DEAD OR ALIVE 6 REVEAL TRAILER

WideWalson

6 hours ago, VenturousGamer said:

You should add, "Also include an optional naked fighting mode/DLC" to finally give the franchise an excuse to utilize nudity without teasing. DOAX is done.

But also, as an overdue apology to NinjaHacker and for the waste that was the overly expensive DLC and bullshit story from DOA5.

:)   You can not be so passive!
Start your own petition with the requirement that all developers are required to do nude mods for their games. Those who refuse, just do not admit to the market. Better yet, subject them to prosecution.
Very many will support you!
In the end, you can not sit and wait until someone will fight for your interests. Take the initiative!

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=header

22 minutes ago, Bewul said:

Is it just me or this game doesn't look better than doa5lr, like not at all ? They downgraded it to the abyss since the the first time or what ? It looks like a bad texture mod 

Probably, you saw not the game itself, but only a video about it? But video can be of different quality.
In any case, according to the developers of the game, DOA6 is not more than 20% ready, so it's too early to judge.

On 8/21/2018 at 6:18 AM, Bewul said:

Is it just me or this game doesn't look better than doa5lr, like not at all ? They downgraded it to the abyss since the the first time or what ? It looks like a bad texture mod

Look at this video, maybe you'll like it.

22 hours ago, Baralgin said:

Look at this video, maybe you'll like it.

Thanks for the information man ! But it indeed confirm that it was downgraded... to the abysses. It's still a very early build, so I'm a bit douchy here but darn the light and reflection look like shit. DOA5 looked far more realistic, here it looks like rushed work from a random xanlara Deviantartist. Stages texture and physics looks good tho

On 8/25/2018 at 2:26 AM, Bewul said:

Thanks for the information man ! But it indeed confirm that it was downgraded... to the abysses. It's still a very early build, so I'm a bit douchy here but darn the light and reflection look like shit. DOA5 looked far more realistic, here it looks like rushed work from a random xanlara Deviantartist. Stages texture and physics looks good tho

The game is still very raw. It seems that the developers themselves do not know what they will get as a result.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:39 PM, TAKUE said:

This petition can be easily used for the opposite purpose - from millions of DOA gamers only less than a thousand have signed it! Others support all the changes ???

6 hours ago, mangur said:

This petition can be easily used for the opposite purpose - from millions of DOA gamers only less than a thousand have signed it! Others support all the changes ??? 

For the moment Jiggle physics is back! : 

Now only the suits are missing, they felt the pressure of the fans.

1 hour ago, TAKUE said:

For the moment Jiggle physics is back! : 

Now only the suits are missing, they felt the pressure of the fans.

Do you think this is due to a petition? :):):) LOL!

Of course not. This insignificant number of votes is of no interest to anyone.
Here is an excerpt from an interview with Shimbori:

"Shimbori-san explained that this is a build still in development, but breast physics have not been removed, and movement is indeed there. In Dead or Alive 5 breast physics were very exaggerated, and for Dead or Alive 6, the development team is aiming to achieve more realistic physical effects.

As we already know, the Soft Engine isn’t being used for this game and has been replaced with a new one that is being developed at Koei Tecmo. Yet, since it’s still in development, it’s not ready for general showing. Gameplay is being showcased just to show the progress being made.

The Soft Engine is being replaced because it was old, and the new engine doesn’t yet have a name. The development team is working very hard on it.

It’s also relevant to mention that not all costumes will have the same degree of physical movement. For instance, Kasumi’s new battle suit is very hard, so it doesn’t allow for visible movements. Hitomi’s Karate gi is also interesting, because it does involve a degree of movement, but it’s restrained by the top. That same top is actually worn by real Karate practitioners exactly to prevent the hindrance of excessive movement.

That being said, realistic body motions, which were shown for the first time in the Gamescom build, are currently still in development."

Here is another interview:

2 hours ago, Baralgin said:

"Shimbori-san explained that this is a build still in development, but breast physics have not been removed, and movement is indeed there. In Dead or Alive 5 breast physics were very exaggerated, and for Dead or Alive 6, the development team is aiming to achieve more realistic physical effects.

"

However, I dont quite understand why this "realism" is needed in a game that is so far from reality as DOA.

In real life, a fighter-female will never defeat a fighter-male (with very few exceptions). Simply because they have different specific muscular strength.
And if we can imagine that there is a special world in which this is possible, then why in this world there can't exist any special breast physics?
If someone likes to watch such scenes on their screens, then what's wrong with that?
Let there be a maximum customization of all the characters. This will benefit both users and developers.

OMG.gif.d4cc50963240c7e4ae4f717f88d06202.gif

Same thing as "I'm a fighter" and the "natural" breast motion of early doa5. I got nothing against it, I think it's cool... but it's not gonna sell and KT know it. This whole mess around the fanservice is a bit pointless. They tried the fighter-vibe and it didn't sell, they'll try it again for the same result. After 3-4 month of promoting "coolness" for the game KT will have TN selling bikinis again, with OMG breast mode and even a breast sise selector if needed.

