Breeder Kings v0.002 07/05/2018

JeuxKen

Hi !
So I had an idea and wanted to share it with you. Since I'm creating another games, I won't have many time for this project... so every one is welcome to work on it ^^
What about a stand alone for Crusader Kings 2 with monster girls/boys, where you can breed better characters and armies ..?
That would be somewhat in the vein of Breeding Season.

RACES
*) I propose that we play a monster and start with a nomadic tribe of that monster type.

I think we need to start with a first monster race and add more when we will be ready to expand the mod.
*) Ideally we need a graphical culture but ReMeDy custom portraits could do the trick in a first time.
*) we need the monster culture. the more background elements we add is the better I think.
*) we probably need a specific race trait to specify in what the monster is different from a human.

a major question to debate : Are we recreating the same species as BS or like another game or original to this mod ?

On 6/30/2018 at 5:26 AM, zia said:

I would recommend using both the species they list and new ones.

so I propose we start with the DickWolves. We could use the werewolves portraits from DarkWorld Reborn as a start.

the DickWolves genderbent (understand females) are TitWolves, they are very rare.

BREEDING

*) in BS you have to buy your monsters from a special shop... what about a decision to hunt one instead ? it will be feral.
or spawn one from your tribe if you don't want a new monster type.
and of course there will be the prisoners from different monster tribes that you could enslave or recruit.
*) once you have at least a monster girl and a monster boy in your court you can make them breed. The more they breed together, the higher chance an offspring will pop.
like in BS I think we can include levels and experience... maybe new stats too ? the more you breed, the more you learn and so the better you become.

*) the decision to make two monsters selected in your court to breed + the chain events. This is the heart of the mod, the more options and random results is the better I think. Here will come the algorithm for the inheritance.

anotherr question : In BS there are no pregnancy and no child... it is instant birth of an adult with a day of invocation sickness. I don't know if this would be so great here... maybe we should keep the instant birth and then the child grow at a normal state ?
and... we need to not forget about the usual pregnancies if the monster is married or in love for example.

TRAITS

the idea is to have many different traits that can be inherited and possibly strengthen when inherited.
for example two monsters with "kawaii 1" may produce a monster with "kawaii 2".

*) we have to create the breed traits with the leveling. The 1st level can be encountered in the wild but the next ones can only be obtained via a good breeding.

I've started the "Too Stronk" trait (leveled up to 10) which is a common trait for the Dickwolves.
It will replace the "strong" trait of the original game and grant the same bonuses.

BUILDINGS

and there could be buildings that needs a monster type with a special trait.
for example you could create an unity of feral Dickwolves (kind of berserker ones) or Catgirls with greased lightning (fast furies) ...

MAP

ideally we should create a new map.

BREEDING SEASON WIKI
http://breeding-season.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Traits

WE NEED YOU !

so... what do you think about this project ?
do you want to participate ?
or maybe you have better ideas on the subject and want to share them ?

and please, don't tell me I speak an horrible English, I already know it ?

RELEASE : in attachment, Breeder Kings v 0.002 (07/05/2018)
dependencies : Dark World Reborn

- All the characters in the world are dickwolves or titgirls
- I've started the "Too Stronk" trait (leveled up to 10) and for testing purpose, I assign it to everybody at level 1

to do :
- the children picture with a nice pupy-boy / pupy-girl on it

- a targeted decision to ask a courtier to breed with another courtier. don't know if it is hard to set up but ideally we could use the same screen as when you marry.
- the events for the breeding process : refuse to breed, accept to breed, some naughty description about how they breed, no baby this time, yes she is pregnant, are you sure you know your job? two boys or two girls won't give you any baby ;)
- the breeding hazard : loose, gain or leveling of traits. At the moment the race will be dickwolf since there won't be anything else in the world. dickwolfs are 90% of boys.

