Character presets for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky*

Character Presets for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* by Jiitek

Experimental release! Updated for Children of the Sky R2.

presetss.jpg

Download V2.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?qcexdir4a32b77k

Children of the Sky - Presets for Jiitek's Children of the Sky R2

8 December, 2012

This adds four male and nine female presets of the Ashen X117 race. Some of the females are models that were used in the LOLILABS 1.1.7 Index album; several were created for use in the Bandit and Forsworn NPCs for YII-TECHNIQUES-LABORS *Children of the Sky* mod: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=12608.

Files:

Presets for CotS ESM\CotS Presets.esp

CotS ESM\YChildren of the Sky.esm

CotS ESM Patched\YChildren of the Sky.esm

Pre-requirements:

The rest of Jiitek's Children of the Sky Mod -- make sure that it's the R2 release!

Apachii Hair

WARNING: The files named "YChildren of the Sky.esm" are the exact same file as Jiitek's original "YChildren of the Sky.esp" files only with the ESM bit set. I did this mainly because I didn't want to edit Jiitek's work. I have been using this for about a month now and have had no problems with it *** BUT *** if you start using it in an existing game and your PC is one of the Oraeze X117 races, it WILL break your character. Recoving is easy though and is discussed below. On the other hand, if you want new character presets, you're probably looking at changing your character anyway.

Installation:

You must have the R2 release of Jiitek's Children of the Sky mod and the Apachii Hair mod installed before installing this mod.

Using Nexus Mod Manager:

You will have the option to choose either the ESMified version of the basic Children of the Sky or the one with Prepatched Slider colors. You can choose only one or you can choose neither if you already have one installed.

On the Plugins tab, DISABLE "YChildren of the Sky.esp" and make sure that "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is ENABLED. Also make sure that "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is loaded after all other ESM files.

Manual installation:

Copy Presets for CotS ESM\CotS Presets.esp into your Skyrim\data directory

If you don't already have an ESMified version of children of the Sky installed, copy either CotS ESM\YChildren of the Sky.esm or CotS ESM Patched\YChildren of the Sky.esm into your Skyrim\data directory.

Use whatever method you use to DISABLE "YChildren of the Sky.esp"

Use whatever method you use to ENABLE "YChildren of the Sky.esm" and "CotS Presets.esp"

Make sure that "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is loaded after all of the other ESM files

Uninstallation:

Disable and remove "YChildren of the Sky.esm" and "CotS Presets.esp"

Re-enable "YChildren of the Sky.esp"

Usage suggestion:

Since the presets are only useful at character creation time a good option is to remove this mod after your character is created and revert to the ESP version of Children of the Sky. This will mess up your character the same way installing this mod with an existing X117 character does but you can simply follow the steps given below in the Fixing your character section. Removing this mod and reverting to the release version of Children of the Sky will prevent problems with other mods and eliminate the loading of an extra ESP file that is not needed unless you are creating a character.

Previous version info

Download V1.0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?ztg3vfwqubhmd35

Children of the Sky - Presets

2 October, 2012

This adds a number of male and female presets of the Ashen X117 race. Some of the females are models that were used in the LOLILABS 1.1.7 Index album; several were created for use in another upcoming mod which is currently in development.

Files:

YChildren of the Sky.esm

CotS Presets.esp

Pre-requirements:

The rest of Jiitek's Children of the Sky Mod

Apachii Hair

WARNING: The file "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is the exact same file as Jiitek's original "YChildren of the Sky.esp" only with the ESM bit set. I did this mainly because I didn't want to edit Jiitek's work. I have been using this for about a month now and have had no problems with it *** BUT *** if you start using it in an existing game and your PC is one of the Oraeze X117 races, it WILL break your character. Recoving is easy though and is discussed below. On the other hand, if you want new character presets, you're probably looking at changing your character anyway.

Installation:

You must have Jiitek's Children of the Sky mod and the Apachii Hair mod installed.

Copy both files into your Skyrim\Data directory

Use whatever method you use to DISABLE "YChildren of the Sky.esp"

Use whatever method you use to ENABLE "YChildren of the Sky.esm" and "CotS Presets.esp"

Make sure that "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is loaded after all of the other ESM files

Uninstallation:

Disable and remove "YChildren of the Sky.esm" and "CotS Presets.esp"

Re-enable "YChildren of the Sky.esp"

Updates

25 November, 2012

The main download link above has been updated to point to the full mod archive rebuilt with the corrected YChildren of the Sky.esm file. The standalone, rebuilt ESM file is still available at the link below.