What I'm more concerned about are the graphics, which I hope will be improved in the future. As of now, the game look like shit IMO

Another interview with Shimbori, in which he also answers the question of new and old characters in the DOA6:

https://www.psu.com/news/dead-or-alive-6-interview-with-yohei-shimbori/

I'll add a link to another article with a more technical bias:

https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/08/dead-or-alive-6-producer-says-they-took-the-fan-service-too-far-with-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3/67766/

I have respect and sympathy for Shimbori, but he's lacking some balls to run DOA6. The whole "so that it can be seen as  a proper fighting game" is hitting the right spot.  Looking silly and abnormal is the reason why DOA lived to this day... Sexy, fun, provocative but also interesting if you're willing to really play the game : that's DOA.

Gosh I miss Itagaki, It would be so refreshing to have crazy dudes like him in charge of the licence... 

On 8/29/2018 at 11:41 AM, Baralgin said:

Do you think this is due to a petition? :):):) LOL!

Of course not. This insignificant number of votes is of no interest to anyone.
Here is an excerpt from an interview with Shimbori:

As we already know, the Soft Engine isn’t being used for this game and has been replaced with a new one that is being developed at Koei Tecmo. Yet, since it’s still in development, it’s not ready for general showing. Gameplay is being showcased just to show the progress being made.

The Soft Engine is being replaced because it was old, and the new engine doesn’t yet have a name. The development team is working very hard on it.

It’s also relevant to mention that not all costumes will have the same degree of physical movement. For instance, Kasumi’s new battle suit is very hard, so it doesn’t allow for visible movements. Hitomi’s Karate gi is also interesting, because it does involve a degree of movement, but it’s restrained by the top. That same top is actually worn by real Karate practitioners exactly to prevent the hindrance of excessive movement.

That being said, realistic body motions, which were shown for the first time in the Gamescom build, are currently still in development."

Here is another interview:

I really hope your right, while they may be hoping to appeal to a larger market share. DOA is about T&A pure and simple, otherwise I may as well play Streetfighter

If you want gore you've got....whatever it's called, if you want plain fighting you've got, generic fighting game number 10,if you want tit's etc......were do you go ? strip club I can't use a A A -- XX combo there

With Dead or Alive 6 in development, there’s a lot of talk among fans about who will be making it into this new installment. As part of this, some may be wondering if the new characters introduced in the Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation spin-off will make the cut…

For those not familiar with it, Dead or Alive Xtreme: Venus Vacation is a browser-based version of Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, developed in collaboration with DMM. One of the draws of the browser version was three new characters: Misaki, Luna, and Tamaki.

Now, in speaking to DualShockers, director Yohei Shimbori has confirmed that the three characters will not be added to Dead or Alive 6. The characters aren’t being excluded because of rights — Team NINJA owns them and not DMM, as some have speculated. Rather, it’s simply because the three characters weren’t designed as fighters. Shimbori even joked that, if they were to join the cast of DOA6, they would have to undergo combat training.

Of course, even without those three, Dead or Alive 6 still has a large lineup of possible characters within the shared DOA and Ninja Gaiden universe to choose from. We’re bound to learn more about who will make it into Dead or Alive 6 in the coming months, so stay locked on to Shoryuken.

Source: DualShockers

doa6_no_luna.png

Another interview with Shimbori, in which he, in particular, gives the following answers:

"What sort of changes are being introduced to the DoA6 engine?

Everything has changed! Graphics, animations, facial expressions, physics, online netcode…"

"In DoA5, we had a fair few guest characters from different games. Are you open to having more guest characters appear in the game again?

No plans at this time. I want to craft the setting and story of DoA6 with the characters that were originally from the series."

"Will we be seeing all the old DoA characters returning?

Hmmm…. It's a bit of a secret! I can't really give a solid answer – some characters may or may not return. It's still up in the air. We're still finalizing the roster."

On 9/2/2018 at 1:34 AM, Beach Paradise Team said:

I don't think anyone was expecting them to be a part of the game, I don't even think they're going to include Honoka, Marie or Nyotengu. 

Now I may be a bit biased here, but I'm pretty sure Marie and Honoka at least will make it.

They're the most popular characters in Japan so it would be a grave oversight to not include them and I doubt TN is that dumb.

20 hours ago, Morpu said:

Now I may be a bit biased here, but I'm pretty sure Marie and Honoka at least will make it.

They're the most popular characters in Japan so it would be a grave oversight to not include them and I doubt TN is that dumb.

I wouldn't be too sure.  After all, these are the folks who are stripping out everything that makes DOA what it is to appeal to a handful of nimrods who would never buy the game no matter what.   Get woke, go broke, as they say...

1 hour ago, username421 said:

I wouldn't be too sure.  After all, these are the folks who are stripping out everything that makes DOA what it is to appeal to a handful of nimrods who would never buy the game no matter what.   Get woke, go broke, as they say...

If they release PC version, then few will buy it, no matter what it is, only the richest will spend money when everything on the PC can be found for free.

14 hours ago, username421 said:

I mean, if they're really dumb enough to leave Marie out then I guess I'll save 60 bucks + whatever I would've bought in DLC.

6 hours ago, turei said:

Ayane    DOA6

That's not a new image though, right?

On 9/5/2018 at 1:14 AM, Baralgin said:

Another interview with Shimbori, in which he, in particular, gives the following answers:

"What sort of changes are being introduced to the DoA6 engine?

Everything has changed! Graphics, animations, facial expressions, physics, online netcode…"

This means that the modding will have to start from scratch, without any tools ...  :(if it is even possible at all ... 

Archived