Sans titre.png

Breeder Kings 0.002.zip

Every good will is welcome :)

I think we need to start we a first monster race and add more when we will to ready to expand it.
*) Ideally we need a graphical culture but ReMeDy custom portraits could do the trick in a first time.
*) we need the monster culture. the more background elements we add is the better I think.
*) we probably need a specific race trait to specify in what the monster is different from a human.
*) then we have to create the breed traits with the leveling. The 1st level can be encountered in the wild but the next ones can only be obtained via a good breeding.
*) the decision to make two monsters selected in your court to breed + the chain events. This is the heart of the mod, the more options and random results is the better I think. Here will come the algorithm for the inheritance. We need good art too.

I think that's all we need in a first time which will be a lot of work ?

does it looks fine so far ?
a major question to debate : Are we recreating the same species as BS or like another game or original to this mod ?

On 6/28/2018 at 8:50 PM, JeuxKen said:

Every good will is welcome :)

I think we need to start we a first monster race and add more when we will to ready to expand it.
*) then we have to create the breed traits with the leveling. The 1st level can be encountered in the wild but the next ones can only be obtained via a good breeding.
*) the decision to make two monsters selected in your court to breed + the chain events. This is the heart of the mod, the more options and random results is the better I think. Here will come the algorithm for the inheritance. We need good art too.

I think that's all we need in a first time which will be a lot of work ?

does it looks fine so far ?

I have though about adding some of this to my mod already actually, since a lot of the monsters already exist thanks to dark world reborn. (Though I plan on add more.) 

With that said, lets go through your list.

1. Portraits, ReMeDy's is a must, I would recommend the version I helped make as it enables you to prevent it from conflicting with other mods and portrait packs . (Avalible in ReMeDy's Thread, they were kind enough to add it to the main post.) 

2. If you are doing portraits avoid cultures. Simple reason for this is if you put the monster in charge or if the game arbitrary decides to give them a title , their court will floor with their culture and these would lack the portrait traits. 

3. Race traits are far better than cultures (and easier to boot)

4. Traits, more traits are always a good thing, very easy to code with events to apply a different trait to a child if they have a trait. (On_Action On_birth or On_ageup) Though it is time consuming. 

5. Easy enough to breed them via events. (I already do this for dragons in my mod) Again time consuming for coding and writing even chains. 

6. Art is both a blessing and a curse, it can be a pain to find artwork. 

And as for your last debate question, I would recommend using both the species they list and new ones. Though DO NOT use their artwork as it may cause issues. 

Also I wouldn't mind helping you make this mod, though I am horrible at writing actual event text. (I am ok at scripting it though!)

6 hours ago, zia said:

I have though about adding some of this to my mod already actually, since a lot of the monsters already exist thanks to dark world reborn. (Though I plan on add more.) 

With that said, lets go through your list.

1. Portraits, ReMeDy's is a must, I would recommend the version I helped make as it enables you to prevent it from conflicting with other mods and portrait packs . (Avalible in ReMeDy's Thread, they were kind enough to add it to the main post.) 

2. If you are doing portraits avoid cultures. Simple reason for this is if you put the monster in charge or if the game arbitrary decides to give them a title , their court will floor with their culture and these would lack the portrait traits. 

3. Race traits are far better than cultures (and easier to boot)

4. Traits, more traits are always a good thing, very easy to code with events to apply a different trait to a child if they have a trait. (On_Action On_birth or On_ageup) Though it is time consuming. 

5. Easy enough to breed them via events. (I already do this for dragons in my mod) Again time consuming for coding and writing even chains. 

6. Art is both a blessing and a curse, it can be a pain to find artwork. 

And as for your last debate question, I would recommend using both the species they list and new ones. Though DO NOT use their artwork as it may cause issues. 

Also I wouldn't mind helping you make this mod, though I am horrible at writing actual event text. (I am ok at scripting it though!)

