first day or so of game play you'll be charged with going to Bleak-falls barrow to go against bandits, wolves, and draugr no small task for a simple peasant. Soon after your return to Whiterun you will then be charged with confronting a dragon...your first dragon and eventually you'll win. So it is proven through combat you are not a farmer or a peasant but a sell-sword/spell-sword or mercenary at the very least { simple mage build cannot do this with out use of weapons and armor I've tried numerous times you just don't have the skill or spells you just die } So it seems Yarl Balgruuf was right about your talents... Could it be the Yarl does know about you and what has he heard prior to meeting you? 

Perhaps The Whispering Lady spoke to him as Balgruuf and Farengar have the only keys and know what is on the other side... was knowledge sought out by Balgruuf over the worry of losing his empire? Did Mephala reveal the unseen to him ... is that why he greets you as you are know to him....perhaps.

More to come....

Before we leave Whiterun and this chapter lets go back to when you enter Whiterun and Dragon-reach. Let go to Dragons-reach they were already investigating dragons before you got there. How is that possible was there other attacks prior to this one? Delphine was already there long before you and is employing the service of the court wizard about Bleak-falls barrow and a secret it may hold about dragons. And for the record if it is in a vanilla game it is cannon aka lore.

How was this known prior to you getting there?.....you are the instrument of news about Helgan and the only one left to tell the story who left Riverwood. Perhaps this was an over-site in the writing but giving the tiny details and Easter eggs in Skyrim I have my doubts. Was a chapter left out for future use in another game? For now with no way of knowing we are left with speculation and little evidence of events prior to Helgan.   

Our next mystery can be found early in game when traveling to Ivarstead on your way to High Hrothgar:   Ivarstead is a small village that has some real strange stuff going on here is some of them I noticed.

This I post awhile back before I made this Club:

Ivarstead has many mysteries and I would like to air a few out here.... We all know about Narfi's sister gone "missing" most believe she was attacked by a bandit or perhaps Wilhelm was involved some way. It deepens more when Narfi becomes a target of the Dark-brotherhood where did that contract come from?

There is more though that most have missed.... Ivarstead has secrets to rival even Rorikstead. A radiant quest to find some equipment sends you to Ivarstead given from Wylandriah the court wizard of Riften... why is there is a Dwemer spoon at Fellstar Farm seems innocent enough right?  I've done a complete check of the place and what is interesting is  blackrobes and a book called Aedra and Daedra can be found there "Ivarstead is vanilla in my game" that makes little sense right? That book is very rare in Skyrim and why is it here with blackrobes in Fellstar farm? Why does Bolti say to you "You better not be here to stir up any trouble.", or "Pilgrim or not, if I were you, I'd move right through our backwards little town." why the threats from a farmer?

How is it Bolti is "good friends" with a Bosmer wizard from Riften? We will also look at that "backwards" line soon.

Lets look at Nafri's sister Reyda she went missing when she went to gather plants and herbs often by and Island says Wilhelm. In the river one finds two floating iron arrows below lies a skeleton that is supposedly Reyda with her satchel. In the satchel you'll find Reyda's necklace nothing but a basic silver necklace why was in her satchel not on her? We know the current is flowing there as it pushes you pretty good when you try to open the satchel.. The arrows if you leave them float away they do not stay there. Besides Reyda has been missing for a year those arrows could not stay there for a year based on that. So I believe there is no way those arrows are the culprit for the demise of that skeleton in anyway.

Why was Reyda gathering ...plants to sell? or to use herself ...was she an alchemist? 

Will Continue... have to check a few in game things...

So where does this lead... there is no evidence Reyda has been killed.. only a skeleton with her necklace in a pouch and that is hardly evidence.. Reyda would be familiar with the water way as she has travel it often as per game discussions. She would even be-aware of the "backwards" current present there as the river flows opposite the waterfalls by her house and also be-aware of a long left skeleton there. Reyda being smart as most alchemist would be knew there was some strange things going on in town.. like Black-brier mead sold on the black market the ill doings of Wilhelm and trying to loot the Nordic barrow near by... Reyda would also be-aware of weird things going on at the Fellstar farm not to mention the strange relationship going on with Klimmek and Bassianus.... so where this going?

I believe the evidence points to Reyda leaving and faking her own death as she wanted to leave the whole mess behind her... including her brother who she took care of. Sound to strange?... not really because we seen the same thing happen at Mistwatch where a woman became a bandit chief who just wanted out of her prior life and ran away..

So what about Narfi's contract you ask?.. simple really..... Astrid has no clue about who is requesting contracts she gets lucky some times by hearing about them in towns she travels but I believe she makes some up to make it look like she has "connections". Narfi is one of these he just is targeted as was the poor guy by the saw mill in Windhelm she seen them and figures they would be easy targets that nobody cared about. So Astrid fakes the contracts and she pays the gold to keep her status as leader of the Dark-Brotherhood. After looking at everything and doing many play through's this is what I believe happened... but of course we will never know for certain...

That's my theory

BY now in any play-through the PC has become aware of the on going Civil-War this is no mystery but events around it are. The Civil-War has reached a stalemate no side can progress any further including the Thalmor the sides are powerless to have any real advantage in Skyrim.... Why? Simple really one only has to look at the roads in Skyrim they are dotted with forts and camps of bandits and Fore-sworn. Both bandits and Fore-sworn are forces to be reckoned with both having lost all for one reason or another and what they have left their  "camps" they will defend ferociously and will attack any who threaten them. ( See bandit section) Even the Jarl's of the holds are powerless to do anything the best they do is come to an uneasy agreement to leave them alone as going against a fort of bandits will end in the hold guards death. Any patrols the Imperials, Thalmor, and Storm-cloaks do manage to have in the wilds come under heavy attack with the result the same death for those patrols and a loss of resources and man-power. This is what the Thalmor, Storm-cloaks, and Imperials failed to understand their wars have left many homeless refugees people who have become bitter and hateful as they watched everything they cared for had been burned away and butchered . These are the people that the Waring factions turned their backs on for personal gain and idealism's that do nothing to feed a hunger a family has. These are the people who watched their fathers, wives, daughter, and sons get slaughtered their legacy burned to the ground.

So next time you take arms against a bandit or Fore-sworn think of the lives this person lost all due to Waring factions wanting control.

Not really a mystery but seen many theories and why the Dragon-born makes the difference in the war this is mine because without you they are weak and powerless.