DestructionData Everywhere

Mailamea

What do you think about this?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about this?

• Awesome, continue it! (Realism experience, everything you see has destructiondata when completed)
    • Ok, but not necessary
    • WTF is this!? no orginallity, GTFO and make BB mods instead
    • Uhhhhh, just passing by

Destruction-Data Everywhere

Description :

SP, the creator of the first destructible environments for fallout, is gone for like 1year ++ now. He made a New Vegas Port, but only included 30-60 items as destructible, I am here to continue his work as a new mod, new assets and scripts. To make the realistic destructible FONV experience.

See walls, doors, items, generators, radios, and more stuff, get destroyed as you blow them up and shoot them.

So as of now, i have about 100++ clutters and misc items that can be destroyed and have its debris havok enabled. Im having problems with lights. (I need help with scripted modders out there so feel free to pm me) I want to keep SP's old fashioned light script where if the light source has a destruction data, and when its hp reaches zero, the light will turn off, i am unable to replicate his scripts since scripting is my weakness in modding.

Test Previews :

[video=youtube]

[video=youtube]
[video=youtube]

Interesting idea but some of the objects would need to be adjusted. The sink should be no more after one shot from any weapon. But the real qeustion you should ask not if the community wants it but do you have the time to spare making it.

After all this mod would most likely take more then one person and serveral hours per day to do.

Interesting idea but some of the objects would need to be adjusted. The sink should be no more after one shot from any weapon. But the real qeustion you should ask not if the community wants it but do you have the time to spare making it.

After all this mod would most likely take more then one person and serveral hours per day to do.

1person(me) = 8hours = 167 destructiondata added. Yeah would take months by myself. If people want it, I'd be willing to do it happily and might get people onboard to help.

Just an alpha test so no need yet to be picky, main goal after all the test is realism. I've done tests with havok enabled sinks I found at google by extensive searching, so when the sink hits 50% hp it doesn't just change the mesh instantly, it will now breakdown, and crumble on the ground.

Also making things have more realistic deterioration and destruction progressions. For example a bullet to a fussionbattery =

Cap damage* mini blast effect

After 1-2sec burn effect blast small radius

Then pieces mesh mini pulse explosion.

If anyone wants to help I'd be happy to post a guide on how destructiondata works.

Any help will be useful, currently I'm brain dead trying to understand the script SP, made. So that when you shoot out lights it actually turns off the lighting. I will post out the script when I get to my pc again.

Damn it. I keep getting "do you want to save your script? =" yes or no? Error, meaning I'm doing many things wrong.

Any help will be useful' date=' currently I'm brain dead trying to understand the script SP, made. So that when you shoot out lights it actually turns off the lighting. I will post out the script when I get to my pc again.

Damn it. I keep getting "do you want to save your script? =" yes or no? Error, meaning I'm doing many things wrong.

[/quote']

Download and install "Geck PowerUp" and it will actually display what's wrong with your script rather than showing that useless "error".

Taken from here http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7324

1. Download and install GECK:

GECK 1.4 NEW VEGAS

2. Download and install NVSE:

NVSE

I just extract all files in new vegas directory, not the data folder!

3. Download and install GECK POWERUP:

GECK POWERUP

I personally don't use the beta version, but it's up to you.

To run GECK with PowerUp and NVSE, copy the Data folder to your Fallout: New Vegas directory

4. Make a shortcut to your NVSE_loader.exe

In path I have:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

5. in : "documents/my games/falloutNV" open GECKCustom.ini (you might have to start GECK and exit it first for it to appear), and change "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=0" to "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1".

6. Start GECK through the shortcut you made.

You have to link it just like OBSE and Oblivion CS.

Taken from here http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=7324

1. Download and install GECK:

GECK 1.4 NEW VEGAS

2. Download and install NVSE:

NVSE

I just extract all files in new vegas directory' date=' not the data folder!

3. Download and install GECK POWERUP:

GECK POWERUP

I personally don't use the beta version, but it's up to you.

To run GECK with PowerUp and NVSE, copy the Data folder to your Fallout: New Vegas directory

4. Make a shortcut to your NVSE_loader.exe

In path I have:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\nvse_loader.exe" -editor

5. in : "documents/my games/falloutNV" open GECKCustom.ini (you might have to start GECK and exit it first for it to appear), and change "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=0" to "bAllowMultipleMasterLoads=1".

6. Start GECK through the shortcut you made.

[/quote']

You have to link it just like OBSE and Oblivion CS.

