Body Replacers

zippy57

Well there is of course the type 3 body and armor replacer, then there is also the bouncing natural breast body and armor replacer, then we also have the type 6 body and armor replacer, and there's also the type 3m body and armor replacer aswell as the type 6m body an armor replacer. Though those last 2 don't exactly cover the same amount of armor/clothing as the others, they all cover the original vault suits.

Darn. Now, how many body replacers are redistributable? Long story short, I want to be able to give specific NPCs specific body types independent of the player's installed body type, but I'd also prefer to not force the player to download other body types and move them into other folders because that involves following instructions which too many people have trouble with.

Well they can all be redistributable, but in order to give each npc its own unique body you would have to create seperate files for each npc. For instance in my game, the majority of the npcs all use the type 6 body, but veronica, uses the t6m cause the mod I used to change her appearance (the veronica redux mod) has its own self contained body replacer, so I just replaced the mesh with the type6m, even my own character uses a unique body thanks to the Desert Succubus mod which also has its own self contained body replacer. Most custom companion mods also have one like willow, wendy gilbert, sonia, etc. But yeah you would have to create seperate files in order to give each npc their own unique body.

That's the plan, to have a number of races that use the different body types and are applied when appropriate. It'll have to have the meshes and textures held in non-standard folders, hence the need for redistributable files so I don't have to rely on the user to put them in the right spots.

In order for specific NPC's to have different body types than everyone else what D7 said is half the battle. The other half involves going into GECK and creating a new races for each NPC that is to have a different body. That way you can assign the body type you want to that race and then change that NPC from the default race to the one you created by making it point to the body in your new folder structure instead of to the default location. Some mods out there like the one D7 is talking about with Veronica, Willow, Wendy & Sonia makes that change already in the .esp. It may sound complicated because I suck at explaining things but it's actually extremely easy to do.

Oh I see now. Yeah a lot of body replacers that I've noticed require permissions before hand except for Kendo's Berry Boobs mod, Type 6 and Type 6M which have open permissions but yet you see a lot of mods like the ones D7 mention that have the Type3, BnB, etc. bodies included so that part always confuses me as far as uploading them with a mod.

Type 3, I think, is a case of Dimon walking away from the Nexus for several years, and not updating his permission instructions since the format switch. I'd say crediting type 3 in the file name, and him in the credits section, along with Kendo for the port to NV, is fine.

I stumbled upon Dimon briefly in Skyrim, shot him a message when I saw his UNP upload, and mentioned Kristina's Closet. Since he was unreachable, I never got his direct permission, but I did get it from Kendo a little later. He didn't mind, just said he was glad it was still getting used, pretty much.

Just upload the outfits, and require the original Type 3 port by Kendo (not the BOG variant!) and you'll never have trouble.

The problem with the BNB body is the armor replacer is too skimpy. Without a version of the replacer that doesn't turn armor and clothing into "armor" and "clothing" it's useless to me in this situation.

EDIT: Actually, honestly, I need the replacers more than I need the bodies themselves, as most of the NPCs are going to remain clothed for quite a large percentage of their screen time.

Archived