[Not a Support Request] Sexout First Person Animation Bug

MistahIncognito

We've all seen the invisible body bug often as a result of being pulled from first person view into a sexout facilitated scene. And often enough it can be corrected by utilizing Sexout's camera options.

However, I've come across one particular instance where it does not help and it can be reproduced. At least, I've been able to reproduce it consistently. If you are pulled into a dialogue just as you enter a room and through that dialogue you engage the speaker in a Sexout scene then your body will remain invisible. It's as if the body didn't have a chance to render before being pulled in. If you go through a door in third person view then when the dialogue and eventual scene is initiated then you don't have this issue as the body is rendered early on.

While to me it's not a game breaker. Just one of those few landmines you have to be aware of and tippy toe around. I was wondering if any other modders might have a workaround in mind for this particular issue. Something scriptable preferably.

I recommend adjusting the activation range on that activtor and see if that helps. Chances are that there is little if anything sexout itself can do to fix this. I do know that 'instant sex' in general does work fine, as demonstrated by Epstein waking you in Vault19, so this being such an edge case makes me doubtful that I can really fix it.

I'll refrain from ranting about the shitty shitty shitty camera 'controls' available to scripters in this engine for the millionth time.

Not to be a pain but can you give an example? I don't think I've ever been pulled into a conversation immediately on passing through a door' date=' other than the intercom at the Repconn testing facility.

[/quote']

Here's an example taken from the mod I'm working on. When you go to the gas station in Goodsprings and speak to Cobb for the first time he pulls you into a dialogue. If you happen to follow through the dialogue and make your way to a animation option from there then you'll be invisible during the scene.

You can avoid this by exiting the dialogue and speaking to him again. When you do the body seems to have had time to properly render and thus any subsequent attempts at the sex animations will have the player's body.

Edit:

I recommend adjusting the activation range on that activtor and see if that helps. Chances are that there is little if anything sexout itself can do to fix this. I do know that 'instant sex' in general does work fine' date=' as demonstrated by Epstein waking you in Vault19, so this being such an edge case makes me doubtful that I can really fix it.

I'll refrain from ranting about the shitty shitty shitty camera 'controls' available to scripters in this engine for the millionth time.

[/quote']

I didn't really expect you to fix it. I was just curious if there was anything on my part that could be done to avoid this particular special case instance.

Mistah, if you're modding that scene and adding dialog to it.. I suggest you just delay the activator for a bit, or shrink it's range, or something. There is a big chance that the engine just hasn't had time to render the player after entering the building, and once the camera has flipped into TFC, no further visual effects on the player seem to work (except animation).

Even removing/wearing clothes, while in TFC, will not have a visual effect until TFC is exited.

You can also try manually toggling TFC off and on once the scene starts. If that works perhaps I'll add a hotkey to do that to sexout.

Mistah' date=' if you're modding that scene and adding dialog to it.. I suggest you just delay the activator for a bit, or shrink it's range, or something. There is a big chance that the engine just hasn't had time to render the player after entering the building, and once the camera has flipped into TFC, no further visual effects on the player seem to work (except animation).

Even removing/wearing clothes, while in TFC, will not have a visual effect until TFC is exited.

You can also try manually toggling TFC off and on once the scene starts. If that works perhaps I'll add a hotkey to do that to sexout.

[/quote']

I opted for altering the activator. I didn't want a solution that required you to make a larger change for such a niche error. Slimming down the activator and moving it a little away from the door averted the issue all together.

Thank you for pointing me in that direction. It gave me a reason to toy around with the world cells, but god that's an awful method of manipulating the camera view on the :dodgy:

With the way the camera controls in GECK work' date=' I'm convinced they used something other than GECK for world building that they would never release.

[/quote']

Of all the SDKs I've worked with over the years. GECK has always seemed to be the most cumbersome when it comes to cell interactions. :(

With the way the camera controls in GECK work' date=' I'm convinced they used something other than GECK for world building that they would never release.

[/quote']

I'm pretty convinced they used something else for *everything*. If they were releasing the tools they actually use, it wouldn't take months for them to come out after the game is released. I don't believe they've ever claimed that the CKs are what they use in house -- and nobody would believe them if they did. ;)

I'm pretty convinced they used something else for *everything*. If they were releasing the tools they actually use' date=' it wouldn't take months for them to come out after the game is released. I don't believe they've ever claimed that the CKs are what they use in house -- and nobody would believe them if they did. ;)

[/quote']

It's always nice to believe we get some facsimile of what they use though. "Wow! These tools are really top-shelf. Time to churn out loads of mods without getting frustrated by a crashed editor or incredibly awkward camera movements." :cool:

I'm pretty convinced they used something else for *everything*. If they were releasing the tools they actually use' date=' it wouldn't take months for them to come out after the game is released. I don't believe they've ever claimed that the CKs are what they use in house -- and nobody would believe them if they did. ;)

[/quote']

It's always nice to believe we get some facsimile of what they use though. "Wow! These tools are really top-shelf. Time to churn out loads of mods without getting frustrated by a crashed editor or incredibly awkward camera movements." :cool:

It would be nice to believe if it were true.. otherwise it's just counterproductive.. ;)

If you go work on mods for HL2 in Source -- which is (other than MAX, photoshop, etc) what Valve did actually use -- The toolchain definitely shows its age, it's far from "easy" to use, but everything is there.

[/quote']

It would be nice to believe if it were true.. otherwise it's just counterproductive.. ;)

If you go work on mods for HL2 in Source -- which is (other than MAX, photoshop, etc) what Valve did actually use -- The toolchain definitely shows its age, it's far from "easy" to use, but everything is there.

Given all the code "trashed" out of the GECK, I am fairly certain that they do use it internally at least for form creation and source control. As for 3D building, I never looked at that part of the code so I cannot comment...

I don't really know what you mean by "trashed out of the geck." There is entirely too much stuff in the game that you cannot create or edit in the GECK for that to be the primary tool they use. I'd honestly be shocked if they used it at all, just because it's so bad. I am a developer that creates his own tools when need be, and when I'm creating my own tools, I don't suffer them to "suck" since there is an obvious alternative.

I mean everything related to source control, esm editing...

A lot of functionalities required for teamwork that are still partially inside the code but incomplete. As far as I know, they where ripped out due to copyright issues.

One of this day I will have to look at Skyrim CK source control, because it is supposed to still exists.

Archived