Trouble with some mods in Skyrim

SyncShips

Hey everyone.

I recently downloaded the mods for the master (NPC)/slave (PC) pack, like Sanguine Debauchery, 0Sex, FNIS, and so on.

For some reason though, every mod works except ones linked to animations.  Whenever the models go into the start of sex animations, the chest and legs of the models disappear.  I don't know a lot about modding and have tried everything I know by re-downloading every mod, trying to reset or update mods, and then trying to make a new save (and some other ones).  I can give information definitely, just let me know what you all need!  Apologies and thanks in advanced.

You say the chest and legs disappear, but I understand the hands and feet don't, right? Check out SexLab's MCM menu and see if you have the Nudesuit options toggled on.

They are a legacy option that equips "naked body clothes" whenever a scene starts, but IIRC it doesn't include any actual body meshes and you have to move the corresponding files to a specific path yourself if you want to use that functionality. Maybe you turned them on by mistake (or forgot to set up the files if you do want to use them); it sure does sound like that could be your problem.

I don't know which slave/master pack you're refering to, some points that are important:

1. some mods like SD+ have theirs own requirements, make sure they are installed as well. 

2. Installing FNIS isn't enough, you have to setip your Mod manager to use FNIS and run it.

3. Same for bodyslide, especially if you use Devious devices. You need to batch build those items, there are no meshes for several items by default.

You say the chest and legs disappear, but I understand the hands and feet don't, right? Check out SexLab's MCM menu and see if you have the Nudesuit options toggled on.

They are a legacy option that equips "naked body clothes" whenever a scene starts, but IIRC it doesn't include any actual body meshes and you have to move the corresponding files to a specific path yourself if you want to use that functionality. Maybe you turned them on by mistake (or forgot to set up the files if you do want to use them); it sure does sound like that could be your problem.

I think this might be the problem, as I have two folders called "Skyrim Mods" and then "mods," so it's hard to figure out where/when I went wrong with this, since I've had this game for a long time.

I don't know which slave/master pack you're refering to, some points that are important:

1. some mods like SD+ have theirs own requirements, make sure they are installed as well. 

2. Installing FNIS isn't enough, you have to setip your Mod manager to use FNIS and run it.

3. Same for bodyslide, especially if you use Devious devices. You need to batch build those items, there are no meshes for several items by default.

Could you explain what that all means?  Like I said, fairly new to this whole idea.

I installed FNIS and did the whole "GenerateFNISKey" system.  I use ModOrganizer for my manager, and I did make sure to have every requirement for each mod too.

Batch?  Mesh?  Terminology is outta my mind!  xD

I think this might be the problem, as I have two folders called "Skyrim Mods" and then "mods," so it's hard to figure out where/when I went wrong with this, since I've had this game for a long time.

Could you explain what that all means?  Like I said, fairly new to this whole idea.

I installed FNIS and did the whole "GenerateFNISKey" system.  I use ModOrganizer for my manager, and I did make sure to have every requirement for each mod too.

OK, do you have devious devices (DD) installed? As far as i remember, it's a requirement for Sanguines Debauchery (SD+).

And for DD you need to run bodyslide via MO. A mesh is the form of an item (in opposite to textures, which are the colors). You make them when you press the "batch build" button in bodyslide (as final step).

There are several tutorials how to setup bodyslide properly via MO, if you made it with FNIS, bodyslide won't be much different.

For how to use bodyslide 

was very helpful imho although it's for FO4, there aren't that much differences and it's really good explained.

The start is how to install bodyslide and CBBE for FO4, for a beginner i'd recommend to watch it anyways because it's a bit easier to understand some things he does later in the video if you know what he's done before.

It'll not only make the necessary meshes, with bodyslide you have total al lot of control how your body will look like with or without clothes and, if you make the effort, even has the option to make it look different for different clothes. For example heavy breasts for simple clothes, and for leather armor you can add some push up effect, a bit flatter for metal armor. It's advanced, but not really difficult, just some more clicks, and you don't have to do it in the beginning, any time is fine. Experiment a bit when you had some first success i'd suggest. :)

DD are an exception that for some items there aren't any meshes at all, usually armors etc have meshes but if there is a bodyslide file for them, you can replace the form with your custom batch build. Doesn't work for all, but most armors and clothes today have bodyslide files, including some vanilla replacers, so all women will wear them if you use one of those.

OK, do you have devious devices (DD) installed? As far as i remember, it's a requirement for Sanguines Debauchery (SD+).

And for DD you need to run bodyslide via MO. A mesh is the form of an item (in opposite to textures, which are the colors). You make them when you press the "batch build" button in bodyslide (as final step).

There are several tutorials how to setup bodyslide properly via MO, if you made it with FNIS, bodyslide won't be much different.

For how to use bodyslide 

was very helpful imho although it's for FO4, there aren't that much differences and it's really good explained.

The start is how to install bodyslide and CBBE for FO4, for a beginner i'd recommend to watch it anyways because it's a bit easier to understand some things he does later in the video if you know what he's done before.

It'll not only make the necessary meshes, with bodyslide you have total al lot of control how your body will look like with or without clothes and, if you make the effort, even has the option to make it look different for different clothes. For example heavy breasts for simple clothes, and for leather armor you can add some push up effect, a bit flatter for metal armor. It's advanced, but not really difficult, just some more clicks, and you don't have to do it in the beginning, any time is fine. Experiment a bit when you had some first success i'd suggest. :)

DD are an exception that for some items there aren't any meshes at all, usually armors etc have meshes but if there is a bodyslide file for them, you can replace the form with your custom batch build. Doesn't work for all, but most armors and clothes today have bodyslide files, including some vanilla replacers, so all women will wear them if you use one of those.