Super cool ! welcome aboard ! ^^

1. ReMeDy's portraits are very nice. What I dislike is when you have really many characters with the same trait, there is a lack of individuality since the same portrait is shared by many. those portraits are best for unique characters. I don't mind start the project with this method but some day I will try to create graphical cultures as an alternative.
2. the culture is something you learned not linked to how you look. Nothing is wrong if you look like Arabic and are Norse cultured for example. The culture don't determine the look, it is a background element.
4. another question here : In BS there are no pregnancy and no child... it is instant birth of an adult with a day of invocation sickness. I don't know if this would be so great here... maybe we should keep the instant birth and then the child grow at a normal state ?
and... we need to not forget about the usual pregnancies if the monster is maried or in love with someone else for example.
6. don't worry, I'm not going to use BS artwork since it is the point that killed the game.

this is great to have others point of view and all help is really welcomed, whatever the skill :)

I propose we start with the DickWolves. We could use the werewolves portraits from DarkWorld Reborn as a start.

PS: I'm not a great writer too ?

7 hours ago, Pantheress said:

Sounds like you might as well find an entirely different and more moddable engine, if you're basically going to be throwing out everything that is CK2 anyway.

We are not throwing out everything! the goal is to create a new flavor.
As I said, we are going to start with a nomadic monster tribe surrounded by other nomadic monster tribes and probably wild zones too. I think that there will be a human empire too at some point.
You will be able to conquer the other tribes, to settle your tribe and to evolve in feudalism or commercial democracy like in the normal game.
We talk about the breeding because it is the heart of this mod but the rest of the game is unchanged.
Sorry if I didn't expressed myself well enough in the first post :/

Some code for this already exists in NDPA (beginning stuff for dickwolves, catgirls, and a few others) but I never went forward with it.  As always, feel free to use anything of mine that you think would help.

NOTE: some of the stuff I did may be in the current dev version only.  Not sure when I'll be posting my next update though; it is just too hot here for me to be creative and/or code.

13 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Some code for this already exists in NDPA (beginning stuff for dickwolves, catgirls, and a few others) but I never went forward with it.  As always, feel free to use anything of mine that you think would help.

NOTE: some of the stuff I did may be in the current dev version only.  Not sure when I'll be posting my next update though; it is just too hot here for me to be creative and/or code.

yay! thank you :)
I'm a bit lost, where should I look ? I have dl NoxTools-Graphic Events v0.1.0.0.7z and NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone (0.0.1.0.3).7z

5 hours ago, JeuxKen said:

yay! thank you :)
I'm a bit lost, where should I look ? I have dl NoxTools-Graphic Events v0.1.0.0.7z and NoxBestia's Darkest Perversions Alone (0.0.1.0.3).7z

All I can say right now is that it will be scattered in NDPA and might not have even made it into the latest released version.  When I get a break from the heat and can tear into my code I'll see if I can find places I have it for you.  :) 

At one point I had grabbed some flash reverse engineering utilities and was tearing into the last know release of Breeding Season (which I still play now and then) in order to blatantly steal... er, I mean creatively reuse the artwork.  While it can be done, it was going to be a lot of work and at the time I felt NDPA was in too much need of my attention elsewhere so I abandoned the artwork for now.

28 minutes ago, NoxBestia said:

All I can say right now is that it will be scattered in NDPA and might not have even made it into the latest released version.  When I get a break from the heat and can tear into my code I'll see if I can find places I have it for you.  :) 

At one point I had grabbed some flash reverse engineering utilities and was tearing into the last know release of Breeding Season (which I still play now and then) in order to blatantly steal... er, I mean creatively reuse the artwork.  While it can be done, it was going to be a lot of work and at the time I felt NDPA was in too much need of my attention elsewhere so I abandoned the artwork for now.

Ok, thank's ^^

As I have understood the BS war that ended the project, the BS main artist is not a nice guy and won't let you re-use the art. So don't worry about it.
About the code it would be interesting to see how it is done, particularly the percentages used in the breeding process.

I've played NDPA a little for testing purposed but I can't go far. It is freezing and then the game end. I think it is coming from the NDPA invasions so I'm going to test a last time without it.