24 November, 2012

This is a replacement for the YChildren of theSky.esm file contained in the download above: http://www.mediafire.com/?r48wx4kmy1dra5s

This corrects a problem in the original removing many extraneous hair color records. This is a quick fix and not extensively tested. Use at your own risk, especially if you are also using the "Bandits and Forsworn" mod which also requires this esm file.

Fixing your character:

If you have an existing character of the OraezeX117 race, you will need to set your race to some other race temporarily and then back. I suggest that you use the console command "setplayerrace OraezeRaceX117Vampire" followed by "setplayerrace OraezeRaceX117" as this is likely to preserve most of your appearance. It WILL mess up your stats though so before you do this, write down all of your attributes and create a file that looks like this:

player.setav smithing 
player.setav heavyarmor 
player.setav block 
player.setav twohanded 
player.setav onehanded 
player.setav marksman 
player.setav lightarmor 
player.setav sneak 
player.setav lockpicking 
player.setav pickpocket 
player.setav speechcraft 
player.setav alchemy 
player.setav illusion 
player.setav conjuration 
player.setav destruction 
player.setav restoration 
player.setav alteration 
player.setav enchanting 

With the changed to, um, your stat. Save the file in your Skyrim directory (not the data directory) and name it something like RestoreMyStats.txt. Then, once you've changed your race twice, type "bat RestoreMyStats".

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this a while back and couldn't find it again when I looked the next day. Good to see it wasn't deleted or anything. Thanks for this, it is always great to be able to start with a new face preset as a starting point when making a new look.

• 2 weeks later...

I did notice one thing not sure if it's my game or what if I select one of the new presets check what the hairs and stuff look like and then move to the next one to check that one out it will cause a ctd every time.

I wasn't able to duplicate this. Each time I go back to select a different preset it asks me if I want to lose my changes but continues on fine when I select "OK",

if you using dawnguard you probably need new RaceCompatibility.esm, at leat its solve CTD for me. But CK starting crashing :) so i using usual RaceCompatibility.esm when dont need to create new char or change face.

also common rule for "showracemenu" - you need small room without npc. So chance to crash is near to 0.

I tried it again later and whatever it was it seems to have past no more ctd after checking one out and going to the next one and clicking the ok. I always strip my player and have her in a place where there is no one if serana is with me I use the setunconscious option as she is annoying as all hell when you are either talking to someone or trying to change your looks and she comes by and runs right into and pushes you off the screen, Then hit the tab button and smack her on the back of her head and yell idiot I'm working here.

Instead of messing with the console to do show race menu try this mod out

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20394

I also use the camera tweak and the lower camera mesh supplied in the CotS thread. No messing with the console to fix stats or tfc (i just swing into third person and move the camera to the front of my character then cast the spell). I've had zero issue with it.

Also for freezing issues and ctds when using the Change Race try this mod

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25747

Its a small test cell.

Again, these mods work for me. May not be the same case for everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

WARNING: The file "YChildren of the Sky.esm" is the exact same file as Jiitek's original "YChildren of the Sky.esp" only with the ESM bit set. I did this mainly because I didn't want to edit Jiitek's work.

There's something strange here :

Jiitek => YChildren of the Sky.esp at 186 ko

Yours => YChildren of the Sky.esm at 3 358 ko

When it try the same conversion esp to esm i got it at 190 ko. The only change i could find in yours files are "color tint" ????

There's something strange here :

Jiitek => YChildren of the Sky.esp at 186 ko

Yours => YChildren of the Sky.esm at 3 358 ko

When it try the same conversion esp to esm i got it at 190 ko. The only change i could find in yours files are "color tint" ????

Thanks for pointing this out! Somewhere along the line' date=' the copy of Y Children of the Sky.esp in my Skyrim\data directory got saved with a huge number of extra color records. That was, unfortunately, the version that got ESMified.

If you're [i']really[/i] interested, this is my analysis looking at the two uncompressed ESP files:

Orig 11 records,  191402
Big  12 records, 3439246
Diff:           +3247844
12th record:      401404 (6580 sub records)
Unaccounted:     2846440

RACE Records:
Oraeze:
 Orig:   44406,   3705 sub records
 Big:  1467626, 155249 sub records
 Diff: 1423220
Vampire:
 Orig:   44374,   3705 sub records
 Big:  1467594, 155249 sub records
 Diff: 1423220
Total Diff: 2846440

I've rebuilt the ESM from the original ESP and posted it in the OP. It's only quickly tested with the Presets mod and not at all with the Bandits and Forsworn mod. At worst, however, it might result in some X117 Bandits or Forsworn with funny hair.

• 2 weeks later...