So that's what I'm missing, I only need to make a shortcut then add "-editor" on the target location. I already have mutiplemasters loaded since I have fo3 geck and nv on at the same time for comparison checks.

Thanks a bunch.

Edit : anyone knows? How to make an ESM plugin? I need to get all effects, scripts, base, global, etc to an esm. So when I make the esp files all the resources are ready at geck, unlike my method were I make them one by one.

Manage to get it to work, silly me. LOL :P

Now i have a new problem, how do a create a new "Global" when i try to edit one it ask me a warning, to answer yes, no , yes to all. when i select yes, nothing happens then when i try to create edit a new global, nothing pops up. ;huh;

When i press no, it just asks me again when i open up a global

Yeah your might to be running geckpu-nv-14.exe :P

Don't go editing globals it's better just make new ones for mods.

- Click on gameplay.

- Select Globals.

- Right click in the menu on the left.

- Select 'New' from the menu.

- Enter a ForumID, it must be unique.

- Select the new ForumID from the menu and enter the value and select the options you want.

- Press OK and your sorted.

If you want send me a message of what you are trying to do and I will try and guide you through it all.

Yeah your might to be running geckpu-nv-14.exe :P

Don't go editing globals it's better just make new ones for mods. If you want send me a message of what you are trying to do and I will try and build the script for you.

Im trying to make a new global' date=' but i get the same error said, what i did is go to globals in object window and rightclick new. no windows pops up.

Im imitating SP's variable, but i cant get to see what it looks like cause variable editing or creating sucks for me. lol here are the screens.

Ok now, im f*cked. I just found out SP's method of destructible lights, when you blow up the light, the lighting goes to a specific cell thats inaccessible, meaning the lighting is now gone. Clever. problem is.

I don't know how cell references work, he made his destroyed lighting go to a berried chest with this reference : "SPLightNONERef [REFR:019000BA] (places XMarker [sTAT:0000003B] in GRUP Cell Persistent Children of VendorChestsCell "Buried Vendor Chests" [CELL:0001EC51])"

Here is his script :

scn SPDestructionLightCoolLScript

ref SPLightSource

ref SPActualLight

short SPLightOnOff

short Doonce

begin OnLoad

if ( SPLightSource.GetLinkedRef != SPLightNONERef ) && ( IsDestructionLightsActive == 1 )

if ( Doonce == 0 ) && ( SPLightOnOff == 0 )

set SPLightSource to GetSelf

set Doonce to 1

set SPLightOnOff to 1

if ( SPLightSource.GetLinkedRef != SPLightFORCESMALLRef )

if ( GetInCell Citadel == 1 ) || ( GetInCell Megaton == 1 ) || ( GetInCell RC == 1 )

set SPActualLight to SPLightSource.PlaceAtMe SPLightCoolS 1, 0, 0

else

set SPActualLight to SPLightSource.PlaceAtMe SPLightCoolL 1, 0, 0

endif

else

set SPActualLight to SPLightSource.PlaceAtMe SPLightCoolS 1, 0, 0

endif

endif

endif

end

begin OnDestructionStageChange

if ( SPLightSource.GetLinkedRef != SPLightNONERef ) && ( IsDestructionLightsActive == 1 )

if ( SPLightSource.GetDestroyed == 1 ) || ( SPLightSource.GetDisabled == 1 )

SPActualLight.Disable

set SPLightOnOff to 2

SPActualLight.MarkForDelete

endif

else

SPLightSource.ClearDestruction

SPLightSource.Reset3DState

endif

end

begin OnReset

if ( SPLightSource.GetLinkedRef != SPLightNONERef )

SPActualLight.Disable

set Doonce to 0

set SPLightOnOff to 0

if ( SPLightSource.GetDestroyed == 1 ) || ( SPLightSource.GetDisabled == 1 )

if ( SPLightSource.GetDestroyed == 1 )

SPLightSource.ClearDestruction

SPLightSource.Reset3DState

endif

if ( SPLightSource.GetDisabled == 1 )

SPLightSource.enable

endif

endif

endif

end

begin GameMode

if ( Doonce == 1 ) && ( IsDestructionLightsActive == 0 )

SPActualLight.Disable

set SPLightOnOff to 0

set doonce to 2

endif

end

I don't know how to duplicated this, since the cell he used is from fallout 3.

Anyone can teach me how to touch cells, and add like a reference edit or something. damn this is harder that i thought

Archived