Dynamically change creature models?

Chase Roxand

So, I may or may not be working on a thing that I may or may not finish. But as part of it, I'd like to swap out the body and eye models on a creature at certain points in a quest, permanently. There was a way to turn on and off models in Oblivion via OBSE, but I'm not sure if NVSE has similar functionality. Or is there some way I could do it without NVSE? I'd rather not have to make several base creatures.

So' date=' I may or may not be working on a thing that I may or may not finish. But as part of it, I'd like to swap out the body and eye models on a creature at certain points in a quest, permanently. There was a way to turn on and off models in Oblivion via OBSE, but I'm not sure if NVSE has similar functionality. Or is there some way I could do it without NVSE? I'd rather not have to make several base creatures.

[/quote']

If I understand what you're saying , then to swap out an entire model maybe you could use the standard enable/disable command (the option 0 makes the appearance/disappearance instant, 1 gives a fadeout). For a node on the model how about using swapTexture and swapping in an invisible texture?

Archived