Annoying freezes

Joycen

Hi im running total of 407 mods with 251 plugins!   I use Snapdragon ENB at 2K resolution with constant 60fps (vsync) problem is im getting weird fps drops like from 60 to 47 something loads or what ever thats what bothering me it happens all the time especially when running fast or riding.

CPU   i7 6700k 4.2ghz

GTX 1080 Ti

16Gb dd4

SSD 500+ W/R

LoadOrder_Skyrim_2017-08-19T04-13-27.txt

First, is it alwaslys at the same spots? Did you try the same spots without enb enabled? Then second, get performance monitor for skyrim and check the spikes. Do you use hdt? I guess you do..

Also, disable skyrims vsync because it will drop your frames to 45 if you don't get close to 60. The end one should do the job better, or you get the plugin from nexus, or use Nvidia fps cap.

First, is it alwaslys at the same spots? Did you try the same spots without enb enabled? Then second, get performance monitor for skyrim and check the spikes. Do you use hdt? I guess you do..

Also, disable skyrims vsync because it will drop your frames to 45 if you don't get close to 60. The end one should do the job better, or you get the plugin from nexus, or use Nvidia fps cap.

ENB has a framerate cap built in.

ENB has a framerate cap built in.

yes i know, but i guess its not working right, i prefer use the nvidia one

You have 251 mods = shitload of scripts you shouldnt expect to get constant 60 fps with a heavy scripted and heavy grahpical setup.

Your computer has 16 milliseconds to complete all calculations and draw the image to your screen in order to maintain 60 frames a second. (1sec=1000ms/60frames per second=16) So your pc has 16 miliseconds per frame.

More calculations for scripts = less time for other things.

If you want to know what mods you should get rid of you should simply think about which mods are the most active. Something like frostfall has constant checks every x seconds for parameter x, y and z which makes it a script heavy mod not because it has a lot of scripts, but because its scripts are constantly active and cost you said time.

I dont think there is someone who knows all the mods you use and if they are heavy or not so you might go over your loadorder and question you that yourself. Its not one specific mod or two that cause your "freezes" its the combination of all involved parts in such a case.

Mods that I know from your loadorder that are script heavy:

Footprints

Head Tracking

Well might not look much but I dont know or didnt use 90% of the mods in your loadorder thats why I said think about what I described yourself. To give you another idea for what to look based on these two examples. Footprints has to track every npc in x amount of range and keep track of him and that for every npc making it highly active and time consuming.  Head tracking obviously, it has to track all npc's position in relation to the player and decide based on that where your pc has to face to, this again leads to like with footprints a constantly active mod that has to keep track of multiple npcs.

Your graphical setup is no ease for the allready loaded up system. So if you drop frames when you get near crowded areas or load new areas in general I wouldnt be suprised. You dont have to be near it yourself the grids skyrim loads are fairly big and independent from line of sight. You might have heard about ugrids before.

Higher speed = running or riding obviously increases the load as more information has to be processed in less time.

Again I doubt someone knows all mods on your loadorder so go over them yourself or set the fps limit to 50 its not like skyrim is a shooter where you need constant high fps.

I know you dont want to hear that just my opinion.

now i think its now mod related problem i disabled all the mods started skyrim and problem is still there any ideas ?

What deoxy said.  Script based mods are almost always the culprit of noticeable slowdown.  My rig is nowhere near as powerful as yours, and I have had crippling framerate drops while using certain script-heavy mods.  The fix for me was as simple as disabling said mods.

It's just part of modding skyrim, doesn't matter how powerful your computer is. The game engine can only handle as much as it can handle.

A few things that may help, but keep in mind with big load orders is that everything is slower and you WILL drop frames.

Make sure if you're using the SKSE memory patch that you've got the values set at something decently higher for your load order or preferably use Crash Fixes' OS allocator.
Disable compression in ENB settings, Enable ReduceSystemMemoryUsage. Maybe if you've gone some ENBSeries settings on "Very High" turn them down to lighten the processing load.
Unpacking BSA's of large/DLC size mods usually helps with loading speeds.
It's good that you've got Skyrim on an SSD, huge difference. Make sure you're keeping it optimized and "healthy". If you've only got one or the one you use most and it supports it, activate RAPID mode. It brings things to a whole new level. For me, it increases R/W speeds tenfold.

Reading data from ssd won't increase the engines work speed, test it out, create a mklink for your mo and move files to ssd. Games data also pre-load to ram/vram and is not streamed from your hard drive

So in fact your stutters won't even go away if you create a ram disk and use 2x1080ti.. Decrease the size of scripted mods and make sure you don't have inefficient textures which fill up ram space like crazy, for example 8k treebark or shit.

Try the new windows snapshot build, they fixed the dx9 memory bug so maybe this will bring you further

Archived