Ok, I've work a little more on this project :
- All the characters in the world are now dickwolves

- I've made the "Too Stronk" trait (leveled up to 10) and for testing purpose, I assign it to everybody at level 1

to do :
- the children picture with a nice pupy-boy / pupy-girl on it

- a targeted decision to ask a courtier to breed with another courtier. don't know if it is hard to set up but ideally we could use the same screen as when you marry.
- the events for the breeding process : refuse to breed, accept to breed, some naughty description about how they breed, no baby this time, yes she is pregnant, are you sure you know your job? two boys or two girls won't give you any baby ;)
- the breeding hazard : loose, gain or leveling of traits. At the moment the race will be dickwolf since there won't be anything else in the world. dickwolfs are 90% of boys.

to do latter :
- more races
- more traits
- a map

@NoxBestia I've successfully played a game with your full mod alone. I guess I was missing a lot of content doing so but at least it didn't freezed. It was funny to try to breed some centaurs ?

For now I go back to my other game project. See you latter everybody ^^

Breeder Kings 0.002.zip

Sans titre.png

3 hours ago, JeuxKen said:

@NoxBestia I've successfully played a game with your full mod alone. I guess I was missing a lot of content doing so but at least it didn't freezed. It was funny to try to breed some centaurs ?

Whenever asked, I will do my best to increase compatibility between my stuff and any other modder's projects.  The difficulty really comes in the projects that aren't being maintained, or when another modder doesn't ask me if I could change something or add a check for a flag or something that would make their stuff work better with mine.

In the past I have repeatedly wasted days trying to code around another modder's things (before I learned how to just override single events).  These days, decisions are the biggest problem for me, since they can't be overridden without overriding an entire file, which then makes maintenance a struggle.  I don't want other modders to have to fight that with my stuff like that so I'll gladly add flags whenever wanted to disable things or whatever.  :)

Another thing I try to keep an open mind about is better code.  If someone has a better way of doing things my own mod does and wants to share it, I'll gladly consider it, discuss it, debate it, and if feasible I'll implement it.  Even more important is balance.  I put a lot of stuff out there with untested variables and modifiers.  For a great example, my initial endowment traits used to try to make everyone micro-sized.  I'm still not happy with them, but I haven't given them love for ages.  When I see other people doing their own that reminds me that mine are flawed (or that the other modders just have a different premise they are working with) but a lot of my stuff can be fixed with tuning suggestions that I'll happily consider.

So, please, feel free to ask for anything that will make NDPA more compatible with your work.  I really like working with other inspired modders and I fear my extended absences in the past alienated some of the ones I used to work with.

4 hours ago, NoxBestia said:

Whenever asked, I will do my best to increase compatibility between my stuff and any other modder's projects.  The difficulty really comes in the projects that aren't being maintained, or when another modder doesn't ask me if I could change something or add a check for a flag or something that would make their stuff work better with mine.

In the past I have repeatedly wasted days trying to code around another modder's things (before I learned how to just override single events).  These days, decisions are the biggest problem for me, since they can't be overridden without overriding an entire file, which then makes maintenance a struggle.  I don't want other modders to have to fight that with my stuff like that so I'll gladly add flags whenever wanted to disable things or whatever.  :)

Another thing I try to keep an open mind about is better code.  If someone has a better way of doing things my own mod does and wants to share it, I'll gladly consider it, discuss it, debate it, and if feasible I'll implement it.  Even more important is balance.  I put a lot of stuff out there with untested variables and modifiers.  For a great example, my initial endowment traits used to try to make everyone micro-sized.  I'm still not happy with them, but I haven't given them love for ages.  When I see other people doing their own that reminds me that mine are flawed (or that the other modders just have a different premise they are working with) but a lot of my stuff can be fixed with tuning suggestions that I'll happily consider.

So, please, feel free to ask for anything that will make NDPA more compatible with your work.  I really like working with other inspired modders and I fear my extended absences in the past alienated some of the ones I used to work with.

That's a great attitude, I like it !
So far I'm working alone but I'm really looking for other's opinion and in this mod case, partnership.
So, yes, it's ok to try to do compatible mods ^^
So far mine don't require anything... how about your's ?

Archived