I see what you mean.  I will have to try this when I get home from work, appreciate it.

As an update, here's what the game looks like for me, right now.

post-1928926-0-67457200-1499867938_thumb.jpg

Hmm, males should stay visible, though... do you have DD for him installed or something? There is also an option in sexlab not to use nude bodies, maybe that's checked but they aren't there. Or the other way around, are bodies visible if naked in general?

Everyone is visible and I have some DD installed. DD integreation, enslaved, helpless, and that's it.  I have three of   I clicked the non nude bodies as well as nude bodies, no change there.

Hmm, males should stay visible, though... do you have DD for him installed or something? There is also an option in sexlab not to use nude bodies, maybe that's checked but they aren't there. Or the other way around, are bodies visible if naked in general?

Everyone is visible and I have some DD installed. DD integreation, enslaved, helpless, and that's it.  I have three of   I clicked the non nude bodies as well as nude bodies, no change there.

Wait, you don't have DD assets or DD extensions? In this case, i'd recommend to start from scratch and read &install the requirements for every single mod you add, because those are definitly mentioned. Always.

And don't forget the classic: FNIS needs to be set as an executable in MO. Otherwise it won't work too well. You can do this in the Data ribbon on the right side. Then right click on FNIS and set it as an executable, if I remember correctly.

BTW I haven't seen this before.

Wait, you don't have DD assets or DD extensions? In this case, i'd recommend to start from scratch and read &install the requirements for every single mod you add, because those are definitly mentioned. Always.

Even if I do happen to get those, would they fix the animations on bodies?  I understand in certain cases, sure...

And don't forget the classic: FNIS needs to be set as an executable in MO. Otherwise it won't work too well. You can do this in the Data ribbon on the right side. Then right click on FNIS and set it as an executable, if I remember correctly.

Neither have I, but I appreciate everyone's help.  I'm getting so frustrated with this, that I'm considering scraping everything...

Even if I do happen to get those, would they fix the animations on bodies?  I understand in certain cases, sure...

Neither have I, but I appreciate everyone's help.  I'm getting so frustrated with this, that I'm considering scraping everything...

The point here is that DDa and DDx are always mentioned as requirement, very good to see. You have at least two mods which need them and if you've missed those, i don't want to go through your complete list and see what else you've forgotten, especially for mods i don't know.

So, starting from scratch would help if you take the time and read at least the requirements for all mods you use, better the complete descriptions. Try to get sexlab Skyrim working first, in a new game, not a loaded one. With MO you should only have one folder called "mods", and that should be within MO. Your Skyrim Data folder should be pretty much vanilla. If it isn't, you might check how it should look like, but... i'd start with uninstalling Skyrim and deleting everything the deinstall routine doesn't delete, maybe backup saves before, plus the modlist.txt to be sure you rememer all non-adlut mods you possibly have in your saves.

If that's done, check the tutorials to see how you setup the few things that you can't install in MO only like SKSE, ENBoost (only that, not an ENB), then the tutorials how to install and setup stuff like FNIS and Bodyslide within MO. Start a new game again and see if Skyrim works.

Then install sexlab and all requirements via MO + matchmaker + alternative starts to avoid the intro, but nothing else yet. Start a new game again and see if sexlab works. That way you'll at least have a clue at which point things went wrong if something doesn't work.

If you have an old save game you want to continue (goto 2. if you don't), this is the time to test if your mod setup works there when everything is fine in a new game. But it's hard to get it right and even if you don't do any mistake, it's possible your saves can't be rescued. If sexlab + requirements doesn't work with your old save, try to install all mods you had before adding sexlab, run Loot, load a save before adding sexlab the first time, and see if it works. If not, compare if it works with a new game. With this comparison you'll know if there is a mod conflict, or if it's something in your saves.

For mod conflicts, go back to your "sexlab only" setup and add some few mods, start a new game, check stuff, continue until you've found the conflicting mod. For bad saves you can try to rescue it with a save game cleaner, but... there is no guarantee it'll work.

2. Once sexlab works fine with new games, you can save and start to add all other mods you want.

You can also copy your profile in MO so you have something to go back if things go wrong. Don't add too many mods at once, one reason is that if things stop working you only have to check a couple of mods for conflicts and disable the bad one, the second reason is that most mods install themselves immediatly and the number of mods that can be installed at once is limited (by papyrus engine/your CPU/...). I'd suggest something between 5 and 20 at once, depending how much you dare and if you're willing to go back and try again with less. Also depends on what those mods do, mods like Frostfall and SD+ with scripts have a more complicated install routine than, let's say, a shiny sword. Installing 200 armor mods at once shouldn't be a problem, 100 script mods probably won't work.

I'd recommend to start with those you already know, consider stable and really really want, + their requirements. Or maybe those requirements only if it seems to be too much. That way you can not only check for conflicts but also play a bit and see if everything really works during gameplay, too.

You are very welcome and I can tell you stories about my frustration. It is very time consuming and the results are frustrating most time. There are mismatches in version numbers, things already contained in some mods, but not described etc.

I can only recommend to follow the hints given here and check the requirements for each mod. If something is missing also MO will tell you.

I use FNIS, Loot, Body Slide and Wrye Bash as well as the Crash Fix plug-ins from Nexus. This helped me a lot plus all the others here and their good advice. Good luck!

Archived